Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/4/2022 7:13:42 PM EDT
Has anyone taken advantage and sent in your rebate form for the 3 free Canik mags? Has it been received/processed? I sent mine out 3 weeks ago. I've gone to their rebate site, but still no notation that it was even received. I'm wondering if anyone else has checked their status yet?
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 6:47:43 AM EDT
[#1]
I'll be sending mine in this week as soon as I remember to get stamps. I'll  update if I get info before yours processes.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 7:33:17 AM EDT
[#2]
>>I'm wondering if anyone else has checked their status yet?<<

Didn't know you could. I sent mine in just the other day, but I'm not holding my breath as to when or if they'll arrive.
Link Posted: 8/23/2022 8:58:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By RUT:
>>I'm wondering if anyone else has checked their status yet?<<

Didn't know you could. I sent mine in just the other day, but I'm not holding my breath as to when or if they'll arrive.
View Quote

I checked the status on Monday, and it finally shows as Received!
Link Posted: 8/23/2022 10:25:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RUT] [#4]
I just checked on my status and it said "claim not found". I mailed it in on 8/12.

Update: Just checked this morning and it's now being shown as being "received."
Link Posted: 8/27/2022 7:53:25 PM EDT
[#5]
I mailed them the rebate about three weeks ago and received the three mags today.
Link Posted: 8/27/2022 8:26:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Sputnik556] [#6]
I can’t be the only one that clicked on this thread because McChicken.
Link Posted: 8/27/2022 8:34:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Sputnik556:
View Quote

Guilty.
@sasquatch76
Link Posted: 8/28/2022 8:39:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By naes:
I mailed them the rebate about three weeks ago and received the three mags today.
View Quote

Lucky!!!
I'm hoping the MAG Fairy comes by soon!
Link Posted: 8/28/2022 8:40:22 PM EDT
[#9]
View Quote

I couldn't resist.
Link Posted: 8/28/2022 8:50:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By HappyLife_NoWife:

Guilty.
@sasquatch76
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By HappyLife_NoWife:

Guilty.
@sasquatch76

Came for the McDonalds.
Link Posted: 9/3/2022 12:34:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: naes] [#11]
FYI, you can track the rebate status here.

https://www.rapid-rebates.com/tracking/Content/NewSearch.aspx
Link Posted: 9/3/2022 7:04:34 PM EDT
[#12]
Just received them!

Baseplates are black.
My Mete is Coyote. Still happy to have received them!

They came USPS, no tracking.
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 8:29:19 PM EDT
[#13]

Mine showed up today
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 8:36:42 PM EDT
[#14]
I got mine today.  I purchased the METE SF which is a 15 round gun.  I got 18 round mags.  I have other guns that use the 18s so that isn't a problem.

Maybe I am just imagining it, but I don't think these mags are Mec-Gar.  The finish isn't quite the same, they don't have the Mec-Gar symbol anywhere, and the font used for the witness hole markings looks slightly different.  Also, the alignment isn't as precise as all of my older Canik mags (even the ones that came with the METE SF).  The witness holes also look a little rough.  Could these be Pro Mags or some other manufacturer or is Mec-Gar just rushing production to catch up?

Thoughts?
Link Posted: 9/10/2022 7:43:09 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Landric:
I got mine today.  I purchased the METE SF which is a 15 round gun.  I got 18 round mags.  I have other guns that use the 18s so that isn't a problem.

Maybe I am just imagining it, but I don't think these mags are Mec-Gar.  The finish isn't quite the same, they don't have the Mec-Gar symbol anywhere, and the font used for the witness hole markings looks slightly different.  Also, the alignment isn't as precise as all of my older Canik mags (even the ones that came with the METE SF).  The witness holes also look a little rough.  Could these be Pro Mags or some other manufacturer or is Mec-Gar just rushing production to catch up?

Thoughts?
View Quote
@Landric  post a pic of them please.
Link Posted: 9/10/2022 9:24:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Landric] [#16]
New mag is in the middle, left is a 15 round one that came with my METE SF (about 2 months ago, 2022 serial #), right is an older 20 round mag that came with a SFX.

I know the finish looks the same, but it doesn't feel the same.  Both Mec-Gar marked mags feel the same, the new one feels rougher.  Also, notice the number markings on the new one (middle) are not spaced completely evenly and are closer to the witness holes.  The font is also very slightly different (or at least looks to me like it is).  Last picture is both full size mags, new one on the left, older 20 round one on the right.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 9/10/2022 9:45:36 AM EDT
[Last Edit: OverScoped] [#17]
Well just for comparison on the left is a ProMag and on the right is a factory mag.
I bought the promags about a year ago because I couldn't find a Factory mag anywhere. Tp9sfx.

By the way the promags have performed similar to the factory Mags.. you know they don't have the best reputation but I haven't found any flaws with mine other than the Finish

Link Posted: 9/16/2022 10:32:41 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By OverScoped:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/252915/20220910_094147-2520800.jpghttps://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/252915/20220910_094207-2520799.jpghttps://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/252915/20220910_094053-2520798.jpgWell just for comparison on the left is a ProMag and on the right is a factory mag.
I bought the promags about a year ago because I couldn't find a Factory mag anywhere. Tp9sfx.

