Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/17/2018 1:54:41 PM EDT
Like the title says.
Are they the same guns? Looking at the Remington R1 Recon Commander in 9mm with 18 rd capacity.
Link Posted: 12/17/2018 8:06:00 PM EDT
[#1]
I promised to stop saying bad things about Remington quality control.
So,
Link Posted: 12/17/2018 11:40:08 PM EDT
[#2]
I assume so.  Para bought by Freedom Group.  Remington owned by Freedom Group.  Remington introduces double stack 1911.

I briefly owned an R1, I thought it was a pretty good pistol.
Link Posted: 12/18/2018 12:37:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Based on the Para design but not an exact copy.  There are some minor changes to the frame though the biggest change is a new magazine body design.  I got a deal on my R1 Limited in 40 S&W.  Using it as my USPSA Limited rig.  Taylor Freelance is making compatible extensions.  I am getting, a loadable on a close slide, 20+1 capacity with factory body, spring and follower and the Freelance extensions.  I had to do just a little bit of polish/fitting around the breach face and extractor hook to get it to run 100%.  I have only shot a couple matches shot with it but so far so good.

Link Posted: 2/20/2019 12:46:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By mcb:
Based on the Para design but not an exact copy.  There are some minor changes to the frame though the biggest change is a new magazine body design.  I got a deal on my R1 Limited in 40 S&W.  Using it as my USPSA Limited rig.  Taylor Freelance is making compatible extensions.  I am getting, a loadable on a close slide, 20+1 capacity with factory body, spring and follower and the Freelance extensions.  I had to do just a little bit of polish/fitting around the breach face and extractor hook to get it to run 100%.  I have only shot a couple matches shot with it but so far so good.

https://i.imgur.com/KGzdSi9l.jpg
View Quote
Thank goodness for an improvement to mags I always felt Para needed that, the mags were horrible
Link Posted: 4/22/2020 1:07:19 PM EDT
[#5]
They look and seem to have the poor QC you would expect from para

I really hope they hold up better such a good idea that was not implemented well
Link Posted: 5/9/2020 9:08:43 PM EDT
[#6]
I have a both a double stack r1 and a para p14 both in 45 acp. The Remington mags fit in the para, match up perfectly. They hold 15 rounds, but the magazine is FULL with 15 rounds and you practically have to stand on the gun to get the magazine to seat with a full mag and the slide closed. So really 14+1.

The r1 has Checkering front strap, is made of stainless and has some flat black finish that seems to hold up well.

The r1 takes para barrels, grips. The r1 has Novak sights where the para has their own cut. I had the front para sight cut for a Novak but the rear has to remain a para.

My R1 is a tack driver, but I did have to replace the extractor as it was cut on an angle when installed. Also the accessory rail wasn't cut well and wouldnt hold my TLR-1, so i had to file it a bit. Like the frame moved when they were machining it or something. I hate that i had to do that to a 900 gun, but I don't mind tinkering a bit.

So to answer your question, it is basically a para with minor changes.
Link Posted: 5/9/2020 9:13:56 PM EDT
[#7]
I ordered another grip safety becuase I messed one up tinkering with it and the e-mail said para. I only talked to the Remington people.

This was January of 2020.

Attachment Attached File
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top