Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/11/2024 8:32:05 PM EDT
So today I got 2 hot little red dots in the mail. Acro P2 enclosed optic and the Holosun Acss vulcan. Euro optic had the best deal on the Acro and Primary Arms was the only place I could find the Acss reticle Holosun. Slapped them on, went to the range and had a blast! I'm really digging the Holosun and it will be my new EDC. The giant 10 MOA chevron is easy to find and get on target quickly and for precision out at extended distances beyond 25 yards, you use the tip of the chevron. If you are still trying to work out presentation issues, the ring in the screen quickly shows you which way to adjust.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 8:00:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Joedirt199] [#1]
For some reason the acss would not focus for me even with my glasses. Took a picture through my phone and it wasn't the optic. Primary Arms was nice enough to let me change it out for a dot instead.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 8:15:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Funny you mention that, a friend of mine got a green holosun where the reticle looked fuzzy and out of focus, but when you put your reading glasses on it looked good. I told him he got a defective optic and it shouldn't be that way.  I am happy to report that my chevron is crisp and clear.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 4:21:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Mine was in the 509 so not sure if the double lenses messed me up. My glasses focus a single dot much better.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 12:08:21 AM EDT
[#4]
How do you like the SRO? Thoughts on reliability vs ACRO / closed emitter? In other words, how necessary is bombproof on an EDC pistol.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 8:01:19 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By alpha0815:
How do you like the SRO? Thoughts on reliability vs ACRO / closed emitter? In other words, how necessary is bombproof on an EDC pistol.
View Quote

That probably depends on how you treat your EDC weapon.  

Do you dive out of aircraft with it?

Do you swim 500ft below the surface with it?  

Do you drop it on concrete every week?

Do you bang it on doorjambs everyday? (Probably the heaviest abuse an exposed duty weapon will see, EDC?  Probably not so much).
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 5:20:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 154incher] [#6]
I consider the SRO a light duty optic made for gun gamers, IDPA, USPSA etc.  I use mine for USPSA and would not use it for EDC or any hard duty use as the plastic frame around the lens may not stand up to the abuse. I do like the nice big lens, but if you want to save some money, the Leupold DPP also has  nice big lens rivaling the SRO.

I bought the Acro because I like to try different optics, not so much because i need an enclosed emitter.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top