By the way the promags have performed similar to the factory Mags.. you know they don't have the best reputation but I haven't found any flaws with mine other than the Finish

View Quote

I bought an extra Megar mag, and seems to be close enough to the ones I received from the rebate. It's close enough that I can't tell the difference between the 4 black mags I have.
Link Posted: 9/17/2022 8:52:15 AM EDT
[#19]
>>By the way the promags have performed similar to the factory Mags..<<

I bought two just to try them and neither one will lock back after the final round. Oh well.....
Link Posted: 9/17/2022 9:07:42 PM EDT
[#20]
>>By the way the promags have performed similar to the factory Mags..<<

I bought two just to try them and neither one will lock back after the final round. Oh well.....
View Quote
weird.   mine have no problems like that.  even with my shitty powder puff reloads that wont even cycle my glock consistently, but cycle my Canik no problems.  

I must have gotten lucky.
Link Posted: 9/17/2022 9:09:44 PM EDT
[#21]
Also.  I modified a Ruger P95 mag and it works as well.  All I did was cut a new mag catch hole.
Link Posted: 9/18/2022 8:04:00 PM EDT
[#22]
Ok, regarding the 3-for-free mags:
They do have a different stamping.
And they also fit more...snugly...snugly enough that they won't drop out of the pistol when they're empty. I had to push them out.
I did notice a couple wear spots right before the mag tapers down at the top.
I did about 20 insertions/releases on one mag, and I think it wore it down enough that it now drops while empty.
Link Posted: 9/18/2022 8:06:14 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Landric:
New mag is in the middle, left is a 15 round one that came with my METE SF (about 2 months ago, 2022 serial #), right is an older 20 round mag that came with a SFX.

I know the finish looks the same, but it doesn't feel the same.  Both Mec-Gar marked mags feel the same, the new one feels rougher.  Also, notice the number markings on the new one (middle) are not spaced completely evenly and are closer to the witness holes.  The font is also very slightly different (or at least looks to me like it is).  Last picture is both full size mags, new one on the left, older 20 round one on the right.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/14564/2B135F65-3E52-4B83-8907-151517777E83_jpe-2520774.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/14564/6288DF73-283E-4D52-B875-6E8CE302557D_jpe-2520776.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/14564/B1172CF9-CBBC-49D3-B59D-10F0CE723A27_jpe-2520779.JPG
View Quote

After actually using them today at the range...you sir, are correct. They are different.
Link Posted: 9/18/2022 9:40:57 PM EDT
[#24]
Oh please, tell me they're not Promags!
Link Posted: 9/19/2022 10:22:58 PM EDT
[#25]
Oh please, tell me they're not Promags!
View Quote

They are Canik branded...
Either way, they're still free and they at least are fine for most drills at the range.
Link Posted: 9/20/2022 11:17:41 PM EDT
[#26]
This thread reminds me of a 3 for free story.

For me, it's the McChicken. The best fast food sandwich. I even ask for extra McChicken sauce packets and the staff is so friendly and more than willing to oblige.
One time I asked for McChicken sauce packets and they gave me three. I said, "Wow, three for free!" and the nice friendly McDonald's worker laughed and said, "I'm going to call you 3-for-free!".

Now the staff greets me with "hey it's 3-for-free!" and ALWAYS give me three packets. It's such a fun and cool atmosphere at my local McDonald's restaurant, I go there at least 3 times a week for lunch and a large iced coffee with milk instead of cream, 1-2 times for breakfast on the weekend, and maybe once for dinner when I'm in a rush but want a great meal that is affordable, fast, and can match my daily nutritional needs.

I even dip my fries in McChicken sauce, it's delicious! What a great restaurant
Link Posted: 9/20/2022 11:33:25 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By OverScoped:
This thread reminds me of a 3 for free story.

For me, it's the McChicken. The best fast food sandwich. I even ask for extra McChicken sauce packets and the staff is so friendly and more than willing to oblige.
One time I asked for McChicken sauce packets and they gave me three. I said, "Wow, three for free!" and the nice friendly McDonald's worker laughed and said, "I'm going to call you 3-for-free!".

Now the staff greets me with "hey it's 3-for-free!" and ALWAYS give me three packets. It's such a fun and cool atmosphere at my local McDonald's restaurant, I go there at least 3 times a week for lunch and a large iced coffee with milk instead of cream, 1-2 times for breakfast on the weekend, and maybe once for dinner when I'm in a rush but want a great meal that is affordable, fast, and can match my daily nutritional needs.

I even dip my fries in McChicken sauce, it's delicious! What a great restaurant
View Quote

Because of my last name, I was called McChicken in school. It was embarrassing when I got McChicken sauce on my pants.
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 2:25:52 PM EDT
[#28]
Got my mags in today and they look great. About 5 weeks from the date I filed the claim.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top