Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/26/2023 7:02:06 PM EDT
I have a new Beretta 92fs that came with 10 round mags. I bought 6 factory Beretta mags and they don’t drop freely when full loaded and at times when empty. My 10 round mags drop freely when empty or full loaded. There is resistance with 15 round vs 10 round mags fully loaded and empty. I removed grips and screw still the same issues. I removed the mag release and same issues.
I returned the mags to Beretta. I bought two more Beretta mags and same issues.
Anything else I can check? I don’t see or feel any burrs.
Link Posted: 8/26/2023 7:29:42 PM EDT
[#1]
I just went through this with a new Hi Power. I removed the magazine disconnect and Lord behold the mags still would not drop. A gent here suggested I run the mags in the grip empty numerous times. New seat,new gun,new mags made it just tight enough to not drop. I did what was suggested and everything drops now. I'm aware we have different pistols. Hope it works.
Link Posted: 8/26/2023 9:08:43 PM EDT
[#2]
If the Beretta grips to not have a locking washers, that will interfere with drop free function.
Link Posted: 8/27/2023 8:37:53 AM EDT
[Last Edit: deputy599] [#3]
I do have o rings and no drag marks from the screws.
Link Posted: 9/4/2023 9:22:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By deputy599:
I do have o rings and no drag marks from the screws.
View Quote

Hold is the firearm? Have you ever held the frame, even lightly in a vise? Pistol frames are flimsy in the handle, even light pressure can compress them enough to cause this problem.
Link Posted: 9/10/2023 8:47:04 AM EDT
[#5]
Beretta sent me two MecGar 18 round mags and they dropped freely unloaded and fully loaded. I bought two MecGar they work.
Beretta is sending me a new metal magazine release.
Link Posted: 2/11/2024 4:12:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: PRYDE] [#6]
Is the mag release plastic or metal?  Sometimes the molding flash on the plastic ones will cause this.
Link Posted: 2/11/2024 4:25:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Be sure the lock washers are there.  Loosen the screws.  It should give you the answer
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 7:51:11 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By deputy599:
Beretta sent me two MecGar 18 round mags and they dropped freely unloaded and fully loaded. I bought two MecGar they work.
Beretta is sending me a new metal magazine release.
View Quote

Sounds like your on the road to recovery now.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top