Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/17/2023 8:13:33 PM EDT
Just got an email from Sarco advertising Bulgarian Makarov's for $395. If photos are believable, may be old stock. Looks like small import marks.

https://www.sarcoinc.com/bulgarian-makarov-pistol/?utm_source=Newsletter&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=Weekend+Blast+03-17-2023&utm_id=Weekend+Blast+03-17-2023
Link Posted: 3/17/2023 10:08:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Some Maks just came in, Atlantic was advertising them I think.
Link Posted: 3/17/2023 10:12:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By backbencher:
View Quote
You would be correct
Link Posted: 3/18/2023 12:17:02 AM EDT
[Last Edit: _DR] [#3]
Originally Posted By fivepointoh:
You would be correct
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By backbencher:
You would be correct

For the Atlantic ones:

$399, still in stock as of this posting.

But..this is not a Makarov, it is a CZ83 chambered in 9x18mm (9mm "Makarov").

Close, but not exactly the same.

The bulgarian ones on Sarco are traditional Makarovs, but they appear to have bastardized non-factory safeties added on the slide. If this is true, collector value will be compromised.
Link Posted: 3/18/2023 1:12:44 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By _DR:

For the Atlantic ones:

The bulgarian ones on Sarco are traditional Makarovs, but they appear to have bastardized non-factory safeties added on the slide. If this is true, collector value will be compromised.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By backbencher:  Some Maks just came in, Atlantic was advertising them I think.

You would be correct

For the Atlantic ones:

I thought the Mak had a slide mounted safety?
Link Posted: 3/18/2023 9:53:29 AM EDT
[#5]

For the Atlantic ones:

View Quote

That’s the standard Mak safety.
Link Posted: 3/21/2023 6:43:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Ameshawki:

Yep, looks stock to me!
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Ameshawki:

For the Atlantic ones:

Yep, looks stock to me!

Link Posted: 5/23/2023 7:14:24 AM EDT
[#7]
I've been looking at Bulgarian 9x18 Maks from Sarco Inc. & Atlantic Firearms as of late. Just want the basic bare bones military surplus with brown bakelite grips and the Star on grips (I really want the brown bakelite Star grip). Period, that's it. Watched a few video's on You Tube University and they may look ruff, but seem to work in the most extreme conditions.

Sarco Inc. $395 vs Atlantic Firearms $429 to $459. Any ones past experience with either company concerning the Maks? Would like to hear your feedback. Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 1:24:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By wagsfn:
I've been looking at Bulgarian 9x18 Maks from Sarco Inc. & Atlantic Firearms as of late. Just want the basic bare bones military surplus with brown bakelite grips and the Star on grips (I really want the brown bakelite Star grip). Period, that's it. Watched a few video's on You Tube University and they may look ruff, but seem to work in the most extreme conditions.

Sarco Inc. $395 vs Atlantic Firearms $429 to $459. Any ones past experience with either company concerning the Maks? Would like to hear your feedback. Thanks.
View Quote
My thread in this forum regarding a Mak from Atlantic in February.

Some of the ones that have surfaced since then seem like they may have a slightly nicer surface finish, but I have no reason to expect any wear couldn't be fixed by a blueing pen.  

But from my experience, you may have to buy the Bakelite grips you want separately from the gun itself, as many of the Bulgarians seem to come with that stupid black thumb rest grip or Pearce rubber grips, probably for "sporting" points.
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 9:05:14 AM EDT
[#9]
IMHO, I'd trust Atlantic more than Sarco for honsesty about condition. That said, Sarco sometimes does come up with some nice stuff out of the woodwork. I'd see if you can find if their batches have different import markings. Some markings have gotten pretty heinous. The ancient batches had fairly faint and discrete marks. Some more recent came in with a huge billboard on the slide. Most recently some marks have been on the frontstap of the grip which would be my preference since it would be easy to cover or removed(another can of worms for some drama llamas).

Makarovs are kind like the AK of the pistol world. Solid guns and very easy to work on for repairs. As posted above, grips are easy to find for cheap on Egay or gunporker. I like the Pierce grips for shooting and the EG black bakelite for occasional carry.
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 9:12:08 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Blitzkreig:
Most recently some marks have been on the frontstap of the grip which would be my preference since it would be easy to cover or removed.

As posted above, grips are easy to find for cheap on Egay or gunporker. I like the Pierce grips for shooting and the EG black bakelite for occasional carry.
View Quote
Mine from Atlantic had the markings on the front strap.  

And while the red Bakelite grips "look the part", the FAB defense grip that have a beaver tail and a button push mag release are quite useful.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top