Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/7/2024 6:35:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JoeCZ75]
I spent some time last week with the P-09 hammer gun so, this week, I decided to try to make two trips to the range to shoot my old bullseye match gun, a CGW 97B"E".  I had not shot it in months, so I knew I would have some less than perfect shots today, but this went pretty well.  The first 20 shots on target 1 were a little off, so I won't bore you with those.  The second 20 shots, target 2, were good (for the day), so I included all 20 in a 3 minute video below.  After target 2 I went 2 clicks right on the Burris FF3 sight and shot target 3, but the results there were not as good as target 2, as some eye fatigue set in.  But a good 1st day with the steel hammer gun.  I hope to make it back to the range on Thursday for another 60 rounds, and then it is back to the9mm polymer guns next week.  

2024 2 6 Target 2 97BE 100 yards Lonestar

The percentage of "good" shots goes up with more practice with a particular firearm, at least for me.  A good day at 100 yards is 80% in the black 8 ring or better with all the shots on the repair center.  Even 50 rounds/wk is enough if I don't miss any weeks.  But miss a month or two, and it is like starting over.  

Gun and ammo are excellent.  Shooter needs work.

Edit to add--I returned to the range on Thursday and shot this target.  

2024 2 8 Target 1 97BE 100 yards Lonestar PD

Joe L
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top