Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/25/2023 1:05:08 PM EDT
Does anyone know the status of the current Automag company?  I ordered one almost 2 years ago and their voice mailbox is full, I emailed them a few minutes ago. From their website they look pretty well dead, last date mentioned is 2022 and they mention a 9-12 month lead time, but I’m coming up on 2 years and no gun. Fortunately I only put 20% down, but for a custom order that’s still a decent chunk of change.

Anyway, not exactly complaining, I’d wait another year if needed, but at this point I don’t even know if they’re still in business. If anyone knows anything I’d love to hear it.
Link Posted: 10/25/2023 1:19:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/25/2023 1:52:18 PM EDT
[#2]
I haven’t heard anything lately. I’ve been interested in the new ones but held off ordering. I’ve got 5 of the originals but don’t shoot them and really wanted a shooter version. No help I know, just my 2 cents.
Link Posted: 10/25/2023 10:16:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Still a help, you’re keeping the conversation going. I have a couple of long slides, the .22 WMR and the Javelina in 10mm. There are of course more that I’d like to add, but I keep finding other things. I decided to build a 607, that’s pricey, and I have an obsession with Ruger No.1s. But I do wish that Automag would call, text or email me and let me know that they still exist. I might wind up having to see if I can find them at SHOT next year.
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 2:24:07 AM EDT
[#4]
Here’s a link to the 99 page Progress Update thread from their forum. Bottom line, it doesn’t look good. The link below starts at page 92 which is where the latest development info starts.  Restructuring, lawsuits, etc.

Automag Progress Thread

They also sent out this email last week.

Link Posted: 10/27/2023 3:14:23 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Paradude54] [#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Trickass:
Here’s a link to the 99 page Progress Update thread from their forum. Bottom line, it doesn’t look good. The link below starts at page 92 which is where the latest development info starts.  Restructuring, lawsuits, etc.

Automag Progress Thread

They also sent out this email last week.

https://i.postimg.cc/Ty7LrhSB/F8708-C28-503-E-4952-972-E-43-BCAE72-AB06.png
View Quote

Well that sucks!  I’m on their email list as a buyer but I didn’t get that email. Thanks for passing it along.

I just registered to get on the forum, apparently my previous registration doesn’t work. I would prefer to have the pistol over a refund, but my guess is that I’ll get neither. I had ordered a highly polished 8.5” with a presentation case and some ammo.

They keep referencing a “list”, I haven’t found that yet but I’ll keep looking. I’m curious where I’m at.

I found the list. Maybe I’m one of the “webXXX” people, but by name I’m not on it anywhere.
Link Posted: 11/21/2023 10:28:33 PM EDT
[#6]
I hate like hell to say this but:

STAY AWAY.  Stay far FAR away.

The AutoMag is a CURSED design.  Like the state of California...it is beautiful...but like all beautiful things, it attracts it's share of fruits and nuts.

I have one of the new guns.  ( Serial number is less than 10 ) and it SUCKS.  It is very accurate though.

My original was a much better gun.

My last dealing with the factory are as follows:  STAFFED BY BARELY LITERATE MONGOLOIDS.
Link Posted: 12/9/2023 11:47:11 PM EDT
[#7]
The crew at the current Automag is gradually coming back!  I don’t know if that means that anything will actually get done but I did finally get an email answered.
Link Posted: 12/9/2023 11:53:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Paradude54:
The crew at the current Automag is gradually coming back!  I don’t know if that means that anything will actually get done but I did finally get an email answered.
View Quote

I hope they can get their shit together.
Link Posted: 12/19/2023 11:10:44 AM EDT
[#9]
I got a call from the Rob at the factory on 11/30 saying that they were shipping some out and wanted to know if I would like the 8.5" instead of the shorter one on the original order.  He said the shorter barrels wouldn't be in stock for a while.  I said ship me what you got, so I got the gun almost exactly three years after they received my money.  I plan on taking both the original gun and the new one out to the range this week weather permitting.  New gun takes a lot more force to pull the cocking piece back, and that's with new recoil springs in the old one.  Important note:  factory is backlogged on magazines, thus new guns are shipping with only one mag.  
Link Posted: 12/19/2023 11:37:35 AM EDT
[#10]
That’s great news. I hope that it works. I originally ordered the 8.5” barrel about 2 years ago, along with the case and 2 extra magazines, so maybe I have another year to wait.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top