Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/13/2024 8:03:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Blitzkreig]
I picked up a Girsan MCP35 Match last summer and have found it reliable but, I really don't like the adjustable rear sight and the proprietary footprint.

The other day, another member posted that Numrich had stripped FEG slides for about $90. I grabbed one and it seems to hand cycle on my Girsan frame with the Girsan bbl. Unfortunately, the slide lock notch appears to be where FEG departed from the norm and none of my factory slide stops will fit. I'm on the fence whether or not to carefully relieve the slide or buy an FEG style slide stop from Numrich for the $35 they are asking. however, the frame window may be different on the FEG's even with the classic BHP lug vs the later S&W style lockup.

Has anybody modified a slide to fit? Any experience with other FEG parts? I'm tempted to buy up the parts to populate the slide. Numrich also has AP9 BHP barrels for around $90.

The slide looks good, lacks any roll marks but, does have a faintly stamped SN below the ejection port. Will post pics shortly.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/13/2024 8:05:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Make sure they sent you a clone slide - FEG made some weird Hi-Power/S&W mash-up pistols in addition to clones.
Link Posted: 1/13/2024 10:10:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/13/2024 11:48:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By sheltot:

I thought those had slide mounted safeties.
View Quote

FEG made a bunch of variants I know of:
1)straight bhp clone
2)still a single action bhp clone but, with s&w style bbl lockup
3)double action pistols w/s&w lockup and slide mounted safeties

They also made some weird slides with ventilated ribs.

Goofy Huns.....
Link Posted: 1/14/2024 8:35:18 AM EDT
[Last Edit: wagsfn] [#4]
Before I'd start relieving the opening on the FEG slide stop area try the $35 FEG slide stop first. Since invasion of the clones ie FEG, Girsan etc etc, this seems to be the norm when mix matching parts. I've never owned a BHP clone, and only used Browning/FN parts when needed. Did it cross your mind that the Girsan slide stop hole in frame is not in spec to either FEG or OEM Browning? Plus I noticed how small the FEG frame slide stop area opening is. Going to be a hit or miss. Hope this works out for you though!
Link Posted: 1/14/2024 4:57:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JoinDatePostCount] [#5]
Originally Posted By wagsfn:
Before I'd start relieving the opening on the FEG slide stop area try the $35 FEG slide stop first. Since invasion of the clones ie FEG, Girsan etc etc, this seems to be the norm when mix matching parts. I've never owned a BHP clone, and only used Browning/FN parts when needed. Did it cross your mind that the Girsan slide stop hole in frame is not in spec to either FEG or OEM Browning? Plus I noticed how small the FEG frame slide stop area opening is. Going to be a hit or miss. Hope this works out for you though!
View Quote

I’d imagine the Girsan is the outlier.  Reading about parts fitment (got to replace the sear spring and possibly sear in my Daly, which is an FEG finished by Magnum Research) it seems that FEG is grossly in spec with the FNs, but some of the Turkish clones use different size parts

Edit:  I’m wrong, later P9M have a different cutout and the S&W lockup

https://practicallyshooting.com/community/topic/290-a-hi-power-glitch/
Link Posted: 1/14/2024 5:10:47 PM EDT
[#6]
I have several BHPs and clones. My FEG did have a smaller notch for the slide release. I had issues installing an SFS so I contacted BHSprings. I had to enlarge the cut on the slide with a file. There is also a difference in the barrel of the thumb safety.
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 11:11:16 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By hollowhandle:
I have several BHPs and clones. My FEG did have a smaller notch for the slide release. I had issues installing an SFS so I contacted BHSprings. I had to enlarge the cut on the slide with a file. There is also a difference in the barrel of the thumb safety.
View Quote

Got any pics of the cut or in process? I suspect I have to do the same operation but, am a bit hesitant to go at it
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 12:01:27 PM EDT
[#8]
The FEG is up at my farm. I’ll try to get a pic next time I’m up there.
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 8:19:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By hollowhandle:
The FEG is up at my farm. I’ll try to get a pic next time I’m up there.
View Quote

Might be time for me to buy a narrower pillar file. Did you have good results with opening up the slide notch? Any tool recommendations or tips?
Link Posted: 1/16/2024 8:13:03 AM EDT
[#10]
I just used a small file and took my time. I had a regular BHP to compare it to.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top