Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/17/2023 12:59:51 PM EDT
It seems like it’s been a few years since Allegheny Arms started talking about making 81/84 barrels… apparently there were some problems along the way but yesterday they sent out an email to those who signed up wanting them.  Bought one of each and I’m looking forward to seeing how they turned out.

Anybody else in on this and/or have experience suppressing an 81 or 84?  I picked up a 84 parts kit a while back with the intent of using the heavier slide on an 81.  Haven’t quite figured out what can to use but I’m liking the idea of a Gemtech Aurora for a compact package.
Link Posted: 8/17/2023 2:14:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Just got the email, but the link is not working, maybe the site is busy?

I would like to hear about the smallest effective can for the .32 ACP too.

Link Posted: 8/18/2023 2:50:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Interested in an 84/85 barrel... do they just do phone orders? It doesn't look like they have a cart...
Link Posted: 8/18/2023 3:31:41 PM EDT
[#3]
I got one of each.  I have been on their notification list for what seems like forever.
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 12:20:14 AM EDT
[#4]
It was quite a while. Trying to get a shop on board was the biggest issue. You guys have NO IDEA much of a problem it is trying to get 1,000 barrels made. Smaller barrel shops like KKM etc (never got a bid from them but did speak with them briefly) we’re either far too expensive or didn’t want to do that many. Conversely, larger shops who supply places like SiCo and gun manufacturers want you to place orders for 1-2,000 pieces per month. It literally took almost 7 years, 3 shops and some intervention from an attorney to get these done.

Our site is getting revamped and the shop link from the main site isn’t working. Anyone interested can just email the store and we’ll get a direct link sent out asap.
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 11:37:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Thread needs pics.... (from an 85BB)... lovely barrel.

The tiniest quibble was a personal preference on the thread protector (but I appreciate that the TP was included- some don't). I swapped it out with a thinner one I had from a Faxon barrel, and the smaller diameter seemed to be a little more in scale. It also had a little more aggressive knurling. YMMV.

Link Posted: 8/30/2023 8:20:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Yes... photos.

Link Posted: 8/30/2023 9:45:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/1/2023 8:36:34 AM EDT
[Last Edit: --FLEET--] [#8]
I was so jacked when I got the email. Instantly ordered an 81 barrel. I had been checking on these a few times a year for several years. I don’t shoot a lot of suppressed pistols but I thought my 81 was very pleasant. Louder than my MK4 with the same can but not by a huge margin. Felt a little powder blast but not enough to offend me. It’s an open top beretta after all. I ran it with a piston because my flush direct thread mount would run into the guide rod before getting tight so I needed some stand-off. Didn’t shoot much cause I’m conserving .32 ammo for a couple of vz61 scorpion builds. Tried to fit the 81 barrel in my 81BB as well but the takedown lever wouldn't close. Thanks for going through the trouble to make these.

Link Posted: 9/1/2023 9:26:23 AM EDT
[#9]
That thing looks great, especially in the short configuration and I’m super happy to hear that everyone is digging these things.

As far as the fitment on your other gun, you should only have to take a few thousands of an inch off of the front locking radius on the bottom of that barrel. We intentionally made these slightly oversized to fit all six generations of Beretta as well as the browning BDA and Tisas Fatih. Even after fitting to your other gun, it should work just fine with very very minimal play on your standard 81 although you will feel a little bit of wiggle.
Link Posted: 9/1/2023 10:02:14 AM EDT
[#10]
Thanks so much for making these.  I purchased one this morning!
Link Posted: 9/1/2023 9:16:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 390ish:
Thanks so much for making these.  I purchased one this morning!
View Quote

Our pleasure! Yours went out with this mornings batch. You should have received the tracking number and confirmation this afternoon.
Link Posted: 9/2/2023 4:24:06 AM EDT
[#12]
I'm on the list for one of the .32acp non-threaded barrels.
Link Posted: 9/2/2023 5:12:46 AM EDT
[#13]
Can someone post a link? I went crazy on the surplus 81s and would love a 2nd suppressed one. Sent one to ECCO.
Link Posted: 9/2/2023 2:42:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SchlaffTablett] [#14]
Originally Posted By Nakanokalronin:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

We ended up with about 50 extended length non-threaded barrels in both .32 and .380. Same price but we haven't gotten them put on the site yet. If you want, you can call in and place the order over the phone.

