BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Asked to leave! (Page 1 of 3)
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 10/20/2022 5:20:14 PM EDT
Hi to all,  

1.  Has anyone ever been asked to leave a business because it was discovered you were lawfully carrying concealed.    I place where the is no law against carrying but the owner or manager asked to to step out because of the firearm.

2.  Have you ever been asked to leave or remove a concealed firearm from a friend or family members home because of their beliefs.

3.  How did you respond in each situation.

thanks
mac
Link Posted: 10/20/2022 5:35:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TNZ71] [#1]
Building owner / Business Manager holds all the authority to ask you to leave. Myself and a group of friends were asked to leave a restaurant in Arkansas because a Buddy had his in a shoulder holster. You must leave or that constitutes trespass. In some states armed trespass a degree higher.

eta- Never from friend or family home.
Link Posted: 10/20/2022 5:41:45 PM EDT
[#2]
No to #1, and was never discovered.

No to #2 because I don't have anti 2A friends and family.

With respect to in-laws, concealed is concealed.  
Link Posted: 10/20/2022 5:45:33 PM EDT
[#3]
1. No, never discovered

2. No, see 1.

3.  Will assume this how WOULD I respond...I'd abide by their request politely and as quickly as convenient and safe. Like arguing with police that 'I didn't do anything', it's not the time to try to make some eloquent case, argue, etc. Be professional and be polite.
Link Posted: 10/20/2022 5:49:43 PM EDT
[#4]
No more business for them
Link Posted: 10/20/2022 6:00:58 PM EDT
[#5]
No to both because I know how to conceal.
Link Posted: 10/20/2022 7:29:27 PM EDT
[#6]
I carry iwb concealed, no one has ever noticed of if they did, didn't say a word.    if I was asked to leave, I'd pay for what I consumed, get a refund for what I hadn't, and leave never to come back.
Link Posted: 10/20/2022 9:38:20 PM EDT
[#7]
thanks to all

Never had a business ask me to leave.  I have had a family member ask me to not come to their home armed.    Don't see them much anymore,  our politics  don't seem to agree anymore.

be safe.
mac
Link Posted: 10/20/2022 9:50:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Concealed mean concealed!
Link Posted: 10/20/2022 10:33:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By madmac58:
Hi to all,  

1.  Has anyone ever been asked to leave a business because it was discovered you were lawfully carrying concealed.    I place where the is no law against carrying but the owner or manager asked to to step out because of the firearm.

2.  Have you ever been asked to leave or remove a concealed firearm from a friend or family members home because of their beliefs.

thanks
mac
View Quote

1&2)   No,   I haven't been made because I work at concealing when I conceal carry.

3) I would respect the property owners' wishes and leave.   Then I would go home to re-evaluate my concealment skills, fix my failings,  and would decline all future invitations to these anti-gun friends and family homes.
Link Posted: 10/20/2022 10:35:31 PM EDT
[#10]
13'er thread
Link Posted: 10/20/2022 10:36:13 PM EDT
[#11]
if asked  politely to leave i will just leave and then blast them on social media.  it is their business and have rights. just like i have a right to leave  feedback on social media and review sites.
Link Posted: 10/21/2022 9:05:29 AM EDT
[#12]
Nope.
Link Posted: 10/21/2022 9:23:06 AM EDT
[#13]
Concealed means concealed.

But if I was asked to leave, I would.  In MI the person responsible for the property has the right to ask you to leave.  
Why argue when you know you're going to lose?  Ultimately they can call the police and have you trespassed.  
Link Posted: 10/21/2022 9:54:22 AM EDT
[#14]
Politely and quickly leave.

Redo your ability to conceal, it sounds lacking.

For very deep concealment consider a holster shirt from Kramer Leather or 5.11

Nobody will ever see that unless you get arrested or end up in an ambulance.
Link Posted: 10/21/2022 10:34:24 AM EDT
[#15]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By xanadu:
13'er thread
View Quote

Based on post count and OP questions I would have guessed 21'er.
Low post count for 9 years.

