Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 9
Link Posted: 10/5/2021 2:34:02 AM EDT
[#1]
These pistols look very impressive. I really like the Zero 1. Makes me debate weather buying it or the Sig P226 MK25 first. I definitely want a Gen2 Delta after seeing James’s torture test.
Link Posted: 10/5/2021 1:04:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By RABIDFOX50:
These pistols look very impressive. I really like the Zero 1. Makes me debate weather buying it or the Sig P226 MK25 first. I definitely want a Gen2 Delta after seeing James’s torture test.
View Quote

WHich video do you mean?
Link Posted: 10/5/2021 4:58:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Ohio:

WHich video do you mean?
View Quote

The one at the top of page 4.  David
Link Posted: 10/7/2021 4:08:33 AM EDT
[Last Edit: RABIDFOX50] [#4]
Originally Posted By dwhitehorne:

The one at the top of page 4.  David
View Quote

Oops, yes that's the one. James also went to the Factory in Slovenia and has a video on TFBTV. Pretty state of the art manufacturing.
Link Posted: 10/7/2021 4:38:21 AM EDT
[#5]
After a fair amount of range time and a lot of dry-firing the trigger take up on my Gen 1 is still gritty AF and doesn't seem to have smoothed up much if at all. There seem to be two things causing this:

The safety plunger (firing pin/striker safety block)

The striker spring (when pulling the trigger the striker spring is being dragged along the firing pin channel)

I don't think there's anything that can be done about the safety plunger as you cannot remove it to polish it and/or replace spring with a lighter one unless you can remove the entire extractor assembly.

As for the striker spring a Glock-compatible replacement might help but I don't know what reduced weight spring I'd need to use.
Link Posted: 10/7/2021 9:42:28 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By ThePontificator:
After a fair amount of range time and a lot of dry-firing the trigger take up on my Gen 1 is still gritty AF and doesn't seem to have smoothed up much if at all. There seem to be two things causing this:

The striker spring (when pulling the trigger the striker spring is being dragged along the firing pin channel)

I don't think there's anything that can be done about the safety plunger as you cannot remove it to polish it and/or replace spring with a lighter one unless you can remove the entire extractor assembly.

As for the striker spring a Glock-compatible replacement might help but I don't know what reduced weight spring I'd need to use.
View Quote

DIY Trigger job on Arex Delta | Polenar Tactical
Link Posted: 10/7/2021 10:07:56 AM EDT
[#7]

View Quote

If you polish the striker you can get down to a 3# Glock spring for the striker.
Pull the chassis and polish all the contact points, especially where the metal rubs plastic. That's where the hitchy feel is.  You can polish in the striker channel if you like to really cut any drag.
If you have an optic ready version you can drop the extractor and polish the striker safety. Otherwise I don't know how to get the extractor out.
Link Posted: 10/7/2021 12:59:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By PFran42:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZ8S7lI_Q7U
View Quote

Thank you for posting this.
Link Posted: 10/7/2021 3:28:35 PM EDT
[#9]

View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Awesome, thank you for sharing this!
Link Posted: 10/7/2021 11:52:31 PM EDT
[#10]

Thank you for posting this.
View Quote

Originally Posted By RABIDFOX50:

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/6578B03F-C6AB-44D2-9829-8851B7318BE5-478.gif

Awesome, thank you for sharing this!
View Quote

No prob! Check my posts on page #3 to see how to take down the sear pack even further than the guy did in the video.
Link Posted: 10/8/2021 10:39:43 AM EDT
[#11]
I'd feel better if I had some assurance that the steel parts I'm thinking about sanding/polishing are...'rust resistant' vs. just blued steel.
Link Posted: 10/8/2021 2:19:37 PM EDT
[#12]
I'd feel better if I had some assurance that the steel parts I'm thinking about sanding/polishing are...'rust resistant' vs. just blued steel.
View Quote

Mine show no signs of corrosion, but I did oil them.
Link Posted: 10/8/2021 6:53:20 PM EDT
[#13]
I'll admit I did get fooled when the video "ended" prematurely.
Link Posted: 10/8/2021 10:08:01 PM EDT
[#14]
I polished the internals of my Arex Delta in May and have carried it every day all summer in a kydex IWB holster.  No signs of rust.  I did run a few mags threw it every week at work and would run a toothbrush over it before putting it back in the holster.  The finish on the Arex Delta striker seems very similar to my CZP10C.  David
Link Posted: 10/14/2021 4:06:57 PM EDT
[#15]

