Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/9/2023 3:55:41 PM EDT
...to get on target at 25 yards.  The first time I shot it I hadn't adjusted the sights and they were way to the left.  I shot at  a target and hit the one next to it before I realized. So I have been moving the rear sight to the right and when I finally got it on target, it was a fair bit past center to the right.  Maybe it was just ammo but I was shooting off a rest with some different loads.  

The front sight looks okay and I don't think the barrel is canted or anything.
Link Posted: 6/9/2023 4:42:35 PM EDT
[#1]
How sure are you that it's not a trigger-control issue?
Link Posted: 6/10/2023 11:13:27 AM EDT
[#2]
@bigern314
Shoot off a rest with a sand bag and really watch the sights, use the pistol is 'single action' mode so the trigger is lighter. I'm right handed, even on auto pistols I tend to pull the sights to the left, so check your technique thoroughly.
Link Posted: 6/10/2023 3:41:39 PM EDT
[#3]
I was shooting off a pistol rest so I don't think it was the trigger but I'm going to do some more testing tomorrow and make sure it wasn't me.
Link Posted: 6/11/2023 7:50:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Any chance the barrel is canted? I recall seeing some poor QC issues with the GPs a few years ago, canted barrels, off center bores and some screwy things like that.
Link Posted: 6/14/2023 2:58:02 PM EDT
[#5]
I have the same thing with my gp100, I put a bore sight laser last night and from across the livingroom the laser was about 4 inches to the left of where the sight were. Also I thought I just really couldn't shoot it but my son couldn't hit the target either
Link Posted: 6/23/2023 4:24:53 PM EDT
[#6]
I haven't been able to shoot it much but I'm going to try this weekend when chrono some loads.  It seems to shoot farther to the left with 357 loads compard to 38 as well.
Link Posted: 6/26/2023 12:48:08 AM EDT
[#7]
Have someone else shoot it as well if you can.  If you're both shooting off, there's a problem with the gun and then you can go from there.
Link Posted: 10/13/2023 10:57:15 AM EDT
[#8]
Thread resurrection as I haven't been able to shoot this much but shooting off a rest in single action mode it has to be moved way over for everyone.  

This is my first revolver with adjustable sites and not sure if this is something that just happens or if they didn't get the barrel aligned properly.
Link Posted: 10/13/2023 6:19:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1168RGR] [#9]
My GP100 also required a lot of windage adjustment.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top