Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 3:44:42 AM EDT
[#1]
http://nas4.atlanta.gbhinc.com/GB/036670000/36670823/pix1569591343.jpg

What's the red thing, a fire extinguisher in case of a KaBoom?
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 7:37:25 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
nas4.atlanta.gbhinc.com/GB/036670000/36670823/pix1569591343.jpg

What's the red thing, a fire extinguisher in case of a KaBoom?

That's the gas cannister -- it's Airsoft! ;)
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 9:36:34 AM EDT
[#3]
clearly a can of pepper spray
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 3:17:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Clearly you did not get the joke.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 4:22:11 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Yall didn't get yours yet??  

img.photobucket.com/albums/v603/nationwide/guns/16inch_Cav.jpg

ETA:  Mine is even the green frame!

RIGHT ON!
The Cav Arms Cav-15 is here now, well proven, and uses all USGI parts!   And, by God, I think it looks a bit like an AR15, the most proven, longest serving tactical rifle of all time!   I cannot imagine Glock out-doing this.   And it is American made.  (Yes, I have one).
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 2:39:32 AM EDT
[#6]
IMHO Glock should be making AR-15 carbines....
... that use Glock factory mags for all of their different calibers.

I.e. produce different lower receivers for the different mag sizes/calibers, with different barreled uppers.

I certainly wouldn't mind a 9mm AR-15 style carbine that uses Glock mags or a 45 Auto AR-15 carbine that uses Glock mags. I already have Glock mags and this could prove to have a tactical advantage in Law Enforcement because your buddies are going to have Glocks and Glock mags so you can all interchange mags. I know there's an AR-15 lower that takes Glock mags, but IIRC it's only for 9mm. A 10mm AR-15 carbine would be awesome!

Glock is wasting their time and money on a .223 AR-15 carbine if that is what they are doing.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 4:32:58 AM EDT
[#7]
It's not a "Glock Carbine", but I picked up a Keltec SU16C recently . . . not bad for a car gun.  .223, AR magazine fed, 1/2x28 threaded barrel for Flash Suppressor, folds into a small, light package . . . and as is all the rage right now . . .  it's Piston Driven :D
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 4:07:57 PM EDT
[#8]
the KT always felt flimsy to me.  Like i would break it if i dropped it.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 8:37:02 AM EDT
[#9]
I've recently read the tread about the Military Going back to .45 ACP (JCP) and some of the specs have Glock written all over it.  

If Glock is going to compete - which they would be nuts not to do - all the R&D is going to go into the new pistol and not a Glock Carbine.

The Glock Carbine is now officially dead.  You heard it here first.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 1:46:44 PM EDT
[#10]
glock is not gonna redesign the glock for the military.  The military can take it as it is or leave it.  If it requires the addition of a retarded external safety, they've done that before so no R&D
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 2:33:10 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

I hope you like the taste of crow...
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 2:43:07 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I've recently read the tread about the Military Going back to .45 ACP (JCP) and some of the specs have Glock written all over it.  

If Glock is going to compete - which they would be nuts not to do - all the R&D is going to go into the new pistol and not a Glock Carbine.

smells more like H&K not glock
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 9:55:20 AM EDT
[#13]
Actually, the spec calls for a mil spec accessory rail - which the HK USP doesn't have.  The new model does, but doesn't come in .45 ACP.  

I've got my money on S&W.  
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 10:29:48 AM EDT
[#14]
Damn this thread and everyone who keeps bumping it up... ever wish you never posted into a thread. Every time I see it come back to the top I think someone has real actual news.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 10:44:32 AM EDT
[#15]
YUP -
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 12:29:54 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
jibber jabber

Link Posted: 9/12/2005 1:39:14 AM EDT
[#17]
Any new pictures or ideas....smirks
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 4:36:51 AM EDT
[#18]
I would like to see Glock pistol-caliber AR-15 carbines, that take Glock high capacity mags.
Glock would of course produce 30+ round mags for 40 S&W, 45 Auto, 45 GAP, 10mm Auto, and 357 SIG. The AR-15 lower would take only Glock mags, and shoot Glock calibers.