View Quote

The guys at Polenar Tactical are pretty funny in their videos.  They seem to have a lot of love for the AREX handguns.
Link Posted: 10/31/2021 9:11:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dwhitehorne] [#16]
Just another plug for Polenar tactical.  I recently traded a case of AK ammo for a Gen 1 Delta.  I looked on the Arex site and found that they won't ship the grips to the USA anymore.  I searched around for a few days and happened to find that Polenar tactical has a web store and they sell the grips.  I paid extra for the DHL shipping option but got my OD grip frame in about a week.  Very pleased with the grip as it came with all the backstraps and the roll pin in with the grip.  David

Link Posted: 11/1/2021 6:22:00 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By dwhitehorne:
Just another plug for Polenar tactical.  I recently traded a case of AK ammo for a Gen 1 Delta.  I looked on the Arex site and found that they won't ship the grips to the USA anymore.  I searched around for a few days and happened to find that Polenar tactical has a web store and they sell the grips.  I paid extra for the DHL shipping option but got my OD grip frame in about a week.  Very pleased with the grip as it came with all the backstraps and the roll pin in with the grip.  David

https://i.postimg.cc/BvYvqsww/IMG-20211031-211319-455.jpg
View Quote

@dwhitehorne

Did the magazine release already come installed?

Just curious...what was your total cost with DHL shipping?

I'm assuming that swapping out frames is simply a matter of driving out the two frame pins (coil pins), lifting out the entire "guts" then swapping them over into the new frame. Is this correct?
Link Posted: 11/1/2021 4:45:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dwhitehorne] [#18]
The grip came with the mag release and takedown lever installed.  All I had to do was put the back strap on.  You do just drive out the pins and lift the locking block and rear frame trigger housing up.  It was pretty easy and no springs went flying across the room.  

The grip was 40.90 with 21.57 for DHL shipping which came to about $86 USD.  They had a cheaper shipping option but I wanted to pay for the DHL tracking.  Also just to edit my above post.  The total turnaround from order to received was two weeks.  The OD green was on back order and shipped Wednesday the 27th and I had it on the gun Saturday.  Pretty quick shipping from Europe.  David
Link Posted: 11/5/2021 12:06:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ThePontificator] [#19]
I recently took the Delta out to the range for some more wringing out and afterwards gave the slide a thorough cleaning with M Pro-7 (Hoppes Elite). Afterwards I noticed that the gritty draggy trigger pre-travel had been reduced somewhat pleasantly.

I am convinced that the firing pin safety dragging against the slide where the two parts mate is the main source of this trigger issue. Using some Hoppe's lubricating oil (needle bottle) I was able to put some pinpoint lubrication where it was needed.

If only I could remove the extractor so I could get in there and polish the areas that need polishing. As it's a Gen 1 that extractor's not coming out.

Next cleaning session I'm going to use SLIP2000 AWL to lubricate.
Link Posted: 11/5/2021 9:34:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dwhitehorne] [#20]
The needle bottle is the greatest to me.  When I first got my Delta I put a couple of generous drops of lube on the striker safety with the slide upside down.  Then I took a straightened out paper clip and worked the safety plunger up and down a few dozen times.  That seemed to help out to me.  David
Link Posted: 11/14/2021 4:49:49 PM EDT
[#21]
Would like to see mfrs. of both holsters and night sights get on the REX Delta bandwagon. Unfortunately, I'm not seeing this happening any time soon. The pistol is just not "popular" enough.
Link Posted: 11/14/2021 5:11:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dwhitehorne] [#22]
Yes I wonder about the popularity.  The "M" $415 where I work but when I mention it to people they are always looking for a G19 or G43 size.