Most businesses have a sign if they don't want you there carrying.
Link Posted: 10/22/2022 3:17:11 PM EDT
[#16]
No, I've never been asked to leave because someone noticed I was carrying.

I dress for concealment, which means loose fit untucked shirt with print or pattern. I carry AIWB and so even if I'm seated on a stool and someone was looking to see if I was printing they ain't gonna see crap; I avoid printing like poison ivy or hemorrhoids, that's just me.

Asked to leave someone's house? No.
If they knew I carried and didn't want me to carry in their house then depending on my interest in getting together with them I'd suggest meeting at a restaurant or coming to my house (either way I'm carrying) instead. What I would not do is go to their house unarmed (principle is reason enough) and I'd happily tell them so.

Wife's sister is not a gun person; her and her husband have been to our house several times and never asked about carrying, which I always am. I wish someone would give me the ultimatum that I not carry around them, I'm not that social.
Link Posted: 10/22/2022 3:41:39 PM EDT
[#17]
No never asked.

That said.

I was in a grocery store and IWB carrying under my T shirt.   There was a lady and guessing her 10 or 12 YO boy standing next to me in an aisle.   I reached up to grab something my shirt btm came up and exposed the gun.  The little boy saw it and said look mom he has a gun.    She said it's ok he's an idiot.   I just smiled at her and said, you would feel different about it if there was an active shooter in the store and just walked away.
Link Posted: 10/22/2022 4:41:26 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 10/23/2022 11:01:18 AM EDT
[#19]
No, never been asked at all in any location.
You can sometimes see a bulge under my shirt, but I don't worry about it, and I do reside in a very carry friendly State.

My Dr. has a no guns sign displayed {medical group policy} so I do honor that by pocket carrying a j frame only.
Link Posted: 10/25/2022 12:02:40 AM EDT
[#20]
Private property rules all. I’d leave and they’d not get my business again. No fuss, just leave politely.

I’ve never been in that situation though
Link Posted: 10/27/2022 10:12:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: C10] [#21]
Not concealed, but the only time was when I was with my brother, mid 2000s, and we brought a shotgun into the store to get shells on the way to our shooting spot. Perfectly reasonable vs. leaving it in the car, right? I think one of us just went back to the car with it and the other got the shells anyway. Store staff was very polite.

I was surprised because not long before that, Dad would open carry everywhere including the bank. Our town was changing.

I've only consistently been carrying conceled for a short time, but honestly doubt anyone's noticed so far. I'm sure there will be a first time someday, in which case I would prefer to leave politely and take my business elsewhere.

At other peoples' houses? Nah, I ask where I may put my gun if I want to take it off . However I haven't been into an anti-gun household that I know of since I've had any reason to worry about it.
Link Posted: 10/27/2022 10:32:04 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By QCMGR:
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/31/2022 4:04:55 PM EDT
[#23]
#1 No.
#2 No.
#3 I would be respectful, and leave after politely informing the business / family member that I respect their position and am complying but my opinion is vastly different so I will not be returning.

I also don't support business with "NO GUN" signs.  I do occasionally shop at a store that has a "no OPEN carry" sign.  I respect their balanced approach.  If you want to carry you can, but just conceal it so the sheeple don't bleet and poop on the floor out of sheeple fear.
Link Posted: 10/31/2022 4:09:17 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 11/1/2022 3:22:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GaryT1776] [#25]
Originally Posted By NvrBrdWes:
I was asked through my wife not to carry in the home of one of her siblings.

I figure if they arent man enough to talk to me, they arent man enough to have their wishes respected.

I also havent returned to their home since then....
View Quote

I would not return.

Link Posted: 11/2/2022 4:15:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: gunnut284] [#26]
Yes (twice, unexpected metal detectors) and I left. I wrote management afterwards both times and received apologies.

No and I just wouldn’t go back.
Link Posted: 11/2/2022 5:45:06 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By gunnut284:
Yes (twice, unexpected metal detectors) and I left. I wrote management afterwards both times and received apologies.

