Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/28/2023 8:58:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RangeToy]
Just picked up a Mark IV 22/45 Lite and already have a 407K laying around. Do we have any 407K mount options where we can still use the irons?

I plan to swap factory front sight with fiber optic. Other than that, anything that I shou;d really look into?

What grip options do we have? Mine is the gold finish so it needs to go with that color &, of course, be comfortable
Link Posted: 9/28/2023 10:25:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: m200maker] [#1]
You might want to try C&H. Be sure they have your correct address. I’ve lost the last two shipments.Their site
Link Posted: 9/28/2023 10:35:28 PM EDT
[#2]
tandemkross.com
Link Posted: 9/29/2023 5:34:43 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm not aware of any mount that will allow use of the factory irons with that dot.  The new optic ready 22/45 Lite is the only one I know of that will cowitness irons with a dot.
HERE
Link Posted: 9/29/2023 3:30:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By arndog123:
I'm not aware of any mount that will allow use of the factory irons with that dot.  The new optic ready 22/45 Lite is the only one I know of that will cowitness irons with a dot.
HERE
View Quote

That sucks. I guess no dot on it then
Link Posted: 9/29/2023 4:03:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Forget cowitnessing with your irons and just run that dot with a Lobos mount.  
Lobos Mount
Link Posted: 9/29/2023 10:31:14 PM EDT
[#6]
I use a MadMacs mount for mine. I don’t care about cowitness though.
Link Posted: 9/29/2023 10:39:59 PM EDT
[#7]
I've never seen anything cowitness on these guns and don't really see why you would. I'd put the lowest mount you can find on and roll with it.
Link Posted: 9/30/2023 9:11:18 AM EDT
[#8]
if you decide to set it up for something like Steel Challenge Rimfire Pistol Open (RFPO) or Rimfire Pistol Irons (RFPI) divisions I could offer more suggestions...the large format dot scopes like a Holosun 510c that has a flatter lens centers the dot better....the 22/45 Lite fiber optic front sights are a different height compared to a standard bull barrel regards
Link Posted: 9/30/2023 10:04:33 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By ALASKANFIRE:
I've never seen anything cowitness on these guns and don't really see why you would. I'd put the lowest mount you can find on and roll with it.
View Quote

I'm not a dot guy that's why. Until I become one, I want irons available so again no dot for this one then.
Link Posted: 9/30/2023 10:44:25 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By RangeToy:

I'm not a dot guy that's why. Until I become one, I want irons available so again no dot for this one then.
View Quote

Sounds like this would be the best and cheapest way to become a dot guy. I mean a .22 and with no irons. What better way to get the hang of it.
Link Posted: 9/30/2023 11:35:05 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By thebert:

Sounds like this would be the best and cheapest way to become a dot guy. I mean a .22 and with no irons. What better way to get the hang of it.
View Quote

Exactly.
Link Posted: 9/30/2023 11:56:07 AM EDT
[#12]
Here's mine for an example..

Ruger Mark IV 22/25 Tactical + DA Mask
Holosun HS507C X2 mounted on FarrowTech Ruger MKII/III/IV Low Profile Red Dot Mount

Volquarsten
-Accurizing Kit for the Ruger MK IV Pistol
-Exact Edge Extractor and SureStrike Firing Pin.
-Extended Magazine Release for MK IV

Link Posted: 9/30/2023 1:03:33 PM EDT
[#13]
Don't need irons with a dot especially on a 22 fun gun.  
Lobos Industries makes a mount that isn't ridiculously priced, but you'll have to sign up for stock notifications.   Here

Volquartsen kit is a must, stock sucks.  Paclite upper is a sweet upgrade too.
Link Posted: 9/30/2023 5:57:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 20andOUT] [#14]
VQ kit goes into any MK series pistol.  It changes the entire feel of the pistol, it is a really dramatic improvement.

And don’t worry about co-witness.  Get a lobos or Madmacs mount and call it a day.  I used a 507c but I think the ‘k’ might have been a better fit.

Link Posted: 10/1/2023 6:35:59 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By thebert:

View Quote

I've tried dots on other pistols. Still not a dot guy, but willing to try again as I have not exactly had thousands of rounds worth of trying. So I still want to be able to enjoy it while I try to be a dot guy
Link Posted: 10/1/2023 6:44:21 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By ARna45:
tandemkross.com
View Quote

I bought a complete Tandem Kross 22/45 Race Gun for Steel Challenge and have buyer's remorse after trying a friend's Volquartsen.

