Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/5/2024 4:27:46 PM EDT
Thinking about a belly band for this summer's carry. Maybe.

Who carries one? Recommended brands?

Plus and minus of such a system? I've never tried one.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 4:32:14 PM EDT
[#1]
I use one when I go running without a ruck.

Aliengear belly band

I use it with a G19 with a TLR1. It doesn't bother me at all while I'm running. The draw is awkward and I hope I never get caught "slippin" as the cool kids say.
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 5:17:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: EdgecrusherXES] [#2]
I have the Clip and Carry Strapt-Tac Belly Band...  I like it because I can take a regular kydex holster and clip it into the belly band.  Something that always drove me nuts with other belly bands was they really had nothing to protect the trigger except a layer of fabric or neoprene.

You can also get it off Amazon or from them direct and it is really inexpensive.
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 9:10:24 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a left hand Bravo Belt belly band. The velcro end of the belt rides on my back which I find to be a dumb location. Right handers get the end of the belt in the front on the stomach where it belongs.

Except for that it is the most comfortable holster I've ever had.

I'd be tempted to try a Cross Breed belly band.
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 8:53:24 AM EDT
[#4]
I switched over to the crossbreed after using pistolwear's belly band. I like that the crossbreed takes kydex holsters for your gun and comes with 2 mag pockets and a cell pocket. Just make sure and buy the belt bigger than you think. It is supposed overlap the holster more to keep it tight. Too short and you don't have enough overlap. I am 34" waist and had to bump up to the medium even though it says small would work. Probably should have done large. I would have liked more velcro on it to give you more options for carry location. You can appendix, which I think was is its main design, but some times I wear it 4:00 and it puts the mags in a weird spot. Now days I just say F it and run with my hill people gear chest bag.
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 10:08:34 AM EDT
[#5]
Belly band= sweat ring.
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 11:26:42 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the replies!
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 11:43:44 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Joedirt199:
I switched over to the crossbreed after using pistolwear's belly band. I like that the crossbreed takes kydex holsters for your gun and comes with 2 mag pockets and a cell pocket. Just make sure and buy the belt bigger than you think. It is supposed overlap the holster more to keep it tight. Too short and you don't have enough overlap. I am 34" waist and had to bump up to the medium even though it says small would work. Probably should have done large. I would have liked more velcro on it to give you more options for carry location. You can appendix, which I think was is its main design, but some times I wear it 4:00 and it puts the mags in a weird spot. Now days I just say F it and run with my hill people gear chest bag.
View Quote

I like the crossbreed band too. Beware if left handed they can deliver a LH holster but the belt itself is universal so the mag pouches aren't too useful.
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 12:02:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Daltech Force SIDE LOADER belly band with the neoprene lining. No sweat and the butt of your gun goes comfortably and naturally above your “junk”
I’m 6’4”,260 lbs and carry everywhere. Most comfortable and well hidden option for me.
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 1:45:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By wookie1562:

I like the crossbreed band too. Beware if left handed they can deliver a LH holster but the belt itself is universal so the mag pouches aren't too useful.
View Quote

That's annoying.

Where does the velcro end of the belt land on the left hand version? On your back?
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 1:50:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By drobs:

That's annoying.

Where does the velcro end of the belt land on the left hand version? On your back?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

That's annoying.

Yep pretty much. I center the holster/gun on my stomach, cinch up the belt, then rotate the whole thing so it rides on the left side of my abdomen.

I considered flipping the band upside down but the pouches would be unusable. I suppose I could break out the sewing machine and get it to work with some light mods. That's a great idea actually.
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 2:27:10 PM EDT
[#11]
I use one when I run. Cheap one I got off Amazon. I carry a keltec 3at in it. Works well, but the draw is slow.

tradeoffs.
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 3:14:58 PM EDT
[#12]

Yep pretty much. I center the holster/gun on my stomach, cinch up the belt, then rotate the whole thing so it rides on the left side of my abdomen.

I considered flipping the band upside down but the pouches would be unusable. I suppose I could break out the sewing machine and get it to work with some light mods. That's a great idea actually.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

That's annoying.

Good to know & I had a feeling that was the case. Crossbreed is a Springfield Missouri based company and my plan was to stop by their facility and talk about a left handed belly band. I may still do that, and show them my Bravo belt and why I dont like it.

