Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/8/2024 9:58:42 PM EDT
Have been kicking around an 856/605, have a 942 UL that has had some issues but Taurus resolved and really like the form factor and weight and don’t feel bad beating it up. Interested in an 856 / 605 but curious folks experience. Any input appreciated
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 4:18:08 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a three inch 856.  Works fine, no complaints.  Surprisingly accurate.
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 8:49:58 AM EDT
[#2]
I have a Taurus 856 Executive.  The DA trigger is superb. It’s easily as good as the trigger on my DA Kimber K6S, and better than any of the DA triggers on my various S&W triggers, with the exception of my Custom shop 625.

My major objection to it was the grip prevented the use of a speed loader, and interfered with clean ejection of the spent cases.

There were no readily aftermarket grip options that resolved the problem, but It only took about 15 minutes to carve and sand the above aftermarket grip to have an actual speed loader relief cut.

Link Posted: 3/11/2024 4:26:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the feedback - Handsome pistol there. Am leaning toward the TORO, maybe that trigger will work in over time...
Link Posted: 3/12/2024 4:54:08 PM EDT
[#4]
@Ameshawki
@DakotaFAL

Do either of you have an appendix holster for the 856 3” that you would recommend?
Link Posted: 3/12/2024 6:21:52 PM EDT
[#5]
I've owned a 605 since 1995.
Replaced the original wooden grips.  They were brutal with full power loads.
No problems.  Used to carry it often.  Have much better options now with the small nines.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 11:24:19 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By dcs12345:
@Ameshawki
@DakotaFAL

Do either of you have an appendix holster for the 856 3” that you would recommend?
View Quote

Not a fan of appendix carry, so no.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 11:35:28 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Ameshawki:

View Quote

Any IWB holsters?  Or anything type of holster?
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 8:03:33 PM EDT
[#8]
@Ameshawki
@DakotaFAL

View Quote

I’m also not a fan of appendix carry.

I do carry IWB at the 3:30 position.

I use a Next Holster Guardian most of the time.

When I need a tuckable holster for use with a dress shirt and no cover garment I use a Wild Bills Concealment Covert Carry holster.

Link Posted: 3/16/2024 11:25:42 AM EDT
[#9]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Ameshawki:

I have enough trouble just getting me inside a waist band.
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 6:45:42 PM EDT
[#10]
@Ameshawki
@DakotaFAL

View Quote

enigma-express

The Phlster Enigma Express is available for the 856 and 856 TORO.  I don't have one for that specific gun, but I use the Enigma along with Philster holsters all the time and am very happy.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top