What you end up with is a highly modular AR-15 system that fires 9mm Luger, 40 S&W, 45 Auto, 45 GAP, 10mm Auto, or 357 SIG depending on barrel configuration.

I have always wanted a 9mm/40/45 carbine that wasn't as neutered or retarded looking as the HK USC.
Link Posted: 10/14/2005 2:19:51 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 10/14/2005 2:34:51 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Why don't you just be honest and post:

+1

Running up post count.
Link Posted: 10/14/2005 2:50:24 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

Running up post count.

Actually, I was tagging the thread for later.  Does that offend you?
Link Posted: 10/14/2005 2:56:37 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

Running up post count.

No, actually I could not care less. I just find it funny.
Link Posted: 10/14/2005 3:12:42 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

Running up post count.

That why you commented in the first place?
Link Posted: 10/14/2005 5:51:52 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

Running up post count.

That why you commented in the first place?

Link Posted: 10/14/2005 9:31:15 PM EDT
[#25]
These....Glock carbines.
Do you think the mag will go in the grip or infront of the trigger?
Link Posted: 10/15/2005 4:15:33 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
These....Glock carbines.
Do you think the mag will go in the grip or infront of the trigger?

Thank you for trying to get this thread back on track.

No one knows for sure. Some people believe it will be more of a bullpup design but again, no one knows because no one has ever seen one.
Link Posted: 10/15/2005 5:23:09 AM EDT
[#27]
I think the carbine will be squared up like the GLOCK pistols are... and the magazines will both go in the grip AND the magwell in front of the trigger guard. The mags in the grip will be backups and not functional from there... there will be a mag release that releases the mag in the grip just like the pistols so switching over to the carbine will be that much easier for GLOCK owners. There would be a separate mag release on the right side of the trigger guard/magwell for the functional mag.

Like I said I think it will be squared up and look like a mix between the Tippmann Carbine (paintball) and the UMP45..... Like all his pistols, they are simple in design, simple to operate and have less clutter... so that is something to consider when imagining the thing.

ETA: I also think the grip angle will be different... not a straight grip, but more of a modified GLOCK grip.
Link Posted: 10/16/2005 8:59:39 PM EDT
[#28]
inside news? or speculation?
Link Posted: 10/17/2005 10:58:55 AM EDT
[#29]
--- post removed ---
Link Posted: 10/17/2005 11:00:57 AM EDT
[#30]
So the Glock 22 is a 40 and a Glock 40 is a 22.  Fucking great, now everyone will be even more confused
Link Posted: 10/17/2005 11:26:30 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
I had a factory tour this weekend and all the secret, hush-hush, hints you have been hearing is about Glock’s new pistol – the G41.  It is going to be officially released at the upcoming Shot Show and will be something similar to the G35, but in .45 GAP.  For those of you that buy the Glock annual, the new gun will be splashed across the cover and outlined in two articles, one in an interview with Gaston on 1/20/2006.  It is essentially a tactical pistol (threaded barrel, hi-cap mag, adjustable night sites, rail) that Glock plans to submit for the upcoming US Joint Combat Pistol trials.  They even had a Glock suppressor on the display model (that I wasn’t allowed to touch), but I’m not sure if they were promoting the can.  It did have some sort of shot counter stuffed in the mag well behind the mag.  Apparently you can scan the pistol and it will tell you how many times the weapon has been fired.  Not sure why you want that, but what the hell it was a neat gadget.    

Also as part of the new 2006 line is another new pistol the G40.  It’s a .22 long rifle pistol that is the same size as a 19/23 models, etc.  What was interesting was it had a safety.  Glock is also going to offer a “Glock 22 Practice Kit” (22 upper with 2 mags) that “fits most models so users can practice more often”.  Mag capacity wasn’t shared, but I this may be a hit with anyone who owns a Glock.  

