Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/25/2024 1:20:38 PM EDT
Looking to add +2 to some OEM magazines.  Thoughts on the most reliable/ best?
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 1:33:43 PM EDT
[#1]
OEM +2

Get a G17 spring to go with it.

Or just use a G17 magazine and be done with it.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 6:21:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By naes:

Or just use a G17 magazine and be done with it.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/25/2024 9:37:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By BLITZ999:

View Quote

Easily the most dependable option. While I have used oem +2 in the past without issue, a solid 17 round mag is a better answer. In fact my nightstand 19 has a 17 mag in it right now.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 1:46:53 AM EDT
[#4]
I use Taran Tactical Innovations extensions for competition.  They work.

But, when I carry a 19 or 26 I carry a 17 mag or mags as reloads.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 2:01:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Much appreciate the advice.  I like the baseplate option for look and additional hand space, but it sounds like G17 mags are simply much more reliable
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 9:20:05 PM EDT
[#6]
If you’re going to get some G17 mags, you might as well get 19X mags at 19 rounds.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 9:31:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By DefenderAO:
Much appreciate the advice.  I like the baseplate option for look and additional hand space, but it sounds like G17 mags are simply much more reliable
View Quote

I dont recall who makes it but there is a spacer made for situations like yours.  Just slides down the mag and stays in place with a set screw allowing a 17rd mag to look mostly normal on a G19.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 10:07:58 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By AKJEFF:

I dont recall who makes it but there is a spacer made for situations like yours.  Just slides down the mag and stays in place with a set screw allowing a 17rd mag to look mostly normal on a G19.
View Quote

XGrip.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 9:08:16 PM EDT
[#9]
I had bought a bunch of 33 rounders in coyote (since Glock won't fucking produce them) and converted my 15's to +2's and 33's to 31's................No love lost on the big stix.........

It's the 19 on the far right by itself she's just my good ole bitch G19.4 with SLR 19X FDE magwell and factory created 17's............

Link Posted: Today 9:57:05 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By AWHAILYEAH:
I had bought a bunch of 33 rounders in coyote (since Glock won't fucking produce them) and converted my 15's to +2's and 33's to 31's................No love lost on the big stix.........

It's the 19 on the far right by itself she's just my good ole bitch G19.4 with SLR 19X FDE magwell and factory created 17's............

https://i.imgur.com/9Aew9K6.jpg
View Quote

Ues, I did this also. Love it
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top