Link Posted: 1/18/2024 10:56:31 AM EDT
[#1]
New Springfield TRP - Tactical Response Pistol EDC
Link Posted: 1/18/2024 10:57:55 AM EDT
[#2]
First Shots: Springfield Armory TRP 4.25" CC .45 ACP Pistol
Link Posted: 1/18/2024 11:21:00 AM EDT
[#3]
meh... got excited when I saw the email, but the MSRP of all of them is $2k. You can get into some higher end stuff for not a lot more. Not sure how these will sell
Link Posted: 1/18/2024 11:27:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By steviesterno16:
meh... got excited when I saw the email, but the MSRP of all of them is $2k. You can get into some higher end stuff for not a lot more. Not sure how these will sell
View Quote

I'm not seeing the added value either.

So they offer a Commander size, different colors, and slide top serrations.  

Yep, still not seeing it.
Link Posted: 1/18/2024 11:36:55 AM EDT
[#5]
I love my TRP, but damn the new prices are high.  Also, they should have released an optics cut model.
Link Posted: 1/18/2024 12:11:58 PM EDT
[#6]
View Quote

I'm not really looking for another 1911, but I was curious to see what they came out with-- and I also had sticker shock.

Maybe they've really improved them (better internals, etc.)? Or maybe it's a reflection of the cost of everything anymore (just look at the price of groceries)?
Link Posted: 1/18/2024 12:18:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By NN300BLK:

I'm not really looking for another 1911, but I was curious to see what they came out with-- and I also had sticker shock.

Maybe they've really improved them (better internals, etc.)? Or maybe it's a reflection of the cost of everything anymore (just look at the price of groceries)?
View Quote

If they were using tool steel fcgs I think they'd advertise that.

IMO, they gussied up the TRP with some color and now want a higher price.  

I doubt they'll retail at MSRP.  I assume they'll be right around $1400-1600 depending if its a railed model or not.
Link Posted: 1/18/2024 12:39:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Evintos] [#8]
10-8 Performance Lab, Episode 92: Springfield Armory TRP 1911 (New for 2024)

A lot of MIM considering the price.
Link Posted: 1/18/2024 12:56:51 PM EDT
[#9]
2k would’ve been solid if it was for a 10MM option. But not an option.
Link Posted: 1/18/2024 1:08:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By rob78:

If they were using tool steel fcgs I think they'd advertise that.

IMO, they gussied up the TRP with some color and now want a higher price.  

I doubt they'll retail at MSRP.  I assume they'll be right around $1400-1600 depending if its a railed model or not.
View Quote

Good point, that would have been listed either just above or below the Forged vs. Cast frame banner, haha.

It still seems like the pricing is too high compared to the rest of their 1911 lineup-- the finish and some of the features are clearly better on these new TRP's than on the Ronin or Garrison line, but those are also like half the price.
Link Posted: 1/18/2024 1:08:12 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Evintos:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PeT1vOeY06Q

A lot of MIM considering the price.
View Quote

I have a TRP and would love to replace all the MIM stuff with steel parts.  

I'd like to send it to a reputable shop to have the work done, but the major custom shops don't seem to do work on guns that aren't their own anymore.
Link Posted: 1/18/2024 8:43:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bad2006z71] [#12]
View Quote
Yep not interested at that price.
Hilton Yam did a review and I get the impression that even though it passed his tests he was not impressed with the price with they same ole mim/cast parts.
Link Posted: 3/17/2024 4:45:55 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By rob78:
View Quote

My home based ffl got me a TRP Classic for 1600. Doubt they'll be much cheaper than that.
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 8:52:41 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By bad2006z71:
Hilton Yam did a review and I get the impression that even though it passed his tests he was not impressed with the price with they same ole mim/cast parts.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By bad2006z71:

I mean Mosin nagants are $400 now too.

Looks like the new ones are starting at $1600 and the old ones dropped down to $1400.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top