Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/28/2024 5:53:38 PM EDT
I was gifted a new Glock 20. I am a huge fan of 10mm and intend to shoot many rounds of 10mm through this gun. However, my supply of 10mm is not great while I have over 30,000 rounds of .45acp stockpiled. Can I put a factory 21 slide/barrel/recoil spring assembly/magazines on the 20 frame and expect it to function reliably or is there something unique about the 20 frame that I’m not aware of?
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 6:13:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: VASCAR2] [#1]
I just received a new Glock 20 Gen 5 MOS and the ejector is marked 65577.   The previous generation Glock 10 mm, 45 ACP and 45 GAP used the same ejector.   I copied this info out of an older Glock armorers manual.   I’d say if you have a Gen 5 Glock 20 with ejector 65577 you should be able to use a new Gen 5 Glock 21 slide.   If you have an earlier gen Glock 20 looks like the 10 mm and 45 ACP frames use the same ejector.

Ejector only - 10mm, .45 Auto, .45 GAP (marked 8196-2) replaces 4340-marked ejector - ref only / not for sale. Use 8203 Trigger Mechanism Housing

Glock 20.5 ejector 65577 in my MOS 20.5.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 6:20:41 PM EDT
[#2]
For as cheap as G21’s are just buy a complete gun.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 6:30:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 10mmillie:
View Quote

This. If you price out all the parts I am thinking you will be near the cost of a used Glock (you know they don't really wear out?) .

To my way of thinking Two Glocks are way more valuable than a Golck and a pile of parts
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 7:47:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By nhsport:

This. If you price out all the parts I am thinking you will be near the cost of a used Glock (you know they don't really wear out?) .

To my way of thinking Two Glocks are way more valuable than a Golck and a pile of parts
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

To me a Glock is nothing more than a bullet slinger. They’re shit. I don’t want the one I now have, let alone two. It would be more useful if it could sling .45acp.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 8:08:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Millennial] [#5]
No. You need a whole new slide assembly

The breech face is not wide enough for .45ACP … it’s sized for .40/10mm

I read too fast.  Yes, if everything’s the same generation. I’ve swapped slides and frames around.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 8:40:53 AM EDT
[Last Edit: New2AR15s] [#6]
Originally Posted By AardvarkRatnik:

To me a Glock is nothing more than a bullet slinger. They’re shit. I don’t want the one I now have, let alone two. It would be more useful if it could sling .45acp.
View All Quotes

PD trades are in the 350-450 range on Gunbroker. Most likely itll be harder to find a complete slide and mags for better than that price.

ETA: Talking G21 Gen4
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 9:37:52 AM EDT
[#7]
If your not eligible for blue label this is a very good price for a Ges 3 Glock 21 SF, $369.  Standard Glock 21 is $399 at Aim Surplus.   I’d rather have a whole gun as just swapping slides.

https://www.aimsurplus.com/products/leo-trade-in-gen-3-glock-21sf-short-frame-45-auto-handgun
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 12:40:46 PM EDT
[#8]

View Quote

Why spend money on what you view as shit?

Sell your G20, take that money and put it towards something you will enjoy shooting.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 3:24:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By naes:

Sell your G20, take that money and put it towards something you will enjoy shooting.
View All Quotes

To me a Glock is nothing more than a bullet slinger. They're shit. I don't want the one I now have, let alone two. It would be more useful if it could sling .45acp.

I agree with this.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 4:13:48 PM EDT
[#10]

View Quote

^^ This! It makes no sense whatsoever to sink more money into a handgun you hate.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top