Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 2/16/2024 6:05:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Yojimbo]
Good Glock clones are becoming easy to build like the AR15.  I saw the Grit Grip frames and looked like it had some really good features.  It also fits standard Glock holsters.  I have one on order, hope to get it soon!

https://gritgrips.com/

So far I am really liking the GG19 frame.  The extended beaver tail, and grip ergonomics really remind me of the M&P.  To me, that's a good thing. Even though I sold my M&P and stuck with the G19 I fstill elt the MP had better ergos.  The GG grip also felt smaller and I feel like my medium sized hands are getting better all around contact making the pistol feel more at one with my hands. The GG frame is more oval feeling while the CA frame is blocky and shaped just like the OEM frame but without finger grooves.

All my OEM G19 and 17 mags fit and drop free just fine.  My Streamlight TLR-7a light fits the GG19 frame just as well as the OEM and Combat Armory frames.  The GG19 frame also perfectly fit all my G19 holsters including the Raven Vanguard.  One thing that was a bummer is that GG19 magwell is different enough that my Reptilia and Magpul magwells will not fit.  

The GG19 texture is not as aggressive as the Combat Armory frame.  However, it does live up to what Dusty said and the harder you grip it the more bite it gives.  I look forward to getting some rounds down range!

Build pics.

Put my Remsport slide with Gen 5 barrel and HS EPS sight on it.

Factory Gen 3 frame, Combat Armory frame and Grit Grips frame.

Link Posted: 2/16/2024 6:20:07 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm really wanting a G45 style frame, but their frame looks nice.  

Lots of photos on the Facebook group.

https://facebook.com/groups/1493715161402454/
Link Posted: 2/16/2024 6:22:55 PM EDT
[#2]
FYI, for anyone interested.  The Grit Grips frame was designed by the guy who designed the PSA Dagger Compact frame.

He's had a few jobs over the years

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 2/16/2024 6:52:54 PM EDT
[#3]
A buddy just got one and says he is impressed. I haven’t handled it yet. He was primarily looking for the larger Gen4 mag catch on a Gen3 pattern frame.
Link Posted: 2/16/2024 11:02:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By gunnut284:
A buddy just got one and says he is impressed. I haven’t handled it yet. He was primarily looking for the larger Gen4 mag catch on a Gen3 pattern frame.
View Quote

That's a huge reason I'm thinking of one.  

I was actually thinking on a Lone Wolf Dusk frame when they were introduced for that reason.
Link Posted: 2/17/2024 8:47:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Interesting. Let us know how long it takes for you to receive it and a review would be nice if you have the time. I always wonder about the durability of the polymer(s) used in these clone frames but I tend to overthink sometimes.
Link Posted: 2/18/2024 3:37:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Yojimbo] [#6]
Just got home from picking up my Grit Grips frame!  I should be able to put it together tonight.

Grit Grips definitely ships fast.  The frame looks really good with no excess mold flashing or finish issues that I can tell.
Link Posted: 2/18/2024 6:10:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Yojimbo] [#7]
Added the build pics and notes to the OP.
Link Posted: 2/18/2024 8:35:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Nice. Thank you for the update and pics.
Link Posted: 2/18/2024 10:23:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SpankMonkey] [#9]
I need to build one of these. That looks good.

OP how does it feel compared to a gen3 glock? I mean the quality of the plastic.
Link Posted: 2/18/2024 11:49:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Yojimbo] [#10]
Originally Posted By SpankMonkey:
I need to build one of these. That looks good.

OP how does it feel compared to a gen3 glock? I mean the quality of the plastic.
View Quote

GG uses “High strength, glass reinforced polymer”.  The frame is very nicely molded and has stiffer feel than the OEM frame.  It’s very similar in stiffness to the Combat Armory frame but the GG frame feels and looks a step up in quality over the CA. The extended beaver tail, trigger guard under cuts and accelerator pads feel really good.

If it shoots as reliably as is looks I will probably get a couple more GG frames.  Building Glock 19 clones can be about as addictive as BRD…
Link Posted: 2/19/2024 12:10:00 AM EDT
[#11]
Would like to see one for the slimline series, 43x and the 48.
Link Posted: 2/19/2024 7:33:07 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By JimmyAR:
Would like to see one for the slimline series, 43x and the 48.
View Quote

Got to sell a lot of these first.  

Look how long the SCT19 was on the market before we got the SCT43CC?

I'm hoping for a G45 Gen3 version, but I'll have something else long before that's released.
Link Posted: 2/19/2024 8:54:58 AM EDT
[#13]
That looks like a great frame!  If they would make one in 19 size for a 26 slide.  I would be all over it.  26X?
Link Posted: 2/19/2024 9:15:14 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 2/19/2024 9:15:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: d16man] [#15]
Link Posted: 2/19/2024 9:53:31 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Yojimbo] [#16]
Originally Posted By d16man:
The dagger grip IMO is superior to all the glock style frames.
View Quote

As mentioned above, the guy that designed the Dagger frame also designed the Grit Grips frame. While I can't compare the Grit Grips frame to the Dagger, I will say the GG frame definitely has better ergonomics than the Glock and CA frames.
Link Posted: 2/19/2024 10:03:54 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By d16man:
The dagger grip IMO is superior to all the glock style frames.
View Quote

Have you tried both?  Serious question.

