Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/23/2023 11:02:24 PM EDT
Ok, on my 92fs I decock and then flip the safety off.  
I was thinking about getting the decocker only mod. I think it is called a G mod.
But what's the advantage? Other than returning to safety off mode on its own, which I do with my thumb.
Is there something else it does?
Link Posted: 12/24/2023 12:48:50 AM EDT
[#1]
When reloading a 92fs by slingshotting the slide I’ve accidentally activated the safety and found a dead trigger where I expected a live one. The G model eliminates this possibility.
Link Posted: 12/24/2023 2:45:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Got it.  I didn't think of that.
Link Posted: 12/24/2023 5:56:23 AM EDT
[#3]
tip:

Get a LARGE ziplock bag and do the parts swapping inside the bag.

Springs like to fly.

They actually include extra little parts just in case.

Link Posted: 12/24/2023 10:47:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Shot thousands of rds through my first 92FS in USPSA matches. Never, ever once did I hit the safety, engaging it while racking the slide. Highly overrated concern, IMO.

Link Posted: 12/24/2023 11:06:15 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Butternut] [#5]
Link Posted: 12/24/2023 5:08:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Couple other reasons for me. I have small hands, and have to alter my firing grip in order to reach the safety with my thumb. Additionally, I like any gun I might carry to have the same manual of arms: Draw, point at threat, pull trigger. This is true across the Glock, LCP, and Berettas that are in my carry rotation.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top