Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/11/2024 1:48:11 PM EDT
I shot 2 magazines through my new Tisas and had 1 FTE.  I noticed the last case sat on top of the magazine and didn't get thrown out of the slide.  Didn't have a problem on the next mag.   I only had the 2 mags so no chance to see if the problem repeats.

I'll run some more rounds through it later but otherwise it ran fine and trigger wasn't great but not terrible.

Thoughts on FTE if it continues, any other Tisas doing the same?  Thanks for looking.
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 2:34:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Sounds like an extractor problem.  Could be induced by the paint used to coat these guns.  I would pull the extractor, clean it and the extractor well and perform a test on the extractor.  If it fails the test, get someone knowledgeable to adjust the extractor.
Link Posted: 3/12/2024 4:09:29 PM EDT
[#2]
I, and a few others on this site have had extractor issues with our Tisas 9mm. Mine was fixed by swapping it out to an EGW extractor. It’s been 100% since changing the extractor. Others had success with swapping the original for a Wilson extractor.
Link Posted: 3/12/2024 7:04:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Milhouse:
I, and a few others on this site have had extractor issues with our Tisas 9mm. Mine was fixed by swapping it out to an EGW extractor. It’s been 100% since changing the extractor. Others had success with swapping the original for a Wilson extractor.
View Quote

Thanks, after a few more rounds if the problem continues I'll consider another extractor.
Link Posted: 3/16/2024 8:39:03 PM EDT
[#4]
I took out the extractor and noticed 2 spots that had impact marks.  I didn’t notice them when took it apart when I first received it and cleaned it up.

The marks are on the hook part of the extractor on the top and bottom of the hook.  I'll post a picture later so you can see better.  Hard to tell where they came from.

I still need to do some more live fire to test the extractor but for now it will hold an empty case and live round when I move it around though it seems loose.  Should the case be held firmly against the breach face or is there some play?
Link Posted: 3/17/2024 1:53:07 AM EDT
[#5]
Give it a little more than 2 mags.
Link Posted: 3/17/2024 8:18:43 AM EDT
[#6]
You do realize that you need to shoot more before trying to fix a problem. If your pistol is cerakoted it needs shot a couple hundred rounds because that paint sucks.
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 10:32:57 PM EDT
[#7]
@downrivertrash
What model, .45 or 9mm and what barrel length? The fix varies a bit.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 9:49:42 PM EDT
[#8]
It's 9mm, 4 1/2 inch barrel.  I've done the extractor test and it won't hold a round in the slide.  I've done a lot of reading on extractors and there's a difference between the 9mm and .45.  I've had to put the pistol aside till I have time to go to the range and break it in.  There's also an issue with the firing pin stop but after a break in I'll see what goes wrong and how to fix it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top