Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/5/2023 7:24:53 PM EDT
Is there any alternative sight options for this style of HP?
Link Posted: 9/12/2023 6:23:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Blitzkreig] [#1]
Send it to Novak's. They just need your slide and can offer just about anything you want. I had a '72 C-series that somebody red ramped the tiny half circle factory front sight on. IIRC, Novak's cut dovetails, installed a wide "u" notch rear and a brass bead front for less than $300 with shipping in less than a week.

Eta- they can also professionally refinish your slide while they have it.
Link Posted: 9/12/2023 6:31:21 PM EDT
[#2]
I was coming to say this exact thing.
Novaks.
Link Posted: 9/15/2023 1:45:32 AM EDT
[#3]
The MkIII rear sight should fit in that dovetail if you're just looking to switch to a high visibility fixed sight and don't want to spend on getting the slide cut or don't like Novak's sights aesthetically.
Link Posted: 9/15/2023 12:46:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks to those who provided idea's and info on this pistol, from what I have measure with calipers the rear sight dovetail is the same as a Mk3 slide, which by s/n it is a Mk3. The front sight is brazed on and would require heat to remove and a slide refinish according to Novak's customer service, plus is it sit higher than a normal front sight and would have a tendency to shoot very low with just swapping out the rear sights. I'm not a big fan of the blueing on these pistols as they wear quite fast with use. Cerokote is a option I'm currently looking at and I see they have a black that is quite similar to the factory black finish found on standard Mk3's.
Link Posted: 9/15/2023 2:06:39 PM EDT
[#5]
The adjustable sights on Hi Powers aren't very attractive but they are good sights.  As you're discovering this will not be a simple or cheap process.  I'm guessing $200 to $300 with even a minor refinish.  You're call if it's worth the money.
Link Posted: 9/16/2023 9:44:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By delg1:
Thanks to those who provided idea's and info on this pistol, from what I have measure with calipers the rear sight dovetail is the same as a Mk3 slide, which by s/n it is a Mk3. The front sight is brazed on and would require heat to remove and a slide refinish according to Novak's customer service, plus is it sit higher than a normal front sight and would have a tendency to shoot very low with just swapping out the rear sights. I'm not a big fan of the blueing on these pistols as they wear quite fast with use. Cerokote is a option I'm currently looking at and I see they have a black that is quite similar to the factory black finish found on standard Mk3's.
View Quote

My understanding is that all of the target models of whatever generation use the same dovetail as standard MkIIIs.
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 1:52:40 PM EDT
[#7]
I thought all MkIII's had a dovetail front site.
Link Posted: 9/19/2023 3:24:58 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By piperpa24:
I thought all MkIII's had a dovetail front site.
View Quote

I believe so.  I suspect OP's is an older model.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top