Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/28/2023 2:44:35 PM EDT
Seeing listings on GB start to pop up. Anyone in the industry know when these might start arriving in the hands of an LGS or the bigger online stores?
Link Posted: 4/28/2023 3:13:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Gunprime has them $799…
Link Posted: 4/28/2023 3:41:27 PM EDT
[#2]
For the life of me I have no idea why Beretta didn't make this stock with a threaded barrel and come out with a .22lr version first.  People would trip over their own dicks pulling their wallets out to buy a modern model 87 Cheetah.
Link Posted: 4/28/2023 5:28:35 PM EDT
[#3]
For those looking to get a Launch Edition, look for them to get released in the next few weeks. As per an e-mail I got from Beretta a couple days ago, they are waiting on the leather cases for them. Sounds like they may be coming in Negrini leather cases.
Link Posted: 4/30/2023 6:33:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Smurgeon:
For the life of me I have no idea why Beretta didn't make this stock with a threaded barrel and come out with a .22lr version first.  People would trip over their own dicks pulling their wallets out to buy a modern model 87 Cheetah.
View Quote
Wouldn't it be nice if that's why they went with the "80x" nomenclature, so they wouldn't have to deal with different model names for different calibers?

A man can dream, at least.
Link Posted: 4/30/2023 6:35:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By jrs93accord:
For those looking to get a Launch Edition, look for them to get released in the next few weeks. As per an e-mail I got from Beretta a couple days ago, they are waiting on the leather cases for them. Sounds like they may be coming in Negrini leather cases.
View Quote
Awesome.

I couldn't care less about a leather case, but the FDE anodizing and what looks like a stainless barrel are worth the upcharge to me.

Trying to get ahold of one as a gift for my dad,  who seems set on .380 but doesn't have a good higher cap HD gun (much less a .380 with WML, not to mention RDS capability).
Link Posted: 4/30/2023 6:44:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Store in Charlotte has one or two in stock
Link Posted: 5/1/2023 6:47:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By NCPatrolAR:
Store in Charlotte has one or two in stock
View Quote

Blackstone? Hyatt? Don’t leave me hanging!
Link Posted: 5/1/2023 9:21:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By PinelandAL:

Blackstone? Hyatt? Don’t leave me hanging!
View Quote

Carolina Sporting Arms
Link Posted: 5/1/2023 10:49:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By NCPatrolAR:

Carolina Sporting Arms
View Quote

If they do, they are not listed on their website. They have no 80X Cheetahs listed. As a matter of fact, they do not even show a caliber listed in .380 for the Berettas. Of course, that is not to say that they may not have a couple and they are just not listed.
Link Posted: 5/2/2023 6:22:41 AM EDT
[#10]

If they do, they are not listed on their website. They have no 80X Cheetahs listed. As a matter of fact, they do not even show a caliber listed in .380 for the Berettas. Of course, that is not to say that they may not have a couple and they are just not listed.
View Quote

They had a Facebook reel showing them in the store
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 4:29:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Anybody gotten their hands on one, yet?
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 5:03:25 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Smurgeon:
View Quote

Sign me up. Unfortunately I think we've been brainwashed to think that .22s must be cheap pot metal.
Link Posted: 5/16/2023 7:09:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: -OdieGreen-] [#13]
I got to finger one today. Didn’t buy it since I have to take a business trip but I was damn close.

The 80X and the 365 are the only two compact guns I’ve ever picked up and it actually felt good in the hand. I was blown away by it actually. I hate the Vertec 92 grip but at this size it works.

The double action pull is lighter than my 92X, but the single action is heavier. It’s no D spring Beretta but certainly miles ahead of any Glock. I’d say it’s better than a CZ SP01 even.

I thought they could be carried cocked and locked for some reason. They can’t. It decocks before the safety engages. ETA: TFB’s newest video shows you can carry it cocked and locked. Maybe I pushed the lever up too far? I could have swore it decocked before the safety engaged.

Size is smaller than a G19, but not by a whole lot. It feels a lot smaller in hand though. Circle back to being the best compact grip I’ve ever held.

The machining and fit on it was flawless. I will say whatever finish they use on the slide was unappealing. Kind of glossy and cheap looking but that’s being really picky.

I’ll be getting one with no doubt in my mind.
Link Posted: 6/7/2023 10:45:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DakotaFAL] [#14]
I picked one up a week ago but have not been able to shoot it yet, maybe tomorrow.

