Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/25/2024 5:52:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: IT_Cowboy]
This morning I made a partial impulse purchase of a 365 macro with manual safety because I have never owned a SIG.  Is it OK to carry this with the safety off?  I understand a different grip module is available to eliminate the manual safety if I want

Edit: I guess what I am asking is to confirm that the 365 is striker-fired with a firing pin block that is moved out of the way by pressing the trigger and that SIG made this modular for a reason.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 6:05:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bballman25] [#1]
Originally Posted By IT_Cowboy:
This morning I made a partial impulse purchase of a 365 macro with manual safety because I have never owned a SIG.  Is it OK to carry this with the safety off?  I understand a different grip module is available to eliminate the manual safety if I want
View Quote

Personal preference, IMO. You’ll hear many say NEVER carry with a safety on. Personally, I prefer a safety when carrying with a round in the chamber. I’m also more comfortable leaving a round in the chamber when I take the gun off when I get home at night with a safety. I don’t think it’s a big deal to flick the safety off when unholstering the gun, as long as you drill that into muscle memory. Yes, you can purchase a grip module without the safety cutout either from Sig or from an aftermarket vendor. I’m not sure what you have to do to remove the safety from the fire control group though, I’ve never looked into it. That’s a question to be answered by someone who knows for sure.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 6:14:19 PM EDT
[#2]
I am mainly just concerned if it is drop-safe with the safety off and that the striker fire mechanism is OK to carry with the safety off. I am guessing it is because I am finding a lot of videos on eliminating the safety and how easy it is to remove. The only thing a new frame without safety does is remove the safety cutout. The safety is so small on this anyway and doesn't stick way out like a 1911 I will probably just leave it disengaged so it is like my Glock after I break it in and practice with it and if I decide to carry it. I also found that Wilson combat makes a grip module for it to eliminate the safety.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 6:59:15 PM EDT
[#3]

Edit: I guess what I am asking is to confirm that the 365 is striker-fired with a firing pin block that is moved out of the way by pressing the trigger and that SIG made this modular for a reason.
View Quote

Yes, it has a firing pin block that can only be disabled by pulling the trigger. It's drop safe. It's just like your Glock.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 8:33:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: tortilla-flats] [#4]
OP, you've never carried a 1911-pattern pistol?

ETA: What was the impulse? Buying the Sig or buying one with a manual safety?
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 9:26:36 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By tortilla-flats:
OP, you've never carried a 1911-pattern pistol?

ETA: What was the impulse? Buying the Sig or buying one with a manual safety?
View Quote

Yes, I have carried a 1911 many years ago, but my G19 is my EDC and I would probably forget to turn off a safety now without a lot of re-training myself.

The impulse buy was the SIG and the manual safety is what they had in stock and I have never owned a SIG. I was pretty sure there was a firing pin block but I sorta had an oh shit moment when looking into not using or eliminating the manual safety. I am going to the range this afternoon to try it out and break it in.

Link Posted: 4/26/2024 9:42:21 AM EDT
[#6]

View Quote

Sure, carry it however you like. The manual safety can be removed or installed in any 365 as long as the grip is changed out or cut to fit. The fire control unit is the same for either configuration. The manual safety, when properly used, physically blocks the sear and prevents the user from failing to control their trigger finger.

All 365s have a mechanical striker safety lock blocking the striker, with or without the manual safety.

Link Posted: 4/26/2024 1:53:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By bballman25:
Personal preference, IMO. You’ll hear many say NEVER carry with a safety on. Personally, I prefer a safety when carrying with a round in the chamber. I’m also more comfortable leaving a round in the chamber when I take the gun off when I get home at night with a safety. I don’t think it’s a big deal to flick the safety off when unholstering the gun, as long as you drill that into muscle memory.
View Quote

Everyone should carry how they feel safe, but I would never carry a defensive handgun with a safety.

I do a lot of waterfowl and upland hunting and I've forgotten to disengage the safety a few times when things were hectic. It's just a missed bird at the end of the day and I always hunt with others, so everyone uses a safety. But there's no way I want to remember to do that when I actually need a handgun for self defense.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 7:44:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: grondike] [#8]
You can remove the safety and continue to use your current grip module, but you'll just see a very small opening beneath the edge of the slide. I would replace it to prevent any debris from entering, but you should be able to take it to the range and shoot as-is.

How to remove/install the safety.

How to remove and install the SIG Sauer P365 manual safety assembly.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 1:41:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Mainly carry these now for off duty.  Safe to me.  

Switched from these.

Link Posted: 4/27/2024 6:38:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Perfectly safe. No safety needed. None of my 365s have a safety. The only 320s that have safeties for me are my M17 and M18 versions just because the 1811 module looks weird without the safety.

Attachment Attached File
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top