BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 7:05:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Currently I use Mec-Gar 8 rounders...

Was at the range today, to make sure some misgivings I had about my Wilson 47D I got (new in ziplock bag, all that jazz) were founded in reality..

With the Mec-Gar's, feed, extract, etc fine.

With the Wilson?

Constant 3-point feed jams. CONSTANT. I literally had each and every round, all 8, 3-point-jam on me in one session. Reloaded, tried again...same jam, and after the 3rd round (live round in chamber after pulling back the slide and re-chambering), ejected the mag, and slapped in a Mec-Gar mag. Fired all 9 rounds without a hiccup.

Sorry...sticking with Mec-Gar. Their 7 and 8 round mags have been flawless for me.

Shit, I got a pile of those USGI rejects that Ammoman and other places sell for like $8/each (rejects or not they are PERFECT range mags, and with weeding out, make good carry mags)...each and every one, including ones obviously out of spec with bent followers or feed lips..those all fed better than the Wilson.

Maybe it's my gun...but I ain't touching another one, not in this gun.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 7:08:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Wilson 47D
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 4:45:32 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I bought ten of these for $100.00.  They are Power Mags without the "Chip McCormick" markings.  

CDNN

These have proven to be good mags for the money.  I sold five of them to a member here and kept five for myself.

If you guys are interested, you might see about putting a group buy together.  The mags are $9.00 each and CDNN charges a flat $10.00 for shipping on 1 or 100 mags.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 6:24:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Wilson 47DCB
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 6:40:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Wilson for my Kimber Pro Carry stainless
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 9:06:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Haven't ever had my hands on a 47D, but I love the Mec Gar mag.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top