The most impressive thing was the DA trigger.  It was super smooth with no stacking and a pull weight around 6 pounds. With the hammer decocked using the decocking lever the trigger reach is also quite short.

Some folks have commented on the three position safety and indicated it can be carried cocked and locked in the intermediate position.  After trying a few pistols, I found the hammer would stay cocked with two of them with the safety in the intermediate and the trigger pulled, but not with the third.  On that pistol it would click to the safe position and decock the hammer when the trigger was pulled.  A little follow up with Beretta confirmed the intermediate position is intended to bring a couple parts into contact before decocking, and is not intended to be for Condition 1 carry.

It’s big by .380 standards but feels really good in the hand and points extremely well for me.

Along side a 4” officer frame 1911:

Along side an earlier sibling, also double stack.  I’m not a big fan of a rail on a compact pistol, and it’s optics ready but again I’m not an optics fan on a small pistol.  But one the other hand the dove tail front sight and optics ready rear sight mean it will be easy to install night sights when they become available:

It’s still a Cheetah and a blow back design, although Beretta says it has optimized the slide weight and recoil spring to minimize recoil.  Between the weight and the wide, well shaped double stack group it should be comfortable to shoot.

Unlike the older blued Beretta .380 and .32 ACP pistols this one has the same paint they use on the recent and current 92 pistols.  It’s serviceable but won’t make you go oooh and aaaah.

Holsters are thin on the ground, but it works well in this holster designed for a 4” 1911, with the tension screw removed to make room for the longer trigger guard.  I was supposed to get a call from the same maker about an 80X holster but he didn’t call.

Link Posted: 6/8/2023 6:42:54 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By DakotaFAL:
I picked one up a week ago but have not been able to shoot it yet, maybe tomorrow.

https://hosting.photobucket.com/images/h470/SDBB57/FullSizeRender_hJoDcH3v3yUG9hK9NevPU9.jpg?width=590&height=590&fit=bounds
https://hosting.photobucket.com/images/h470/SDBB57/FullSizeRender_dAVBPUw5oHup6ZEdC29saq.jpg?width=590&height=590&fit=bounds

The most impressive thing was the DA trigger.  It was super smooth with no stacking and a pull weight around 6 pounds. With the hammer decocked using the decocking lever the trigger reach is also quite short.

Some folks have commented on the three position safety and indicated it can be carried cocked and locked in the intermediate position.  After trying a few pistols, I found the hammer would stay cocked with two of them with the safety in the intermediate and the trigger pulled, but not with the third.  On that pistol it would click to the safe position and decock the hammer when the trigger was pulled.  A little follow up with Beretta confirmed the intermediate position is intended to bring a couple parts into contact before decocking, and is not intended to be for Condition 1 carry.

It's big by .380 standards but feels really good in the hand and points extremely well for me.

Along side a 4" officer frame 1911:

https://hosting.photobucket.com/images/h470/SDBB57/IMG_4354.JPG?width=590&height=590&fit=bounds

Along side an earlier sibling, also double stack.  I'm not a big fan of a rail on a compact pistol, and it's optics ready but again I'm not an optics fan on a small pistol.  But one the other hand the dove tail front sight and optics ready rear sight mean it will be easy to install night sights when they become available:

https://hosting.photobucket.com/images/h470/SDBB57/IMG_4349.JPG?width=590&height=590&fit=bounds

It's still a Cheetah and a blow back design, although Beretta says it has optimized the slide weight and recoil spring to minimize recoil.  Between the weight and the wide, well shaped double stack group it should be comfortable to shoot.

https://hosting.photobucket.com/images/h470/SDBB57/FullSizeRender_of6ToUkumzWgMPCcpB4D4o.jpg?width=590&height=590&fit=bounds

Unlike the older blued Beretta .380 and .32 ACP pistols this one has the same paint they use on the recent and current 92 pistols.  It's serviceable but won't make you go oooh and aaaah.

Holsters are thin on the ground, but it works well in this holster designed for a 4" 1911, with the tension screw removed to make room for the longer trigger guard.  I was supposed to get a call from the same maker about an 80X holster but he didn't call.

https://hosting.photobucket.com/images/h470/SDBB57/IMG_4350.JPG?width=590&height=590&fit=bounds

View Quote
Thank you for the detailed review and pictures to match, that looks nice!

