Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/21/2023 4:20:55 AM EDT
Been bugging and bugging Crimson Trace for years now with a dedicated campaign on resurrecting the vertec laser grips and it is always we will take it under advisement.

I mean for the 92 series, the vertec frame is dominate and there is nothing to stop it compared to the full frame.

So why is Crimson Trace admitent on not making the vertec frame?

I think it has to do with Smith and Wesson and they do own CTC and they are preventing it due to marketing.

Is it a vast conspiracy or is laser grips going out of fashion?

I managed to find one at a pawn shop but sure wish they could make more.
Link Posted: 12/21/2023 5:29:07 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/21/2023 10:49:21 AM EDT
[#2]
Were laser grips ever a serious accessory?

I see Crimson Trace and I "pass" in my head before I waste more time.
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 8:12:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Jozsi:
Is it a vast conspiracy or is laser grips going out of fashion?
View Quote
They're going out of fashion, that's why Crimson Trace is trying to branch out into other croweded markets, rather than limit themselves to a dying one.

That being said, laser grips are still an incredibly useful training aid.
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 9:55:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By NotIssued:
View Quote
Yes.

The SEALs actually had Crimson Trace make a dual IR/vis laser grip for their P226 pistols (back when they used those).

Prior to reliable micro RDSs, lasers were the best way to aim in the dark with NODs (or without) and there's nothing wrong with having them on the grip, if it holds zero, especially during a time when WML tech was being upgraded more frequently than laser tech. I didn't use those P226 grips, but I heard they were pretty good.
Link Posted: 12/23/2023 1:09:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By KILLERB6:
IMO:  RDSs are becoming the thing; who needs/wants two red dots?
View Quote

People stuck in the Marxist Fabian hell that is Washington state. Firearms over 10 rounds is considered an assault weapon and are verboten.
So people like me with a vertec gripped Beretta 92 without a RDO cut slide are SOL, the next worse option are laser grips.

Link Posted: 12/26/2023 10:11:04 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By KitBuilder:
Yes.

The SEALs actually had Crimson Trace make a dual IR/vis laser grip for their P226 pistols (back when they used those).

Prior to reliable micro RDSs, lasers were the best way to aim in the dark with NODs (or without) and there's nothing wrong with having them on the grip, if it holds zero, especially during a time when WML tech was being upgraded more frequently than laser tech. I didn't use those P226 grips, but I heard they were pretty good.
View Quote

I guess NODs make sense, though I'd debate the rest of the "best way to aim" statement.

Regardless, thanks for the history lesson.
Link Posted: 12/28/2023 9:00:42 PM EDT
[#7]
With the threaded Model 21s out now it would be nice if they brought back the grips for those. Great way to aim with a can.
Link Posted: 12/28/2023 10:26:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By 21usernamechecksout:

People stuck in the Marxist Fabian hell that is Washington state. Firearms over 10 rounds is considered an assault weapon and are verboten.
So people like me with a vertec gripped Beretta 92 without a RDO cut slide are SOL, the next worse option are laser grips.

View Quote

Getting your side milled or buying a slide from LTT is an option.  Probably cheaper than buying gimmicky crimson trace grips.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 2:16:36 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By PRYDE:

Getting your side milled or buying a slide from LTT is an option.  Probably cheaper than buying gimmicky crimson trace grips.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 21usernamechecksout:

They can't send parts to WA.

Link Posted: 12/31/2023 2:24:47 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Jozsi] [#10]
Yes.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By NotIssued:
Yes.

My Mil/LEO manager when I was working as a booth babe for the trade shows for Crimson Trace, worked with the SEAL teams that wanted it and that was really a fun fun project. But according to after action reports from the teams, they weren't happy with what they were allowed to use.

One told me that the setup worked fine on their Mk25 but it was a disaster on one mission where they had to take out dogs and sentries.

He told me he fired and did a good head shot on a dog and it yapped yapped really loudly for several seconds, he shot it again and it was still yapping and crying very loudly and it alerted the compound people.
With a can and nods and the laser grips, yeah it worked but with ball ammunition, it was a disaster.

Not sure what they did afterwards but the dual mode Sig and Beretta was REALLY REALLY popular with a lot of units.

Attachment Attached File

I think my only souvenirs of my time at CTC is that US logoed grips I got and also the same for the Mk25 grips.
Link Posted: 1/2/2024 8:38:12 PM EDT
[#11]

View Quote

I don't see anything on their website that shows they can't ship to WA.
Link Posted: 1/6/2024 5:54:18 AM EDT
[#12]

View All Quotes

WA DOJ has gone after companies that shipped gun parts they consider assault weapons or makes them icky.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top