Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/23/2024 2:21:21 PM EDT
My sample sizes are always relatively small, but no issues with this steel case load. no internal step for bullet depth. Velocity was a little slower than a control lot of 115gr FMJ Magtech brass case on the same day.
Dayco Ammo was nice enough to send this over: https://www.daycoammo.com/products/magtech-ammunition-6775-db0a900e-5fd7-4d14-8673-124862365e98
True Shot also has it: True Shot 9mm Magtech

9x19mm, 115gr FMJ, Magtech Steel Case (9AS)

9x19mm, 115gr FMJ, Magtech Steel Case (9AS) by Buffman RANGE, on Flickr

Link Posted: 4/23/2024 10:55:40 PM EDT
[#1]
I've seen this and have been tempted. Price wise, it sits where Blazer Aluminum used to sit for me.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 10:23:14 AM EDT
[#2]
I watched the video and the cartridge info said this steel cased Magtech used boxer primers.   Most foreign steel cased ammo I’ve seen used Berdan primers.

A friend had a few hundred of the steel cased 45 ACP Evansville Chrysler cases from WW II with boxer primers.   We loaded those steel cases along with our brass 45 ACP case and they ran fine.  

Buffman just curious if this steel cased ammo is in fact loaded with boxer primers.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 11:03:09 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By VASCAR2:
I watched the video and the cartridge info said this steel cased Magtech used boxer primers.   Most foreign steel cased ammo I’ve seen used Berdan primers.

A friend had a few hundred of the steel cased 45 ACP Evansville Chrysler cases from WW II with boxer primers.   We loaded those steel cases along with our brass 45 ACP case and they ran fine.  

Buffman just curious if this steel cased ammo is in fact loaded with boxer primers.
View Quote

I’m on my 4th case of this stuff and yes it has boxer primers.

My experience with it has been very positive. I shoot it in my home brew 9mm AR carbines and PSA dagger pistols.  The only problem I ever had was a few FTF in a very dirty Sig P320.
It feeds easier than other steel case due to the Zinc(?) coated nickel plating-like  coating on the cases. It’s fed fine in the daggers, as well as a Beretta 92FS.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 12:02:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By weptek911:

I’m on my 4th case of this stuff and yes it has boxer primers.

My experience with it has been very positive. I shoot it in my home brew 9mm AR carbines and PSA dagger pistols.  The only problem I ever had was a few FTF in a very dirty Sig P320.
It feeds easier than other steel case due to the Zinc(?) coated nickel plating-like  coating on the cases. It’s fed fine in the daggers, as well as a Beretta 92FS.
View Quote

Thanks for the info!
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 4:30:00 AM EDT
[#5]
I did get a case of this and it runs great , I like it for the price and runs fine .
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 10:53:38 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By VASCAR2:
I watched the video and the cartridge info said this steel cased Magtech used boxer primers.   Most foreign steel cased ammo I've seen used Berdan primers.

View Quote
Yep confirmed it is boxer primed. :D
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 7:44:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks Buffman!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top