Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/19/2023 10:52:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Capt_Destro]
How are these holding up for those that have them? Ended up purchasing one so I can move my Holosun to a shotgun. I figure these are budget Trijicon RMRs (Trij owns ameriglo)

Just curious? Couldnt pass it up for $200 shipped. Looks like a bigger window too.
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 11:47:45 AM EDT
[#1]
We work closely with Ameriglo on backup sights, they like our plates and we like their sights, they make special projects for us when we need custom sights.

Haven is not made in China, and fits our OPF-G, RMR plate very well.  The refresh rate of the dot takes a bit getting used to.
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 4:32:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Duffy:
We work closely with Ameriglo on backup sights, they like our plates and we like their sights, they make special projects for us when we need custom sights.

Haven is not made in China, and fits our OPF-G, RMR plate very well.  The refresh rate of the dot takes a bit getting used to.
View Quote

Thanks for the info. Figured I'd give it a try since it's made in the Philippines.

Also my reason for buying one was kinda funny. I was too cheap to buy a $35 RMR cover plate for my Brownells slide lmao. Figured I'd just put that toward another Optic at this point.

I fixed the Typo in the title.
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 4:38:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Ameriglo is owned by Trijicon, both companies have a stellar reputation.  Our experience with working with them has been great as well, we're always happy to support other US companies.
Link Posted: 5/22/2023 6:56:54 AM EDT
[#4]
They are occupying an odd, middle of the road price point in a competitive market. Nice to have an option other than CCP Holosuns
Link Posted: 5/22/2023 9:27:17 AM EDT
[Last Edit: HAGDADDY] [#5]
I got one in with a Walther PDP purchase during their promo last month.  I ended up putting an SCS on the Walther so I put the Ameriglo on a FN509.

I figure I'll run it a while and see how it holds up.  So far I haven't had any issues.  Seems rugged, glass is clear, no problem with mount or zero.  

Had a case head separation last week that boomed pretty hard.  Had powder burns on both hands from slide gap and gap at bottom of the magazine.  Pistol and optic both took it in stride.

For me it was "free" so I couldn't beat the price.  Two of my shooting buddies got them with the promo ad well, one is on a Walther and one is on another 509.  No issues with them either.
Link Posted: 5/22/2023 9:45:33 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Capt_Destro] [#6]
Originally Posted By HAGDADDY:
I got one in with a Walther PDP purchase during their promo last month.  I ended up putting an SCS on the Walther so I put the Ameriglo on a FN509.

I figure I'll run it a while and see how it holds up.  So far I haven't had any issues.  Seems rugged, glass is clear, no problem with mount or zero.  

Had a case head separation last week that boomed pretty hard.  Had powder burns on both hands from slide gap and gap at bottom of the magazine.  Pistol and optic both took it in stride.

For me it was "free" so I couldn't beat the price.  Two of my shooting buddies got them with the promo ad well, one is on a Walther and one is on another 509.  No issues with them either.
View Quote

This is what I was hoping to read. Since Walther was giving these away for free essentially.

Do you notice any magnification? The Holosun has just a bit. Not a deal breaker, just curious

My ameriglo should arrive sometime this week
Link Posted: 5/22/2023 8:07:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Capt_Destro] [#7]
Dang had a minor set back. I had to order some 4-40 1/2" screws for my Brownells Slide. The screw heads on the OEM ones are a bit different and my Brownells 4-40 screws aren't long enough.

It should work out though.

Its almost like the OEM screws have a reduced diameter head.

If anyone else has the same issue hit me up.. I have 50 of the damn things headed my way

Refresh rate seems slow, but isnt a deal breaker
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 9:35:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Capt_Destro] [#8]
I got it mounted up. Honestly it just seems okay.. But I've been spoiled with a Holosun 507. I'll be screwing with the Holosun in dot mode only as I compare. Also I still need to hit the range.

It doesn't seem to be anything special but if it's reliable and gets even cheaper. I think they will sell nicely. Definitely worth it if you got in on that Walther deal.

I have astigmatism, In hindsight I should of grabbed the 5MOA. Honestly though on a pistol it wont matter. The dot is going to look like a comet to me either way. The Holosun's 6 MOA dot is something I have gotten used to.

I'm comparing this to a holosun:
LED Clarity:  But both look pretty clear and bright to me. However the Ameriglo shows the emitter/glare much sooner than the Holosun.
Brightness: Should be day light bright. Just to note the Holosun has a retina blinding max just in case you want to aim directly at the sun at high noon....
Magnification: Very little if any which is good. The Holosun has some noticeable magnification.
FOV: Better than the Holosun since it's wider. Slightly shorter though. Also the body of the optic is thinner than the Holosun
*Will it fail sooner if it takes a beating?
*Coating/Emitter/Lens Angle Concern: The red dot dims a bit in the upper part of the window. Seems due to the front lens tilt/emitter. Pretty damn annoying. Does anyone elses do this? My Holosun is crisp as hell at all edges of the optic.
Aim Time: Easy to find the red dot on both, even with a 2.5 moa dot on the Ameriglo vs the Holosun's Single Dot. The Ameriglo has something neat if you aren't cowitnessing sights. It has an index line on the back.

Link Posted: 6/6/2023 12:12:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Got one on the way I’ll try and post my thoughts if I remember it. Wanted a non-Holosun option for a RMR cut. Going to mount it on a shotgun I have a Aridus mount on.
Link Posted: 6/7/2023 7:18:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Optic was returned to Ameriglo on Monday. They paid for return shipping.