Where'd you get it from?  They don't seem to be out in large numbers yet, and I'm hoping to order one for my dad without paying too much of a scalper's premium.
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 7:11:39 AM EDT
[#16]
I am still waiting on my Launch Edition. I ordered mine from EuroOptic and they are supposedly only getting a few at a time (every 4-8 weeks). I have been waiting since Feb 1.
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 8:59:47 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Seven-Shooter:
Thank you for the detailed review and pictures to match, that looks nice!

Where'd you get it from?  They don't seem to be out in large numbers yet, and I'm hoping to order one for my dad without paying too much of a scalper's premium.
View Quote

Carolina Caliber in Winterville NC.  They had 4 of them as I recall.
Link Posted: 6/26/2023 5:37:59 PM EDT
[#18]
After nearly a 5 month wait, I finally received a tracking number from EuroOptic for my 80X Cheetah Launch Edition. If all goes well, I will be picking it up from the FFL tomorrow night.
Link Posted: 6/26/2023 9:52:44 PM EDT
[#19]
After nearly a 5 month wait, I finally received a tracking number from EuroOptic for my 80X Cheetah Launch Edition. If all goes well, I will be picking it up from the FFL tomorrow night.
View Quote

Damn.

I gave up on trying to get one and got another 92.
Link Posted: 7/17/2023 4:06:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Fishnfool1991] [#20]
Is the launch edition worth the extra money? I’ve found a gun store that has one in stock for $1k.
Link Posted: 7/17/2023 4:53:47 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Fishnfool1991:
Is the launch edition worth the extra money? I’ve found a gun store that has one in stock for $1k.
View Quote

I think it is. These Launch Editions are limited production pistols. $999 is suggested retail. If you can afford it, I would say to make the jump and get it. After a 5 month wait for me, it was worth it. It is definitely one of the nicest Beretta pistols ever made and the leather presentation case is work of art.

Link Posted: 7/18/2023 5:27:51 PM EDT
[#22]
I ended up buying it, I will pick it up Saturday morning. I had every intention on just getting the 80x but they had the launch at MSRP so why not?
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 5:38:32 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Fishnfool1991:
I ended up buying it, I will pick it up Saturday morning. I had every intention on just getting the 80x but they had the launch at MSRP so why not?
View Quote

Outstanding!
Link Posted: 7/19/2023 12:03:53 PM EDT
[#24]
In for some pics of the Launch editions.
Link Posted: 7/19/2023 2:26:49 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By laxman09:
In for some pics of the Launch editions.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/19/2023 3:58:15 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 7/27/2023 8:03:55 AM EDT
[#27]
I like Beretta’s .380s, and I’m on the fence with this one since doesn’t take the original Hi-Cap Beretta .380 magazines… Living in Washington State, and I’m stuck with the Hi-Caps I currently have.

IMHO, too big for a 10 +1 shot pistol, for where I live, but still a nice pistol.
Link Posted: 7/27/2023 2:28:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jrs93accord] [#28]
Originally Posted By bergunx:
I like Beretta’s .380s, and I’m on the fence with this one since doesn’t take the original Hi-Cap Beretta .380 magazines… Living in Washington State, and I’m stuck with the Hi-Caps I currently have.

IMHO, too big for a 10 +1 shot pistol, for where I live, but still a nice pistol.
View Quote

Here it is with my other two Beretta .380s (1965 M1934 Cougar and 1987 84BB). The 80X is about the same size as the 84BB.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/12/2023 10:12:37 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By bergunx:

View Quote

@bergunx multiple YT reviewers have said that they have no issues with older mags. HonestOutlaw was one. He said the new mags are better optimized for HP ammo but had no issues using the older ones. I wouldn't let it hold me back if I were you.
Link Posted: 8/16/2023 8:48:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Tirador223] [#30]
I like Beretta .380s a lot, but I’m amazed at the company being able to redesign and reissue it as an appeal to a new market.  Seems a pretty sharp move after some plastic missteps on the part of Beretta.  

Link Posted: 8/29/2023 12:04:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Vote4Cthulhu] [#31]
I finally decided to order one. It's been a few months for the beta testers to do their thing and I've seen very few negative reports. That plus ArmsUnlimited having the standard edition for $600 shipped got me.