I suppose I could wear it cross draw but I would prefer not too.
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 3:31:27 PM EDT
[#13]
I use the ComforTac belly band off of Amazon. I bought one to try, then a couple more to put in rotation. It took 2-3 years to wear one out (lost its stretchiness). Primary use case was for running, secondary for wearing shorts or sweats. For running, a G43 was just fine on runs of up to 30+ miles. G19 was too heavy and caused chafing on shorter runs.
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 1:29:19 PM EDT
[#14]
I used to carry a LCR in a Crossbreed belly band while out running when I lived in downtown Houston. Just needed to make sure part of the grip was covered by the band to keep the grip from flopping while running. This concealed well under t-shirts.
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 1:33:08 PM EDT
[#15]
I'd rather use an Enigma or a Mastermind Tactics covert belt than a belly band of any kind.
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 1:41:59 PM EDT
[#16]
I have been using one of these in athletic shorts and sweatpants.. seems to work well.. no idea if you were to go for a run in it or whatever.

Leisure Carry

Think Neomag also made a version of the same concept as well.
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 3:26:32 PM EDT
[#17]
Used to, but in the summer/heat I've found a simple fanny-pack cross slung over the chest works best. Keys/wallet/flashlight/knife/gun, all in one easy to don/doff piece of kit that also keeps things inside clean/dry.
Yes of course -1 fast draw, but you weigh your situation and threat environment.

Hill People Gear (if you can find in stock has great stuff)
or Helikon Tex is a good brand as well (easier to find in stock and a wider selection of colors...)

This being said, if I had to choose a belly band, I would look into Can Can Concealment. The one that uses bra type closures and not velcro.
Link Posted: 3/16/2024 7:33:53 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By KillerBD:
Used to, but in the summer/heat I've found a simple fanny-pack cross slung over the chest works best. Keys/wallet/flashlight/knife/gun, all in one easy to don/doff piece of kit that also keeps things inside clean/dry.
Yes of course -1 fast draw, but you weigh your situation and threat environment.

Hill People Gear (if you can find in stock has great stuff)
or Helikon Tex is a good brand as well (easier to find in stock and a wider selection of colors...)

This being said, if I had to choose a belly band, I would look into Can Can Concealment. The one that uses bra type closures and not velcro.
View Quote

I considered a belly band and have carried a gun on my regular belt around my waist but ended up going in the same direction, though usually worn on my waist. Pockets in sweatpants and bball shorts are pretty awful for carrying anything other than a clipped knife or flashlight (and I find that better on the waistband). I bought a pair of 5.11 packs on a sale; wallet and SAK in the front pocket, gun and spare mag in the main pocket. The bags I have are pretty big, I'd get a Spiritus or the like if I needed to be more discreet.

I'm admittedly a fanny pack nerd but I think a good one is a useful thing to have outside of the above points. It can be a first aid bag, you can throw some stuff in for a short walk or hike,...
Link Posted: 3/17/2024 8:51:34 AM EDT
[#19]
Ive been using one for a few summers now. I like it.
Gun, reload, flashlight, knife and wallet.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 9:21:26 AM EDT
[#20]
Had a Banichi bellyband that I would wear around the waist under my shorts running with Smith 442.  Then it disappeared so after years made some bellybands for my Smith 442/G19 to use when running at home.  Back in December while home on leave I pulled out the bottom dresser drawer and there was the missing bellyband.
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 9:49:08 AM EDT
[#21]
Tried to like it but just too constricting and sweaty.
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 10:18:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: shwa] [#22]
https://3speedholster.com/

I tried elastic bellyband and it was unbearable. The 3speed is the way to go. It’s a quality product and same price as the alien gear above. They make it based on your measurements, gun, mag etc. Its custom.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 11:31:17 PM EDT
[#23]
Decided to try a Bravobelt, hopefully it will work out.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 4:08:49 PM EDT
[#24]
I use to have one along with a pair of "Thunderwear".

The belly band works as long as you don't overload it.  I imagine it works better for guys with a bit of a beer belly (which I don't have) so I found I had to really stretch it to stay put if I was physically active.

Thunderwear work like this ...

I'll let you work that one out.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 8:55:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: sandboxmedic] [#25]
Originally Posted By Vote4Cthulhu:
I use the ComforTac belly band off of Amazon. I bought one to try, then a couple more to put in rotation. It took 2-3 years to wear one out (lost its stretchiness). Primary use case was for running, secondary for wearing shorts or sweats. For running, a G43 was just fine on runs of up to 30+ miles. G19 was too heavy and caused chafing on shorter runs.
View Quote

I bought one of those to try while running based on the recommendations of some folks here but I accidentally ordered the wrong size and it's way too large so I've never used it.  Somehow I managed to set it aside and forgot to return it in time so now I'm stuck with the thing.    I've just stuck with wearing a fannypack/waistpack/whatever you want to call it.  

ETA- It does seem to be well made with no loose threads or anything and would probably be comfortable.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 9:10:08 PM EDT
[#26]
O.S.T.

Bigger_Hammer
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 10:25:51 AM EDT
[#27]
I impulse bought the VNSH belly band holster that used to be advertised on the book of faces.
Pleasantly surprised for what it is.
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 10:38:21 AM EDT
[#28]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top