Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/8/2024 12:29:01 PM EDT
I posted awhile back about getting painful blisters from shooting full power and medium power 44 magnum. The issue was from the exposed back strap. Hogue rubber grips didn't help.

However, hockey tape made a night and day difference. I experienced no pain with any of the loads. The full power load only resulted in more muzzle flip. I think I could shoot it all day now.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/8/2024 12:59:17 PM EDT
[#1]
It’s not ugly if it works…
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 1:15:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: wildearp] [#2]
I have that same pistol.  The long barrel tames things quite a bit.  This one really lets you know it, and you can see how I fixed it:

Mag-na-porting is still fairly inexpensive and they have a fast turnaround.

Link Posted: 4/8/2024 4:16:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Looks like I need some hockey tape for a J frame.

Magnaporting….does it shave coated and plain lead bullets? What about plated?
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 4:44:41 PM EDT
[#4]
I put a set of Pachmayrs on my M29 a few weeks after I bought it in 1983.  Never hurt my thumb again.  Mine's a 4" blue gun.  Rock and roll.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 12:39:16 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 1168RGR:
Looks like I need some hockey tape for a J frame.

Magnaporting….does it shave coated and plain lead bullets? What about plated?
View Quote

It does not.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 10:15:44 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1168RGR] [#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By anachronism:

It does not.
View Quote
Thanks a bunch. I have it on some of my Glocks, but I’ve only used jacketed ammo in the ones that have it. My handloads are almost always with coated bullets, otherwise, so its something I was thinking about. Might see about getting my GP100 and maybe a small frame ported…and a G40.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top