I almost forgot, but the other new Glock product was that the Glock flashlight was going to get a laser on it.  

I asked every Glock employee that I could find about the potential for a Glock carbine and everyone laughed.  They pointed out that the Law Enforcement community is the primary group they market to and that LEOs have no use for a pistol carbine.  It a carbine was going to be made it would be out of a rifle or armor penetrating round, although it sounded like any new carbine would likely be a new cartridge (like FN did) because they “can getter better ballistics out of smaller packages” nowadays.  

If you ever have a chance to tour the factory, you should try and go.  

Hopefully that'll take the wind out of this threads sails for a while. I'm tired of seeing it pop up with no legitmiate news on this Glock Ness Monster Carbine...
Link Posted: 10/17/2005 11:29:37 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
So the Glock 22 is a 40 and a Glock 40 is a 22.  Fucking great, now everyone will be even more confused

Maybe the DEA agent had a prototype of the new Glock "fordty"?

CFFUTS23 - Thanks for the very informative post!
Link Posted: 10/17/2005 11:43:10 AM EDT
[#33]
When is the new Glock annual due out?
Link Posted: 10/17/2005 2:35:32 PM EDT
[#34]
I call Bullshit on all the new products that were mentioned a few posts back. Glock really doesn't offer tours to just anyone. You have to be "Somebody" to get a tour. The poster might be "Somebody", but I still call BS. It sound like someone read all the posts here and at Glock Talk, of ideas that everyone thought would be next or would like to see produced.

I might be wrong, but, my 2 cents worth.

GlockSpeed31
Link Posted: 10/17/2005 3:36:10 PM EDT
[#35]
The JCP is looking for 45 Auto, as in ACP, NOT GAP. No one important cares about 45 GAP.
Link Posted: 10/17/2005 5:43:57 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
I call Bullshit on all the new products that were mentioned a few posts back. Glock really doesn't offer tours to just anyone. You have to be "Somebody" to get a tour. The poster might be "Somebody", but I still call BS. It sound like someone read all the posts here and at Glock Talk, of ideas that everyone thought would be next or would like to see produced.

I might be wrong, but, my 2 cents worth.

GlockSpeed31

I'm not going to call BS because I do know that Glock has a new pistol for the JCP but I find it hard to believe that someone from Glock actually monitors this forum. Why would they care what we think or say?
Link Posted: 10/18/2005 2:41:56 AM EDT
[#37]
Again, the JCP calls for 45 Auto (ACP) and NOT 45 GAP. It's great that Glock may have a submission for the JCP but if they're going to submit only the 45 GAP "Tactical" Model, they already lost the competition because the military is NOT going to start procuring a new cartridge that was made last year just for the Glock and force the other competitors to switch to 45 GAP.

I have heard rumors the Glock 40 (model 40) is going to be a Tactical/Practical 45 ACP pistol, something that a lot of people have been waiting to see. That could be a good JCP offering... but not 45 GAP.

When you can find 45 GAP overseas in 3rd world countries, that will be the time when the US/NATO/UN will consider 45 GAP for widespread procurement.
Link Posted: 10/18/2005 4:43:32 AM EDT
[#38]
interesting, lots of "I'm not supposed to know, but....";

the
"I just got a nasty email from *.glock and am removing my post. I'll let Glock make product announcements in the future."

is a nice touch

edited for clarity
Link Posted: 10/18/2005 9:10:59 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
interesting, lots of "I'm not supposed to know, but...."; the "--- post removed ---

I just got a nasty email from *.glock and am removing my post. I'll let Glock make product announcements in the future."

is a nice touch

haha...forward someone the e-mail.  I suppose pantherfinder got the e-mail too since he quoted you.
Link Posted: 10/20/2005 7:30:33 AM EDT
[#40]
actually I was quoting him
Link Posted: 10/20/2005 9:04:20 AM EDT
[#41]
Wow, I could smell the bullshit from this thread all the way from the general forum.

Link Posted: 10/20/2005 9:15:03 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
Wow, I could smell the bull**** from this thread all the way from the general forum.