No and I just wouldn’t go back.
View Quote

If you got an apology in writhing then i would print it out  and go back just to prove a point, unless they said in the letter they will not allow customers to carry in the place.
Link Posted: 11/3/2022 7:25:12 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By xanadu:
13'er thread
View Quote

Some of the 20'er, 21'er & 22'er members these days make the "13'ers" look like MENSA members ...

No, I've never been asked to leave when carrying but I do keep it concealed.

There are some places in Texas that "Open Carry" is specifically prohibited by the Company (Wal-Mart, Whataburger, HEB, Johnson Space Center Credit Union, ...)

In which case I just emptied my holster and switched over to a concealed carry mode.  Their roof = their rules & often the people who set that policy aren't the ones people fly off & shout at.

I've not had any issues with my friends, relatives or in-laws, (mainly because the in-laws are pushing up daisy's!) & my relatives & friends appreciate that I am both "discrete" & safe.

Bigger_Hammer
Link Posted: 11/4/2022 12:30:26 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Bigger_Hammer:

Some of the 20'er, 21'er & 22'er members these days make the "13'ers" look like MENSA members ...

No, I've never been asked to leave when carrying but I do keep it concealed.

There are some places in Texas that "Open Carry" is specifically prohibited by the Company (Wal-Mart, Whataburger, HEB, Johnson Space Center Credit Union, ...)

In which case I just emptied my holster and switched over to a concealed carry mode.  Their roof = their rules & often the people who set that policy aren't the ones people fly off & shout at.

I've not had any issues with my friends, relatives or in-laws, (mainly because the in-laws are pushing up daisy's!) & my relatives & friends appreciate that I am both "discrete" & safe.

Bigger_Hammer
View Quote

What is a 13'er?  ... and a 20'er, 21'er, 22'er?
Link Posted: 11/4/2022 12:39:32 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By GaryT1776:

What is a 13'er?  ... and a 20'er, 21'er, 22'er?
View Quote

Join date. For awhile, the people that joined in 2013 were assumed to be abysmally stupid, and it has now become the ARFisim du jour to reference a recent join date as the reason that a poster posts something that the mainstream does not agree with.
Link Posted: 11/4/2022 12:44:08 PM EDT
[#31]
Nope, never
Link Posted: 11/4/2022 1:37:19 PM EDT
[#32]
1) Kinda Yes: Co-worker found out I carried. 'OMG you carry a gun, at work!?' Initially I told him it's my Right to do whatever I want, and I was in-fact fully within the Law of my state to carry @work or not.

That was day 1 when he found out, day 2:

He was still quite bothered and decided to 'push' the topic once again: but I simply asked if he also chastises police/LE types for carrying guns as well? "Well no..." I explained the simple logic: They have guns because the nature of their job can involve dangerous criminals, hence guns for self-defense. Not to mention, usually the first victims of violent crime tend to be helpless/unarmed/unsuspecting-victims. While I recognize the odds of me needing a gun at work/gas-station/store/getting-mail/etc are slim, I would rather keep a simple life-saving tool on me and never need it, rather than NEED IT only once, yet not have it...

Later on he even admitted to wanting to get his own handgun to carry/conceal as well, he did have a CCW permit and was a hunter. Have had a few conversations since being 'found out' and he's actually flipped his thinking a little, is more open to the idea of getting a carry-gun. But, his main problem is the 'wife doesn't like guns' so he's pu$$ied out of trying to purchase one.

This was about 2-3 years ago now^

FYI, I'm a youngster compared to this old-salt co-worker. We've also had some 'spirited disagreements' about politics and such. I lean Right he's more of a Lefty type (especially anti-Trump). Not that this matters precisely with this topic. But yes, being 'made' or found out, can happen. Not going into extreme detail, but some of us work jobs that require climbing under/into machinery, getting dirty, doing a lot of physical work. So as much as I tend to agree with the mentality of carry IWB/AIWB/OWB with a gun-carrying belt, nice loose-fitting t-shirt or button-down, etc... Sometimes you simply can't. What/how/where I carry on the weekends cannot be done while at work. While 99% of the people I work with don't know or notice, one did. It just so happened to be while I was training him on how to clean a piece of equipment when he noticed 'something' and I could already see the concerned look on his face...

