Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/7/2024 7:56:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Dangermouse78]
Hey guys, put some Wilson combat grips on my 92x when I when to function test, the trigger was dead on the double action pull.

Took the grips off, & noticed the trigger bar was dropping down just a tad. If I push the trigger bar up, I hear a click & the double action works again.

I was able to get the grips on & have double action work, catch is, if the top right side grip screw is to tight, double action won’t work. I didn't tighten that screw very much, I can put pressure on that screw with my finger & kill the double action, if I let off the pressure, double action works again.

What should I do about this?

I’m new to the 92, so I guess I don’t know how it works exactly.  I need to get a book on the 92 series I guess.
Link Posted: 2/7/2024 10:55:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Sounds like the same problem I had with the factory grips on my M9A4. Too flimsy and my thumb (left handed) would put pressure on the trigger bar,  abusing a dead trigger. You can try different grips, or you could try sanding down the Wilson grip where it contacts the trigger bar.
Link Posted: 2/7/2024 11:53:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By pokey074:
Sounds like the same problem I had with the factory grips on my M9A4. Too flimsy and my thumb (left handed) would put pressure on the trigger bar,  abusing a dead trigger. You can try different grips, or you could try sanding down the Wilson grip where it contacts the trigger bar.
View Quote

Well, if I don’t tighten that screw down to much it’s ok. It runs double action just fine. I’ll have to go to the range & see if my grip affects it. I don’t think it will.

I’ve got some other Wilson combat stuff on order, I’m not sure I want to put the parts on now.
Link Posted: 2/8/2024 1:29:20 AM EDT
[#3]
You can shim the grip so it doesn't put pressure on the trigger bar.  Aluminum tape works well for this.  Apply it to either the frame or grip and make sure it is clear of moving parts.
Link Posted: 2/8/2024 9:22:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Had a similar problem with my 92X. and wilson combat grips.  Chocked it up to tolerances being off on the grip and meant to contact Wilson to RMA but never got around to it.  Months later i wound up installing a LTT "trigger job in a bag" which comes with a new trigger bar.  Found the grips in my box of parts and after installing the new trigger parts I figured I would try the wilson grips again.  With the new trigger bar it works 100% with the wilson grips.
Link Posted: 2/8/2024 10:11:20 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By RichinCM:
You can shim the grip so it doesn't put pressure on the trigger bar.  Aluminum tape works well for this.  Apply it to either the frame or grip and make sure it is clear of moving parts.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By RichinCM:

Figured I’d give it a range session & see what kind of wear I could see on the grips. This might tell me what/where to trim those grips. Thank you for the suggestion.  

Originally Posted By dwb1987:
Had a similar problem with my 92X. and wilson combat grips.  Chocked it up to tolerances being off on the grip and meant to contact Wilson to RMA but never got around to it.  Months later i wound up installing a LTT "trigger job in a bag" which comes with a new trigger bar.  Found the grips in my box of parts and after installing the new trigger parts I figured I would try the wilson grips again.  With the new trigger bar it works 100% with the wilson grips.

Hmm…. Maybe I need one of those.
Link Posted: 2/10/2024 4:28:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Found this video helpful. Maybe it’ll help someone on here as well.
Beretta 92 Trigger Bar & G10 Grips Binding Issues and Solutions
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top