Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/14/2022 7:43:30 PM EDT
I ran across one of these Bulgarian Arcus 94 single action compacts online and noticed the downswept beavertail. Years ago a member heated one up and bent it to a more traditional profile but, can anyone comment on if they are uncomfortable in stock form? Any input/experience on these would be appreciated.

Link Posted: 6/18/2023 12:28:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By Blitzkreig:
I ran across one of these Bulgarian Arcus 94 single action compacts online and noticed the downswept beavertail. Years ago a member heated one up and bent it to a more traditional profile but, can anyone comment on if they are uncomfortable in stock form? Any input/experience on these would be appreciated.

https://i.imgur.com/NzoIiDH.jpg
View Quote

Kind of a necropost here. I carry one of those, the 94C. It's been a great pistol with a lot of rounds through it. The bever tail is not something I've ever noticed while shooting it. I have fairly slim hands and standard BHP hammers don't bother me.
Link Posted: 8/6/2023 4:47:47 AM EDT
[#2]
I had one of those years ago and I did find the downward sweep of the beavertail to be bothersome to a degree. I liked it in theory since most Hi Powers bite me but in practice it felt weird. I handled one of the Girsan P35 OPS Hi Power clones the other day and that beavertail felt much better.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top