Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/12/2023 9:47:37 PM EDT
Do you think Beretta will bring these back?
Link Posted: 11/12/2023 10:31:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Doubtful.   It was never a big seller and frankly isn’t all that compact.  The 92 is a solid design but probably past it’s sell by date.
Link Posted: 11/13/2023 12:09:33 PM EDT
[#2]
The single stack lightweight Beretta 92 Compact M isn’t likely to be seen again.  A Kimber Micro 9 offers essentially the same capacity in a much smaller and lighter package.

The double stack Beretta 92 Compact L however will I suspect be produced periodically in limited runs. It offers double stack capacity in a slightly smaller size.  It lacks the slim grip of the M but most modern shooters prefer large magazine capacity.

Langdon Tactical still sells the 92 Elite LTT Compact made in partnership with Beretta.  

I like my Beretta 92 Compact L, although to improve the fit I added ultra thin grips and a short reach trigger kit.  I also installed a short reset trigger bar and a new hammer and spring kit to reduce the DA trigger pull, along with a low profile decocking lever rather than installing a “G” kit.
Link Posted: 11/13/2023 12:13:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Ameshawki:
Doubtful.   It was never a big seller and frankly isn’t all that compact.  The 92 is a solid design but probably past it’s sell by date.
View Quote

The 1911 has been passed its sell by date since WWII.  Yet it’s still in production by a number of companies.

Similarly the Beretta 92 will persist due to its popularity and familiarity.

Personally I preferred the 1911A1 to the M9 (and the M16A1 to the M16A2) as the M9 as issued was never a great fit for me.  But there’s a generation of service persons out there with an attachment to it or at least familiarity with it.
Link Posted: 11/13/2023 12:39:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By DakotaFAL:

The 1911 has been passed its sell by date since WWII.  Yet it’s still in production by a number of companies.

Similarly the Beretta 92 will persist due to its popularity and familiarity.

Personally I preferred the 1911A1 to the M9 (and the M16A1 to the M16A2) as the M9 as issued was never a great fit for me.  But there’s a generation of service persons out there with an attachment to it or at least familiarity with it.
View Quote

Had my 92 since 1989 and am perfectly happy with it.  But there's no denying it's market share has been on a downward trajectory of some time.
Link Posted: 11/13/2023 3:24:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Are you talking about the non-X Compact? Because the 92X Compact is in active production and available at any number of retailers online as we speak. Example... https://www.eurooptic.com/Beretta-92X-RDO-FR-Compact-9mm-425-Bbl-SA-DA-Pistol-w-2-15rd-Mags-J92CR92170.aspx
Link Posted: 11/13/2023 3:42:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Not the X.
Link Posted: 11/13/2023 7:59:03 PM EDT
[#7]
My Compact is one of my top shooters,and i have a few.
It was my first 92 series pistol.Got a 92FS soon after.
Keeping both too.
Link Posted: 11/14/2023 9:07:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DakotaFAL] [#8]
Originally Posted By Ameshawki:

Had my 92 since 1989 and am perfectly happy with it.  But there's no denying it's market share has been on a downward trajectory of some time.
View Quote

DA/SA metal frame pistols in general have been on a downward trajectory in the US, with the exception of the 1911 (and it’s had it’s low points over the years, Colt didn’t sell all that many comparatively speaking between 1945 and 1970 and it’s waxed and waned since).

Striker fired polymer pistols are the current favorites with new shooters in the US.  

But the US isn’t the entire market for semi auto pistols.
Link Posted: 12/4/2023 5:26:49 PM EDT
[#9]
I really dig my Compact.  There is some real magic in these guns.  Probably just the size/weight....lol.  They shoot damn well.

Link Posted: 12/11/2023 9:38:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Cooper1] [#10]
I was fortunate enough to pick up a nice one from a fellow member.

Do you carry decocked with the safety off?  I could do the conversion,  but it's not a big deal for me to flick off the safety.
Link Posted: 12/24/2023 6:06:55 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Cooper1:
I was fortunate enough to pick up a nice one from a fellow member.

Do you carry decocked with the safety off?  I could do the conversion,  but it's not a big deal for me to flick off the safety.
View Quote

I carry that way as well.I like the double action trigger for the first round.
Safety off at all times.
Link Posted: 12/25/2023 9:42:08 AM EDT
[#12]
My FS92 compac is the same size as my Sig P229. But, I still like it !
Link Posted: 12/25/2023 12:44:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Really doubt they will.
Link Posted: 12/25/2023 6:30:54 PM EDT
[#14]
If Beretta brings back the 92 Compact M, I'd buy one in a heartbeat.

I have the 96 Compact L.    Nice gun, but she's a chunky girl.
Link Posted: 12/28/2023 1:15:59 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By USMC_JA:
I really dig my Compact.  There is some real magic in these guns.  Probably just the size/weight....lol.  They shoot damn well.

https://i.imgur.com/XuHMVw5.jpg
View Quote

Sweet carry piece. Really digging the NP3 with stainless combo and lok grips. I have the same ones in full size on my M9A1.

I would like to see Beretta come out with the standard compact frame like this M9A1 compact (with or without rail). I just prefer the standard grip and the checkering. And then a vertec slide for the dovetailed sights. That would be the dream Beretta carry gun for me.

I could always do a franken gun but it would be nice if it came in this configuration from factory.

In the meantime I settled on a 92x compact w/rail as my daily carry for the past couple years. Nothing wrong with this vertec frame it works fine. I just prefer the aesthetics of the squared trigger guard.

Link Posted: 12/30/2023 8:50:20 PM EDT
[#16]
I have an M9A1 Compact with rail. Nice gun, but not much smaller than the full size 92. For some reason, the full size sits in my hand perfectly, while I struggle a bit with the compact.
Link Posted: 1/8/2024 3:53:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: USMC_JA] [#17]
Originally Posted By pdogthreeohfive:

Sweet carry piece. Really digging the NP3 with stainless combo and lok grips. I have the same ones in full size on my M9A1.

I would like to see Beretta come out with the standard compact frame like this M9A1 compact (with or without rail). I just prefer the standard grip and the checkering. And then a vertec slide for the dovetailed sights. That would be the dream Beretta carry gun for me.

I could always do a franken gun but it would be nice if it came in this configuration from factory.

In the meantime I settled on a 92x compact w/rail as my daily carry for the past couple years. Nothing wrong with this vertec frame it works fine. I just prefer the aesthetics of the squared trigger guard.

https://i.imgur.com/YCgiHFd.jpg
View Quote

Thanks. You have a very good eye.

My next 92 will be a 92C XI....which will then promptly go to LTT for his slide cut and trigger work.  THAT will be a sweet, sweet shooter.
Link Posted: 1/9/2024 1:22:41 AM EDT
[#18]
which specific model are you looking for?

https://gun.deals/search/apachesolr_search/082442940885
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top