The Dagger grip feels pretty good (once you remove the silly finger groove) but not fitting in many G19 holsters is a huge negative.  Especially is someone already has a G19 and wants to upgrade or expand their frame inventory.  

With the cost, frames like the Grit Grips, Combat Armory and the Dagger are ideal for customization while keeping your stock Glock frame, stock.  

I would definitely think twice before chopping an OEM G19 frame to take G26 magazines, but one of these?  Dremel go brrrr
Link Posted: 2/19/2024 10:07:18 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By 9mmstephen:
That looks like a great frame!  If they would make one in 19 size for a 26 slide.  I would be all over it.  26X?
View Quote

Pretty sure I suggested that on the Facebook group. It has to get in line behind the G43X and G45 Gen3 frames first .

That's really an unserved market.  There's Battlecock and maybe a couple other places building G26Xs.  Not having a light rail will limit sales, but an aftermarket company can figure out what size rail to put on there (G19 size or G43X for the TLR-7 Sub).
Link Posted: 2/19/2024 10:10:08 AM EDT
[Last Edit: November5] [#19]
I just picked up two of them.  Haven't got them built yet.  The ergonomics are phenomenal, much better than the Dagger.
Link Posted: 2/19/2024 10:33:39 AM EDT
[#20]
OP, what slide did you use in your GG build?   The GG frame looks very good but I have 3 Combat Armory frames which I really like.   I have a Dagger compact and it is OK I just like the CA frame better.    I like that CA frame fits more of my holsters compared to the Dagger frame.   Thanks for posting!
Link Posted: 2/19/2024 10:50:26 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Yojimbo] [#21]
Originally Posted By VASCAR2:
OP, what slide did you use in your GG build?   The GG frame looks very good but I have 3 Combat Armory frames which I really like.   I have a Dagger compact and it is OK I just like the CA frame better.    I like that CA frame fits more of my holsters compared to the Dagger frame.   Thanks for posting!
View Quote

@VASCAR2

I used a Rempsort Gen3 slide with an RMR cut.  The Rempsort has a nice OEM look. I used Glock OEM internals, a Gen 5 G19 barrel, Night Fision Stealth, 1/3 cowitness sights and a DPP titanium HS EPS adapter plate.

I also have three CA frames that I like and work great. I have a lot of Glock 19 holsters so holster fit is a big thing for me.  That's why I've stayed away from Dagger or SCT frames.
Link Posted: 2/19/2024 1:54:51 PM EDT
[#22]
Remsport slides are really nice.  I just sold mine because the Dagger slides go in & out of my Safariland holsters do much quicker.  

Remsport absolutely wins in the looks department. I think they have a better finish than OEM Glock.
Link Posted: 2/19/2024 5:57:52 PM EDT
[#23]
Thanks for the info on the slide!
Link Posted: 2/19/2024 6:38:38 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 2/19/2024 6:39:38 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 2/23/2024 2:17:57 PM EDT
[#26]
I asked Dusty about the frame durability and longevity and he told me that they did an endurance test of the frame and stopped at about 10,000 rounds since nothing was breakingng and the frame basically still looked 100%.  He said these frames should last a long time.

I also also asked him about 43/38 single stack frames and he said the those could potentially be their next project.  They are weighing it against a G17 or Sig 365 compatible frames.
Link Posted: 2/23/2024 2:42:48 PM EDT
[#27]
I handled my buddy’s Grit Grip frame and it was nice. Side by side with a Dagger frame there were parts of each I preferred. It felt to be of at least equal quality and had a slightly more vertical grip angle. If they removed more of the rear hump it would be even better.
Link Posted: 2/23/2024 11:14:08 PM EDT
[#28]
Looks pretty decent.  

So this is a gen 3 frame that comes stripped other than an installed gen 4/5 style mag release?
Does it come with the spring installed for the mag release?
Link Posted: 2/23/2024 11:30:38 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By naes:
Looks pretty decent.  

So this is a gen 3 frame that comes stripped other than an installed gen 4/5 style mag release?
Does it come with the spring installed for the mag release?
View Quote
Yes
Link Posted: 2/24/2024 3:38:23 AM EDT
[#30]
It's available stripped and assembled.  Assembled is with all (or mostly) SCT parts.
Link Posted: 2/24/2024 11:38:05 PM EDT
[#31]
Great post. Thanks for sharing.  I have a GG19 frame on the way.
Link Posted: 2/25/2024 2:05:01 PM EDT
[#32]
These look very nice. Just ordered one.
Link Posted: 2/25/2024 3:07:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Yojimbo] [#33]
Put 500 rounds through my GG19 build today.  It ran like a sewing machine and I really like the ergos!  I shot a mix of 115gr fmj, 124gr +p an 147gr ammo.  This build is cleared for carry duty.

