Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/22/2024 11:47:21 PM EDT
Noticed this stuff showing up locally for a for fairly good price. My local shop that I buy most of my ammo from has 1000rd for $240 for BPS and $235 for Vairog.

I only shoot target so this is not for self defense etc. and I shoot quite a bit so over time the price does add up so im always looking for a bargain. I usually buy Maxxtech or S&B but find Maxxtech to be very dirty the last couple thousand rounds of S&B have had quite a few feeding issues. Shooting 90% of this in 2011’s so yeah they or the mags mostly can sometime be a little picky with ammo. Never had any issues with the cheap dirty Maxxtech (I know people bash on this ammo but I have never really had any major issues)

But at the same time I am always looking for other cheap brass cased alternatives so just wanted to hear any feedback about BPS or Vairog
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 11:33:00 AM EDT
[#1]
I bought a 1,000 rounds of 124 grain BPS when the supply lines were opening up post COVID.  Price and availability were the deciding factors at the time.

It didn't seem better or worse than any other random 124 grain 9mm ball.  It went bang.  It was not the most accurate.  It was not terribly inaccurate either.  The cases were a little soft, but reloadable.

I would not be opposed to buying it again for general range use.  It would need to be a few cpr less than other comparable options.  I would not stack it deep.

For general training and range use, domestic production 110 grain works fine.  At present 110 FMJ is readily available and cost effective in my area.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top