The design and QC are markedly better on the Volquartsen.
Link Posted: 10/1/2023 7:28:23 PM EDT
[#17]
I waited for a sale on stock barrels from volquarten. I have my light upper with irons, another setup with a dot and one with a scope. Volquarten internals in the lower.
Link Posted: 10/3/2023 11:57:58 AM EDT
[Last Edit: RangeToy] [#18]
Have the VQ trigger kit, TK fiber optic front sight, TK charging handle & TK mag base plates on the way.

Maybe I'll grab a VQ upper to run a dot on if the right on goes on sale or clearance.
Link Posted: 10/3/2023 3:10:20 PM EDT
[#19]
Check the Volquartsen ebay store, they occasionally have complete upgraded bolts for $45 shipped or $99 with their DLC coating applied, when just the upgrade kit is usually $45+ shipping.
Link Posted: 10/12/2023 6:27:33 PM EDT
[#20]
Have not been back to the range, but just dry firing with the VQ kit, I can tell it is a whole new gun
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 11:18:42 AM EDT
[Last Edit: emandude] [#21]
Curious to see how the gun shoots for the original poster.

My 22-45 lite shoots low from 5 out to 25 with the adjustable sights maxed out. It's to the point where I need to cover the whole 12 inch plate to get hits at 25 with the elevation maxed. There are a number of complaints about this on the forums. I have a .02 shorter front coming to try. If it still does't give me the hold I'm looking for I'm going to put a dot on and be done with it.

Measured the front at .38 with calipers so something slightly shorter than that seems like it's going to be needed for me. Stock height won't work.
Link Posted: 10/21/2023 1:42:24 PM EDT
[#22]
I suggest the bushing to remove the magazine safety.
Link Posted: 10/21/2023 10:15:20 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By emandude:

My 22-45 lite shoots low from 5 out to 25 with the adjustable sights maxed out. It's to the point where I need to cover the whole 12 inch plate to get hits at 25 with the elevation maxed. There are a number of complaints about this on the forums. I have a .02 shorter front coming to try. If it still does't give me the hold I'm looking for I'm going to put a dot on and be done with it.

Measured the front at .38 with calipers so something slightly shorter than that seems like it's going to be needed for me. Stock height won't work.
View Quote

Sounds like you, sadly, got a defective one. Mine shot as it should in stock form. Shot fine with the TK fiber optic front sight too.

I took it to the range last week w/the VQ kit and what a difference. Even my wife, that is not technical with guns at all, loved it.
Link Posted: 11/27/2023 3:34:38 PM EDT
[#24]
Could be. I put the shortest site Dawson Precision makes for this model on and it's now perfect, hold is just what I'm used to. No longer have to completely obscure the steel plate at 25 for a chance at a hit.
Link Posted: 12/6/2023 12:57:52 PM EDT
[#25]
Best upgrades for 22/45 Lite?

I've been looking at this. I already have a Vortex Venom on mine with a mounting base that replaced the rear sight.

https://www.tandemkross.com/tandemized-lower-ruger-mark_iv-2245
Link Posted: 12/6/2023 1:16:20 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By wood714:
Best upgrades for 22/45 Lite?

I've been looking at this. I already have a Vortex Venom on mine with a mounting base that replaced the rear sight.

https://www.tandemkross.com/tandemized-lower-ruger-mark_iv-2245
View Quote

Wow that's expensive. Surprised nobody offers polymer Ruger lowers, definitely a void in the market.
Link Posted: 12/6/2023 1:26:00 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Blacktoothgrin:

Wow that's expensive. Surprised nobody offers polymer Ruger lowers, definitely a void in the market.
View Quote

Been saying that for 20+ years at this point
Link Posted: 1/4/2024 1:25:18 PM EDT
[#28]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ALASKANFIRE:

A 22 range toy is a great gun to become a dot guy on.
Link Posted: 1/4/2024 11:09:20 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 1/6/2024 7:17:46 AM EDT
[#30]
I'd probably snatch up a take off lower if you buy one of the fancy upgraded ones. I can't seem to nail down a reasonably priced takeoff anywhere...
Link Posted: 1/6/2024 8:17:19 AM EDT
[#31]
A suppressor is the best upgrade.

After that, I'd say VQ fcg w/Tandemkross bits.
Link Posted: 1/16/2024 11:54:28 PM EDT
[#32]
I can't recommend the Volqs lower enough.  I built a MKIII out of parts- the Volqs lower and a PacLite upper.

The trigger on the Volqs lower breaks like a glass rod- absolutely amazing.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/17/2024 9:20:16 AM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By emandude:

View Quote

Mine shoots perfect. Even better with the VQ kit. I ended up going back to stock front sight, though. Put green nail polish on it. I didn't care for how small the TK sight is
Link Posted: 1/17/2024 11:13:19 AM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By rob78:
A suppressor is the best upgrade.

After that, I'd say VQ fcg w/Tandemkross bits.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top