Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/7/2024 10:10:12 AM EDT
It looks like there are 4 different sizes of safety levers for the modern frame safety equipped guns.  The Performance has the "standard" size but there are also: extra small, small,  and XL. Does anyone have any idea what dimensions for each of these are? Also are the levers on the Performance the same size as the XI?
Link Posted: 3/9/2024 7:37:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Max429] [#1]
The performance levers are significantly bigger than the 92xi SAO lever.

I have no actual answer, but if I had to guess the performance lever seems like it should be the XL.
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 7:07:12 PM EDT
[#2]
I ordered the small safety levers yesterday. I can take measurements if you want. Saw a review on the large levers that the guy showed the levers get in his way when racking the slide
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 8:54:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Gunjunki:
I ordered the small safety levers yesterday. I can take measurements if you want. Saw a review on the large levers that the guy showed the levers get in his way when racking the slide
View Quote

The OEM levers on the XI are too small for me and Ive heard stories about the XLs........guess Im trying to find that sweet spot and the XLs are probably better than the XI's.
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 3:09:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Shown for reference on my 93X Performance. Looks XL to me.

Link Posted: 3/11/2024 3:38:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Here is the stock safety of a 92XI vs a XL.  I think the 92XI stock size is small and the Performance is medium, but not 100% sure.  

I measured both with digital calipers and the small is 3/16" and the XL is 13/32" wide.  

IMO the XL is the #1 upgrade you should do to a 92XI, feels just like a good 1911 safety.  

Pro Tip - wait until a sale at Beretta to pick them up.  They have sales all the time.

XL Safety

Link Posted: 3/15/2024 8:27:20 PM EDT
[#6]
I really like the look of the bigger levers, the ones on my XI definitely feel too small.  But I don't $165 like them, would have to be one hell of a sale.
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 9:18:41 PM EDT
[#7]
The levers on the XI wouldnt be bad if they featured a flat area for your thumb to contact.  The way they angle down and away from the gun sucks and is the reason people have issues with taking the XI off safe.
Link Posted: 3/16/2024 9:02:09 AM EDT
[#8]
So now I am wondering if the performance levers can be ordered, if they are the middle size they are plenty big enough for me.  My to do list later.
Link Posted: 3/16/2024 10:24:39 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Max429:
So now I am wondering if the performance levers can be ordered, if they are the middle size they are plenty big enough for me.  My to do list later.
View Quote

MGW has the OEM levers
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top