-Honorable mention to the George Flyod 'fiery but mostly peaceful protests' for reinforcing my pro-2A stance. Even though aforementioned co-worker leans lefty, he isn't full leftard, he still notices the obvious up-tick in crime/violence. He even told me when the 'protests' were getting extra spicy (2020 timeframe) he kept his shotguns loaded and ready at home. Granted he lives out in the country where nothing is likely to happen. But especially since all the wonderful happenings over the last few years, he's never bothered me about what I choose to do. In fact he's more open to conceal-carry now than ever before.
Link Posted: 11/5/2022 12:29:36 AM EDT
[Last Edit: CherokeeGunslinger] [#33]
Originally Posted By Bigger_Hammer:
Bigger_Hammer
View Quote

As a 22'er myself, I actually have to agree. Seeing the shit that 20'ers, 21'ers and other 22'ers post often makes me cringe.

I didn't like the skepticism I've encountered at first, but I've grown to understand and accept it.
Link Posted: 11/6/2022 6:34:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GaryT1776] [#34]
Originally Posted By Kitulu:

Join date. For awhile, the people that joined in 2013 were assumed to be abysmally stupid, and it has now become the ARFisim du jour to reference a recent join date as the reason that a poster posts something that the mainstream does not agree with.
View Quote

Agh, that makes sense.  I definitely see the general lack of maturity, sensibility, and lacking of knowledge base the “newer” members usually exhibit (all the while espousing the superiority of their opinions … merited on the fact the FEEL that way).

As an earlier Gen-Xr I struggle with acceptance of Millennial attitudes.

ETA:  if everyone acted with a modicum of decorum and respect it would greatly enhance the experience here and everywhere else.
Link Posted: 11/7/2022 6:30:13 PM EDT
[#35]
1) One time, right after Covid restrictions had lifted, went to a concert with my wife, and when we got inside, they had metal detectors for the first time in my decades of going there.  The "insulin pump trick" did not work.  

2) Never

3) Went back to the car, put gun in lock box, locked everything back up, went back inside.  I was already there, and she loves that damn band.  No more concert attendance at that location.  

Link Posted: 11/8/2022 12:51:32 PM EDT
[#36]
Never been made.  If metal detectors at location, it’s unlawful by statute, so I either leave it, or avoid it.
Link Posted: 11/8/2022 12:56:11 PM EDT
[#37]
I live in NY welcome to the shitshow
Link Posted: 2/18/2023 3:32:03 PM EDT
[#38]
I was working an off duty security job in Jeans and a button down with gun and badge displayed. I went to get lunch at an HEB when the cashier began to have a bitch fit telling me that I couldn't have a pistol out of uniform. Asked him if he was going to check me out or call the police, but make up his mind quick.  The male in comfortable shoes was very butthurt by my response.
Link Posted: 2/18/2023 4:53:41 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By mustb123:
I went to an Octoberfest/car show today. They had some $3/hr security personnel with hand held detectors and another with a stick, to poke around in the womenz bags. The obligatory fat deputy was sitting under an awning, about 30’ away. Anyway, when it was my turn I stepped up with no concerns, because I had observed that they were waving the wand only around the belt area, which would not note my P365. Anyway, the guy says I need to show him my knife, that was clipped to my front pocket. I did. He says go ahead in, we only care if the blade is longer than 6”. No clue what that was about, but we had a good time at the event.
View Quote

Obviously because you can't do any significant damage with a blade that is less than 6"...duh!
Link Posted: 2/18/2023 5:20:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: KitBuilder] [#40]
Originally Posted By Ambridge77:
No to #1, and was never discovered.
No to #2 because I don't have anti 2A friends and family.
View Quote
This.
know how to conceal and you'll be fine.

I've even gotten into places with metal detectors because their security sucked.
I don't recommend trying that, but showing my LE credentials is Plan B (off duty).

I try to get intel on their security/screening prior to arrival, but that info is hard to obtain sometimes.