Originally Posted By rustyboy:
Can someone post a link? I went crazy on the surplus 81s and would love a 2nd suppressed one. Sent one to ECCO.

80 series extended / threaded barrels
Link Posted: 9/5/2023 2:25:13 AM EDT
[#15]
They are worth the wait, think of it like buying a stamp gun several years back.  Order it and forget about it, then Christmas arrives sometime during the year and you have a barrel.

Link Posted: 9/6/2023 3:12:45 PM EDT
[#16]

We ended up with about 50 extended length non-threaded barrels in both .32 and .380. Same price but we haven't gotten them put on the site yet. If you want, you can call in and place the order over the phone.
View Quote

If the non-threaded barrels were cut to factory length and a little cheaper I would of bought one, but since they're the same price I just went with a threaded barrel.
Link Posted: 9/12/2023 11:47:36 PM EDT
[#17]
Just placed an order tonight, thank you for posting about these OP, and Allegheny for making them.
Link Posted: 9/13/2023 4:51:45 PM EDT
[#18]
I got mine in last week and took it to the range in my 80x Cheetah. I ran a Wolfman with a booster, first in K can config, then in long boi mode.

No POA/POI adjustments were needed, it was spot on. Lots of fun. I shot it with ears on the entire time (indoor range due to weather). Surprisingly, the balance of the 80x as a host was very good. I thought it would be front heavy to the point of being unwieldly.

Powder to face was comparable to other pistols I've shot, perhaps a bit on the high side but not that big of a deal if you wear eyepro every time anyway.

I shot a mix of Precision One FMJ, PO XTP, and Blazer FMJ. All cycled reliably with and without the can. The barrel is ostensibly more accurate than I'll ever be.

Nice work on these, @SchlaffTablett .
Link Posted: 10/15/2023 9:19:12 PM EDT
[#19]
Would definitely be in for one in .22 caliber (for Model 87 Cheetah)!

dh
Link Posted: 10/16/2023 2:48:46 PM EDT
[#20]
87 barrels are on the list but I'm working on several other projects first and the comparatively low number of 87s in the country vs 81/84/85 means the market is WAY less than these.
Link Posted: 12/3/2023 10:04:18 PM EDT
[#21]
Any chance y’all will make some model 85 grips or does anybody have recommendations for a slim 85 grip?  

Apart from that I’m very happy with the barrels from Allegheny Arms.  Only tried a few rounds with the 380 barrel but the 32 has become one of my favorites.
Link Posted: 12/26/2023 8:29:56 PM EDT
[#22]
Ordered one a few weeks ago, and got it maybe a week later.

Looks and fits very good.  Looking forward to trying it out at the range.

Question - do you all use a spring piston on the Beretta 81 in .32 ACP, or use a fixed barrel spacer?  I think the B81 cycles via blowback, and the barrel is fixed, as it doesn't seem to move at all when hand cycled, and there's no "button" and "lower wedge" (I know those aren't the correct terms) on the barrel like on the 92 9mm series.

If the .32 ACP is blowback, is the .380 version as well, thus you'd used a fixed barrel piston for use with a supressor?
Link Posted: 1/9/2024 12:15:17 PM EDT
[#23]
Got in a tri-lug. Hope to give it a whirl soon

Also, anyone try .32 barrel in one of the new 80x cheetahs yet?
Link Posted: 2/14/2024 7:53:02 PM EDT
[#24]
I'd be down for an 87 barrel for sure.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top