As for the holsters.  Every cheap eBay kydex iwb and owb holster I have for my Glock 19 and polymer 80 works fine with my two Delta M models so I never have really looked for a specific Arex holster.  I would guess if someone ordered an Arex Delta holster and a vendor knew the Glock 19 version would fit perfectly, the vendor would still probably get some people complaining that it's not somehow a perfect fit.  David
Link Posted: 11/14/2021 6:45:54 PM EDT
[#23]
Would like to see mfrs. of both holsters and night sights get on the REX Delta bandwagon. Unfortunately, I'm not seeing this happening any time soon. The pistol is just not "popular" enough.
View Quote

They use existing sight patterns; no need to set up a new pattern. They are already on the shelves.
Link Posted: 11/14/2021 11:21:51 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Ohio:

They use existing sight patterns; no need to set up a new pattern. They are already on the shelves.
View Quote

What existing sight patterns are they using? Some say it's SIG others say it's XD/XDM.
Link Posted: 11/14/2021 11:35:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Ohio] [#25]

What existing sight patterns are they using? Some say it's SIG others say it's XD/XDM.
View Quote

I have used the XDM sights on my Gen 1 and they worked. I don't think they changed them.
I'm asking on the FB group for verification from someone that has actually done it. I'll let you know what I hear.

Holsters: I have had luck with most Glock holsters, but ones with adjustable retention work better because you can tighten in on the slimmer Arex.
Link Posted: 11/14/2021 11:42:16 PM EDT
[#26]

View Quote

Gen 1 are Springfield XD pattern, Gen 2 are SIG P320 pattern.  I run Dawson P320 sights on my Gen 2.  They fit perfectly.
Link Posted: 11/15/2021 12:07:46 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Ohio] [#27]
Answers I have gotten:

Brad NNNN

I used FN 509 sights on mine and it worked perfectly. The dove tail on the Sig P320/P22 series is the same dove tail.
If you go look at the night fission website you will see their model for Sig is the same as FN and for XD’s.

Brad XXX (different Brad)
Any sig sight works
Link Posted: 11/15/2021 12:09:14 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By Dr_Nimslow:

Gen 1 are Springfield XD pattern, Gen 2 are SIG P320 pattern.  I run Dawson P320 sights on my Gen 2.  They fit perfectly.
View Quote

I like Dawson FO front sights. I put a 320 front on my IWI Masada too, worked perfectly. Fixed the low impact problem as well.
Link Posted: 11/18/2021 5:43:17 AM EDT
[#29]
Arex Delta gen 2 | Full Review

Link Posted: 11/18/2021 5:49:58 AM EDT
[#30]
Took my Gen1 out for a little range fun earlier this week.

I only shot 50 rounds through it (I was on a mission to collect range brass vs. shoot much) but the trigger is starting to get really sweet.

Still on the fence about buying a Gen 2 grip frame for it. Given the current political/military situation in Eastern Europe/Belarus if I'm going to do this I need to move on it.
Link Posted: 11/18/2021 8:40:51 AM EDT
[#31]
Took my Gen1 out for a little range fun earlier this week.

I only shot 50 rounds through it (I was on a mission to collect range brass vs. shoot much) but the trigger is starting to get really sweet.

Still on the fence about buying a Gen 2 grip frame for it. Given the current political/military situation in Eastern Europe/Belarus if I'm going to do this I need to move on it.
View Quote

Slovenia should be OK. No one is invading Austria or Hungary anytime soon, Belarus is on the other side.
Link Posted: 11/23/2021 8:38:18 PM EDT
[#32]
Took the Delta G1 out to the range this morning. COLD...and breezy so I didn't stay long put a half a box of ammo through it doing some very focused practice at 15 yards.

Trigger has definitely improved with use. I have not cleaned nor lubricated it after the past two range visits other than run a Bore-Nado through the barrel and over the feed ramp.
Link Posted: 11/30/2021 3:01:33 PM EDT
[#33]
Again this morning another 50-rd range session with 125gr RN The Blue Bullets with 5.0gr Alliant Power Pistol COAL 1.130"

Trigger just keeps getting better and better. I wish I could say the same for that annoying front sight. Looks like a half-moon due to the white dot being recessed.
Link Posted: 11/30/2021 3:04:25 PM EDT
[#34]
Again this morning another 50-rd range session with 125gr RN The Blue Bullets with 5.0gr Alliant Power Pistol COAL 1.130"

Trigger just keeps getting better and better. I wish I could say the same for that annoying front sight. Looks like a half-moon due to the white dot being recessed.
View Quote

They are better than Glock stock sights, barely.
Definitely candidates for replacement.
Link Posted: 11/30/2021 4:24:39 PM EDT
[#35]
I took finger nail polish and filled in the hole on the front sight.  It took a few layers and is basically flush enough to just wipe clean now.  I got tired of tearing apart Qtips to be able to clean down in the recess of the front sight.  David
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 10:23:32 AM EDT
[#36]
Did a quickie range trip yesterday morning: the Delta and 50 rds of 9mm RN (TBB 125gr 5.0gr PP COAL 1.130")

This was slow and accurate at 15 yards. Punched out a 2" diameter hole dead center and stopped shooting after 38 rounds because I was putting each shot through the empty hole in the paper with only 3 minor flyers.