A typical worst-case scenario (down south in my AO) is you get asked to go secure it elsewhere. (Most places won't hold it for you - no lockboxes typically.)

You could also be "trespassed" off the property, but I've only seen that happen to people acting like jackasses (who just happened to also be armed).
Link Posted: 2/18/2023 6:46:35 PM EDT
[#41]
In decades of CCW I have never been outed, asked to leave, or asked for either a badge or a permit to carry.   I guess I'm good at keeping it concealed..and that is a full size, duty type pistol like a 1911 commander or Glock 19.
Link Posted: 2/18/2023 6:53:57 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By Kitulu:

Obviously because you can't do any significant damage with a blade that is less than 6"...duh!
View Quote

I work in surgery and most of our work involves using what is referred to as a #10 blade- about 1&1/2” long. With the exception of cutting the bone, a below knee amputation can be accomplished rather quickly with that tiny blade - if you know how to use it.
Link Posted: 2/18/2023 9:29:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CherokeeGunslinger] [#43]
I never did answer the questions you presented.

1. I've never been discovered carrying, and I've carried in plenty of posted premises (quick disclaimer, I don't endorse it nor do I encourage anyone to do that).

2. See #1.

3. See #1.

Both of my brothers know I conceal carry, as do my parents and some old neighbors. Nobody really cares. My younger brother (ten years older than me) doesn't want anyone else in his house (wife and two kids, sometimes the wife's grandmother) to know I'm carrying in their house.
Link Posted: 2/19/2023 4:31:36 AM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By QCMGR:
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/19/2023 9:07:24 AM EDT
[Last Edit: SM0KESCREEN] [#45]
Never while concealed but twice while open carrying.

I was working a bodyguarding gig and decided to stop for a bottle of water before meeting with a client. It was hot that day and took my jacket off while I was driving. I hopped out to run into a convenience store. I grabbed my bottle of water and went to the counter to pay, only to realize no one was in sight. After standing there a minute... A younger kid came out of the coolers to let me know the clerk had run and locked herself in the back office until I left... Apparently, she had been robbed recently and was now "terrified" of people with guns . I wanted to ask if the help she called after the robbery had guns. I wasn't trying to be a dick, so I just left.

The second time was pretty similar. Needed gas on my way home and stopped at a gas station... The card reader at the pump wasn't working correctly and asked me to go inside. Again, like an idiot, I left my jacket in the car and started for the store... Only to reach a locked door. The clerk hit the locks when they saw me coming towards the store with my gun on my hip. He hollered back from behind the counter I couldn't come in with my gun. I continued down the road to the next station and paid at the pump.

ETA: Never by a member of my family or a friend.. everyone knows I carry everywhere. Most are more comfortable knowing I do and know I got their back.
Link Posted: 2/19/2023 9:58:04 AM EDT
[#46]
do people not understand if someone has a sidearm in a holster, the chance  of said person using it for criminal activity.
 i have never seen a real criminal arrested with a sidearm in a holster. they have it in a pocket waistband or in their hand.  there is also plain clothes police officers that open carry but dress in street clothes.
Link Posted: 2/19/2023 10:05:48 AM EDT
[#47]
Hi to all,  

thanks
mac
View Quote

No
Link Posted: 2/19/2023 10:17:37 AM EDT
[#48]
Hi to all,  

thanks
mac
View Quote

In TX if a business owner provides you verbal notice, that is equivalent of having posted signage.

Get up and leave or prepare to get trespassed.

Link Posted: 2/21/2023 10:39:17 AM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By stainlessrat:

3.  Will assume this how WOULD I respond...I'd abide by their request politely and as quickly as convenient and safe. Like arguing with police that 'I didn't do anything', it's not the time to try to make some eloquent case, argue, etc. Be professional and be polite.
View Quote

This
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 11:39:52 PM EDT
[#50]
Yes. Disney Springs. I’ve never been made while carrying for close to 20 years. They asked me to leave it in my car. I was with family and didn’t want to ruin the day so I obliged.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Asked to leave! (Page 1 of 3)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top