User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/7/2024 10:07:33 PM EDT
What gun?

Round count?

Overall impressions?
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 8:35:06 AM EDT
[Last Edit: The_Walrus] [#1]
Placeholder for my opinion later. Just got home from work and need sleep. Lol.

Mine *was* on my Staccato. Keyword- *was*.

Staccato w/ RCR

ETA: BLUF- I did not like the RCR and I believe the ACRO P2 is a far superior optic that is worth seeking out unless you're absolutely locked in to the RMR footprint.

I had 300 rounds behind it and it was enough that I decided to get rid of the RCR.

MY complaints-

- Has a VERY noticeable blue tint and has a fish eye effect.

- It WILL require new BUIS if you're using BUIS that were for an RMR. It has a taller front and rear deck. Your Ameriglo GL-429s now become 1/8 lower co-witness

- The mounting system is not confidence inspiring. Use a ton of loctite.

- The brightness buttons on mine were spongy and worse than any RMR I've ever used. Not tactile like my RMR HD.

The biggest complaint is the fish eye for me. I hate it.

I wanted to like the RCR so much, but I fell for the hype and maybe went in with higher expectations than I should have had. Truth is, it is simply an enclosed RMR without an auto-adjust. That's it. It's nothing revolutionary. It's merely an option for people who are absolutely married to the RMR footprint.

I think the ACRO is a superior optic due to its glass quality/lack of tint, the mounting system, and the adjustment buttons.
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 5:11:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Had one mounted on a staccato p for 1k rounds. Suffered zero issues with it. It performed like the RMRs I've been using for years. But like mentioned in the previous post, your irons aren't going to co witness. I wanted something that would co witness so ended up with an Acro P2 on the gun. So far it's working out really well.

My only complaint, beyond the aforementioned co witness, is a nit picking one. It looks dumb on anything you mount it to. Even on a Glock.
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 11:07:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Have two, one on a Staccato P and the other on a Staccato C2. Both work flawlessly. As others have said, the deck height is slightly higher than my RMR Type 2. I’m pleased with both, and have had both for around 3 months.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top