Yet you felt the need to follow your nose here... and click... and read... and type & hit SUBMIT.

Interesting.
Link Posted: 10/20/2005 11:50:48 AM EDT
[#43]
Not once but twice.

Thanks anyway Captain Obvious.

Link Posted: 10/20/2005 3:08:02 PM EDT
[#44]
Talked with a lady in the LE sales side of Glock today and she told me for sure that the carbine is a go and will be revealed at shot 06.  She also added that there is not new handguns on the table at all which disappointed me greatly.  Oh, well.  Hopefully it is as cool as mr glock made it out to be.
Link Posted: 10/21/2005 3:59:14 AM EDT
[#45]
Last I heard the carbine will be .223/5.56x45.
Will it use AR-15 mags or will it use Glock mags?

I'm guessing it will be a completely revolutionary/new design, I am intrigued nonetheless.
Link Posted: 10/21/2005 4:03:07 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Wow, I could smell the bull**** from this thread all the way from the general forum.

Yet you felt the need to follow your nose here... and click... and read... and type & hit SUBMIT.

Interesting.

Some people just have a nose for it I guess.
Link Posted: 10/21/2005 5:19:10 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
Last I heard the carbine will be .223/5.56x45.
Will it use AR-15 mags or will it use Glock mags?

I'm guessing it will be a completely revolutionary/new design, I am intrigued nonetheless.

The lady would not give out more info than just saying there are no new pistols in the works and a carbine will hit at Shot.  I put my $.02 in and told her that I hoped it was not a pistol caliber carbine because all the agencies are starting to go with short barreled M4 style Ar rifles and get rid of the pistol caliber carbines.  She still would not bite.  
Link Posted: 10/24/2005 7:44:18 AM EDT
[#48]
Apologies in Order

I wanted to quickly appologize and set the record straight on my earlier post.  Last week a co-worker and I were discussing guns over lunch and he was saving for the new Glock carbine that “is going to be released early next year”.  His source was a guy on a web site that had a brother-in-law that worked at Glock….yada…yada…yada and a few minutes later he had taken a $100 bet that I couldn’t start a new ‘Glock Product’ rumor.  In order to collect, my information had to be posted in at least three forums in 24 hours.  I won the bet and was told that my rumor was posted in six sites within 24 hours, some even had hot links to the post.    

Most of you correctly called bullshit, but there are a few nuggets of truth.  The Glock annual will be published on that date, Glock has submitted for a U.S. patent for a shot counter and the Glock flashlight is now available with a laser.  The G22 in .40 vs. G40 in .22 (I liked the irony and the safety like Sig’s Mosquito) and the Glock carbine information is completely false.  I have absolutely no idea what Glock’s product line will be next year.  

Flame away and I'll keep saving for my Glock .223 carbine that I hear is due out early next year!  

Link Posted: 10/24/2005 8:54:09 AM EDT
[#49]
Well rumor, BS or not, I still want a Glock Carbine.  Not in 223, I'm very happy with my Bushmaster.  

I want a 9mm that uses G17 and G18 mags. The Keltec looks like shit and I can't imagine it's made to to Glock quality standards.  I like the idea of the Beretta Storm and the looks are not bad.  But I want mags compatible with my chosen handgun which is a G17.

The fact that no 'inside information' has come out either means the Glock is extremely good at keeping secrets or this is just a big fat rumor.
Link Posted: 10/24/2005 11:04:14 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
Well rumor, BS or not, I still want a Glock Carbine.  Not in 223, I'm very happy with my Bushmaster.  

I want a 9mm that uses G17 and G18 mags. The Keltec looks like shit and I can't imagine it's made to to Glock quality standards.  I like the idea of the Beretta Storm and the looks are not bad.  But I want mags compatible with my chosen handgun which is a G17.

I agree 100% with everything you wrote but I wouldn't mind too much if it could also take G19 mags as well.

That said, it sounds more and more like we are both going to be SOL
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top