I need to find a plate machine and do some speed drills.

Link Posted: 12/3/2021 3:03:54 PM EDT
[#37]
Did a quickie range trip yesterday morning: the Delta and 50 rds of 9mm RN (TBB 125gr 5.0gr PP COAL 1.130")

This was slow and accurate at 15 yards. Punched out a 2" diameter hole dead center and stopped shooting after 38 rounds because I was putting each shot through the empty hole in the paper with only 3 minor flyers.

I need to find a plate machine and do some speed drills.

View Quote

Tell us about how the trigger is continually getting better.

Mine is at the point where it is my favorite HD trigger on any pistol I have ever owned.
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 5:01:41 PM EDT
[#38]

Tell us about how the trigger is continually getting better.

Mine is at the point where it is my favorite HD trigger on any pistol I have ever owned.
View Quote

OK!

HEY! THE TRIGGER IS CONTINUALLY GETTING BETTER!!!

Putting oil on the firing pin safety (both parts) and letting it seep down into the slide completely got rid of that draggy stuff during trigger take-up.
Link Posted: 12/14/2021 12:10:58 AM EDT
[#39]
The Top 5 Underrated Guns [2021 Edition]
Link Posted: 12/14/2021 8:26:31 AM EDT
[#40]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lshIOipb0Lc
View Quote

I own three of these and want a Mini-14.
Link Posted: 12/15/2021 9:25:12 AM EDT
[#41]
Been looking for an Adidas tracksuit to wear at the range when shooting the Delta.

Cannot find one in XXXXL, though.

(OK, I'm really not that big I swear it!)
Link Posted: 12/16/2021 12:06:58 PM EDT
[#42]
Just picked up another ARex. This one is the Delta M Optics Ready model. Gunprime has them for $349.00.

This has got to be the best price/performance ratio for a pistol that is ready to go out of the gate.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/24/2021 1:27:19 AM EDT
[#43]
Thursday afternoon was spent at the DNR range putting a little lead downrange, brass ratting, and general bullshitting with folks. I brought along the Delta and let anyone who wanted to shoot it have a go (their factory ammo, of course).

Everyone seemed to like it esp. the trigger.

Link Posted: 12/30/2021 8:47:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Advance] [#44]
Metal optic mounting plates for RMR/HS507C or 407K/507K.

https://www.calculatedkinetics.us/products/arex-delta-gen-2-optic-plate

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 12/30/2021 9:06:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Advance] [#45]
Speaking to Calculated Kinetics now... It looks like these plates will come with the following:

"2 sets of screws m3 X 8 and m3 X 10, plus the 4 m3 X 6" (for use with the stock plates)

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 12/30/2021 10:03:08 PM EDT
[#46]
Thursday afternoon was spent at the DNR range putting a little lead downrange, brass ratting, and general bullshitting with folks. I brought along the Delta and let anyone who wanted to shoot it have a go (their factory ammo, of course).

Everyone seemed to like it esp. the trigger.

View Quote

Did many of them ever recognize the brand?
Link Posted: 12/31/2021 12:06:42 AM EDT
[#47]
Nope.
Link Posted: 1/1/2022 9:28:49 AM EDT
[Last Edit: dwhitehorne] [#48]

Anyone see the need for one of these aluminum mounting plates?  I've been running my Arex with a 407 and 507k for about a year with the factory set up without issue.  I carry it everyday and usually shoot about ever 2 weeks.  I might have 1000 rounds through it so far.  I did switch from a 507k to a 407k a few months ago so I pulled the plate apart and looked at it.  I didn't see any concern.  I'm wondering if an aluminum plate with aluminum threads is actually better than a plastic plate with steel inserts.  David
Link Posted: 1/19/2022 1:43:31 PM EDT
[#49]
Where’s a reliable place for spare parts?
Link Posted: 1/19/2022 2:20:43 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By Truchas:
Where’s a reliable place for spare parts?
View Quote

https://www.arex-store.si/delta-gen2-parts

Page / 9
Top Top