Received an email today that they are replacing it and it's being sent out today/tomorrow. Pretty fast turn around I am liking their customer service so far.
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 12:40:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Attachment Attached File

Mounted up on the 590 SBS
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 12:54:00 PM EDT
[#12]
View Quote

Please let me know how it holds up. I put my Holosun on my shockwave. But the Haven might work well on it.
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 12:55:46 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Capt_Destro:

Please let me know how it holds up. I put my Holosun on my shockwave. But the Haven might work well on it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Hoping to sight it in here this afternoon I’ll keep you posted
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 2:40:14 PM EDT
[#14]
22 Federal Tru ball and 15rds of buck no issues.
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 4:02:03 PM EDT
[#15]
Mine has held up so far. Nothing to write home about and got it when I bought my PDP-F. I probably wouldn't spend money on this one as I like my EPS's and 507's. It's riding on my F til my SCS shows up.

Haven't had any issues with it but when I got it, it had adhesive from the glass/frame running across the top of the frame of the optic.

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 6/21/2023 6:16:35 PM EDT
[#16]
Meant to post back.

Ameriglo CS was awesome. This one is much better.

However I don't see myself buying more unless it's at a huge discount. But he'll I did see these for $180.

I just like my Holosun circle dots

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/1/2023 3:33:13 PM EDT
[#17]
Mine died second time to the range. Dot kind of “exploded.”  Just a faint outline of part of a much larger than 5 MOA dot left - only visible inside, not outside in the sunlight . Thought it might be a battery issue, but new battery made no difference. Just requested an RMA from Ameriglo.
Link Posted: 10/1/2023 9:17:10 PM EDT
[#18]
I've got well over 1,000 rounds thru mine mounted on an FN509.  Have not had any issues.  Refresh rate isn't super fast but I only notice it when I'm specifically looking for it.  Never been a problem while shooting.
Link Posted: 12/1/2023 10:02:16 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Wags:
Mine died second time to the range. Dot kind of “exploded.”  Just a faint outline of part of a much larger than 5 MOA dot left - only visible inside, not outside in the sunlight . Thought it might be a battery issue, but new battery made no difference. Just requested an RMA from Ameriglo.
View Quote

So my red dot is still going. But I regret getting the 2 moa version. I might just throw it on a long gun at this point, or use it with a 45 degree mount/LVPO.

Minor complaint I suppose. I had to order longer than usual mounting screws.

At least you will need to if you have a Brownells or Zev slide (different thread pitch)

You'd think the QC would be better since it's a literal Trijicon RMR Jr.

CS has been fast and responsive however.

If I was going to do it again I'd spend a bit more.on a Holosun or an actual Trijicon RMR.
Link Posted: 12/2/2023 9:24:52 AM EDT
[#20]

So my red dot is still going. But I regret getting the 2 moa version. I might just throw it on a long gun at this point, or use it with a 45 degree mount/LVPO.

Minor complaint I suppose. I had to order longer than usual mounting screws.

At least you will need to if you have a Brownells or Zev slide (different thread pitch)

You'd think the QC would be better since it's a literal Trijicon RMR Jr.

CS has been fast and responsive however.

If I was going to do it again I'd spend a bit more.on a Holosun or an actual Trijicon RMR.
View Quote

I hadn’t updated.  They sent me a replacement within about a week. No complaints with CS at all.  Replacement is mounted, but haven’t had that pistol back out to shoot yet.
Link Posted: 12/16/2023 9:40:23 PM EDT
[#21]
I'm around 6,000 rounds on mine Ameriglo Haven now.  Have not had any issues to date.  

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/4/2024 6:11:19 PM EDT
[#22]
$155 shipped from gunprime. I wanted to try a dot and this price is in, or better than the chicom price range.
Link Posted: 2/5/2024 4:10:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Capt_Destro] [#23]
Originally Posted By mezcalfud:
$155 shipped from gunprime. I wanted to try a dot and this price is in, or better than the chicom price range.
View Quote

I still like my Holosun more, but the Ameriglo is still working. I just don't like the auto shutoff thing. You can also lock it on carry mode to keep it always on but this will disable all of the buttons.

$155 is a steal.
Link Posted: 2/5/2024 6:00:30 PM EDT
[#24]
View Quote

Damn that is good deal
Link Posted: 2/17/2024 12:24:29 PM EDT
[#25]
At $155 I got robbed! I have a RMA request already. The dot is great if the diode/emitter reflection wasn't surrounding it and it doesn't shut off, ever.
Link Posted: 2/17/2024 5:05:20 PM EDT
[#26]
At $155 I got robbed! I have a RMA request already. The dot is great if the diode/emitter reflection wasn't surrounding it and it doesn't shut off, ever.
View Quote

You'd think a sister company to Trijicon would have better QC?

The first one i ordered had a fucky emitter or lens coating.
Link Posted: 2/23/2024 1:48:00 AM EDT
[#27]
It's still good to know there's at least non Chinese made budget pistol optics starting to hit the market. I wish I saw this thread before buying a Swampfox for my Dagger.. but I'll keep this in mind if I pick up another Dagger.
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 11:35:11 PM EDT
[#28]
I just got my replacement sight and so far so good on the dot. The dumbest failure of quality control is that the line on the back of the sight is not centered. Seriously, they make a $200 sight and draw the line wrong.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top