I’ll be getting at least two more GG19 frames and will be in for at least one GG 48 frame if they make it.
Link Posted: 2/26/2024 8:19:50 AM EDT
[#34]
I would have straightened the backstrap out, no hump, and radiused an area at the back of the trigger guard where the finger points towards the trigger, gives more clearance.   I don't see any real advantage with this frame over a factory frame.  

Sure they changed the grip angle slightly, but that isn't where the main Glock ergo issues are, at least for the majority of shooters.  

Here hoping for a 2.0 version.  

TXPO
Link Posted: 2/26/2024 9:48:24 AM EDT
[#35]
The texture where the web of your hand goes looks painful.
Link Posted: 2/26/2024 4:19:56 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By Texaspo:
I would have straightened the backstrap out, no hump, and radiused an area at the back of the trigger guard where the finger points towards the trigger, gives more clearance.   I don't see any real advantage with this frame over a factory frame.  

Sure they changed the grip angle slightly, but that isn't where the main Glock ergo issues are, at least for the majority of shooters.  

Here hoping for a 2.0 version.  

I would agree 100% on both points.

TXPO
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/26/2024 4:44:01 PM EDT
[#37]
I've yet to see an aftermarket frame that looks as good as a stock Glock. The only aftermarket ones that really nail it are Agency, and F that. Too $$$$ or too long of a wait.
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 5:16:55 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By ajacobs:
The texture where the web of your hand goes looks painful.
View Quote

You’re not wrong. I just got my frame yesterday and that is my one and only complaint. I’ll smooth it out. No biggie. I have to undercut stock Glock frames and that’s a lot more work.

I’ve had/have Combat Armory, SCT and Dagger frames. I like this better than the Dagger. Still haven’t decided about which I like better regarding the other 3.
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 7:36:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Yojimbo] [#39]
I put another 500 rounds down range today.  I went back and forth between the GG19 and the CA19.  

Some more observations...

I was also initially concerned about the extra texturing high up under the beaver tail.  The CA frame has no texturing in that area and while I prefer no texturing I can't say that the GG texturing has caused me any discomfort or any issues with acquiring a good grip during the draw stroke.

When going back and forth between the two guns, I will say the GG grip feels noticeably smaller than the CA grip which is basically the exact size/profile as the OEM Glock frame.  IMHO, the GG has an edge over the CA/Glock frame when it comes to ergonomics.  The CA grip has an edge if you want to use a magwell that works on OEM frames.  I am told that a magwell for the GG 19 frame is in the works.

The HS EPS and the titanium DPP RMR/EPS adapter plate combo has worked great.  I racked the EPS off the bench about 100 times and nothing got loose, broke and zero was maintained.  So far I am very pleased with my GG19 build.

Link Posted: 3/9/2024 1:20:46 PM EDT
[#40]
These GG frames look great and I like the G4 magazine release. I'll be getting a couple of these to build out. I'm thinking I'll use ZEV Duty series slides on them. I would love to see a 17 size and a 45 sized frame. A slimline frame, mainly a 43X with the light rail, would be a knockout success. Time will tell what else is made by this company, and I'll be watching with continued interest.
Link Posted: 4/7/2024 4:19:51 PM EDT
[#41]
Just placed an order for two of these with factory Glock internals. Excited to give them a try.
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 1:54:23 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By JBecker_72:
Just placed an order for two of these with factory Glock internals. Excited to give them a try.
View Quote

I snagged a gray with OEM Glock internals Friday before the 10% code expired.
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 8:11:00 AM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By DavidY:

I snagged a gray with OEM Glock internals Friday before the 10% code expired.
View Quote
I was a day late on that one, unfortunately.
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 9:45:52 AM EDT
[#44]
Attachment Attached File

I was shocked how nice it is for $115.
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 10:02:52 AM EDT
[#45]
View Quote
It's the easiest thing in the world to trim down a Glock 19 frame to 26
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 10:21:57 AM EDT
[#46]
Quick question on these, I'm assuming the magazine still feeds at the same angle as a Glock frame correct?
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 10:25:23 AM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By JBecker_72:
Quick question on these, I'm assuming the magazine still feeds at the same angle as a Glock frame correct?
View Quote
Important to feed it the same angle, that would be a major engineering faux pas.
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 10:32:19 AM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By Brawnydog:
Important to feed it the same angle, that would be a major engineering faux pas.
View Quote
I figured they would, but wasn't sure. Everyone seems to say these are very good frames and reliable.
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 1:37:36 PM EDT
[#49]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

26L?  Sure - any retard with a Dremel can do that

26X?  Not so much, or battlecock wouldn't be able to charge as much as he does for his.
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 1:40:29 PM EDT
[#50]
A 26X would be cool. I'm hoping GG makes a 19X gen 3 frame. Thats really what I'm after.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top