I'm attracted to this gun, but in a form over function kind of way; ie, I'm not sure if it has a purpose in my carry rotation. I'll get it in hand and decide then if it's a strong enough match to keep it in the safe. As much as I love the aesthetic of the gun, it would be foolish to drop down to a smaller caliber when I can carry similar (or even smaller sized) 9mm guns just fine.
Link Posted: 8/29/2023 6:15:23 PM EDT
[#32]
I’m going to have to give this a bump in the hope owners of this new pistol will return to it and report what they have found.  

Link Posted: 8/31/2023 4:46:53 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By Tirador223:
I’m going to have to give this a bump in the hope owners of this new pistol will return to it and report what they have found.  

View Quote

I've had my 80X for a couple weeks now.  Only a couple hundred rounds down the pipe thus far (mixed between ball & Hornady FTX), but absolutely zero issues so far, really don't anticipate any either.  The gun is more accurate than I am, and both the single and double action trigger pulls are amazing.  For everyone that says this gun is too big a platform for the caliber, you are correct.  However, as a long time fan/owner of the 92/M9 series this was a must have for me.  It is roughly the size of a 4 inch (Commander) size 1911.  Not every gun in my collection has to fill a particular niche, and I really don't feel naked with 13 rounds of hot 380 ammo either.  It's a quality firearm, and I'm even considering mounting a RMR on it (already purchased the Beretta plate), but not sure if a red dot would ruin the "vibe" of this pistol....however, as an old fart they are becoming a necessity for me nowadays.  Now if just more folks would produce holsters for it!  .....hope this helps @Tirador223
Link Posted: 9/5/2023 12:49:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Vote4Cthulhu] [#34]
I picked up my standard edition from my FFL. I'll take it to the range tomorrow.

My initial impressions: as someone with medium-small hands this thing is a perfect fit. All the raving about the trigger is justified. I can't think of a better DA/SA factory trigger that I've felt. It's far, far better than a stock 92 series. Fit, finish, and machining are 🤌.

ArmsUnlimited had wicked fast shipping, and the gun was out the door the same day I paid for it. Price was $600 shipped, far lower than I've seen anywhere else online for these guns. I scooped up a couple of extra mags and an AIWB holster during Beretta's labor day sale that should be here later this week.

Range report will follow in a few days.
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 7:56:54 AM EDT
[#35]
I looked at one today as a potential candidate for my Daughter. I did notice how good the DA trigger was, but my big concern is her ability to operate the slide. That felt pretty stout when I pulled it back.
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 2:48:52 PM EDT
[#36]
I’ve got an 80x on the way. Plan to put in a threaded Allegheny .32 barrel and use my 81BB mags for a nice modern .32 suppressor host.
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 4:44:31 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By Outrider:
I’ve got an 80x on the way. Plan to put in a threaded Allegheny .32 barrel and use my 81BB mags for a nice modern .32 suppressor host.
View Quote

Seriously, are you my doppelgänger? I’m in the exact same situation and have the same plans. What part of bama are you in?
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 8:29:31 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By evnash:

Seriously, are you my doppelgänger? I’m in the exact same situation and have the same plans. What part of bama are you in?
View Quote

Bham
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 6:21:26 AM EDT
[#39]
I finally saw a 80X in a store yesterday and had a chance to handle it.  Really nice overall with a great out of the box trigger
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 4:55:09 PM EDT
[#40]

Bham
View Quote

I’m up near HSV.

Got my cheetah and I’ve had a couple dead triggers. I’m reading the transfer bar might be dragging so I’m gonna check that
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 5:00:57 PM EDT
[#41]
Picked mine up today. Feels great in my small hands and the trigger is very good. Swapped in my Allegheny .32 barrel and 81 mags. Eager to try it out.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 3:09:49 PM EDT
[#42]
Picked mine up today. Feels great in my small hands and the trigger is very good. Swapped in my Allegheny .32 barrel and 81 mags. Eager to try it out.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/198749/IMG_1989_png-3175763.JPG
View Quote

Hell yes. Can't wait to hear how it runs for you. I have the same barrel in my 81 and will definitely have to pick up an 80x if it runs well.
Link Posted: 4/7/2024 12:36:20 PM EDT
[#43]

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/198749/IMG_1989_png-3175763.JPG
View Quote

Is that a Hush Puppy setup?
Link Posted: 4/7/2024 3:54:45 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By 1MAC:

Is that a Hush Puppy setup?
View Quote

Good eye!

I ran about 100 rounds through the 80x today with the .32 barrel and 81BB mags. No issues at all. I may do a dedicated thread on it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top