Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/14/2023 1:28:36 PM EDT
I ordered a Harrison medium trigger for my milspec upgrade.  What is the desired amount of take up (slop) before the bow touches the sear?

The two triggers I currently have are about a good 1/8".

Thanks
Link Posted: 6/14/2023 1:34:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By Cooper1:
I ordered a Harrison medium trigger for my milspec upgrade.  What is the desired amount of take up (slop) before the bow touches the sear?

The two triggers I currently have are about a good 1/8".

Thanks
View Quote
That would be personal preference if you ask me. I adjust for zero.
Link Posted: 6/14/2023 2:15:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks.  I was concerned about safety with 0 take up.
Link Posted: 6/14/2023 2:26:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Cooper1:
Thanks.  I was concerned about safety with 0 take up.
View Quote
As long as the tabs on the side of the trigger are not bent to make it put pressure on the sear it is fine, you can adjust a little at a time until you just barely feel some take up, maybe a 1/16 of an inch. Over travel screw is the same, adjust to failure then out a smidge until reliable or a full turn is standard.
Link Posted: 8/25/2023 9:18:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Here’s a cool video on the subject and how to adjust:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=76aXF3dWE4w
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top