Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/30/2024 4:43:05 PM EDT
Picked up a G48 MOS as a B-day present to myself today.  I had the Shield RMS from a previous pistol and will keep it here untill I get the urge to upgrade.  I have a Tenicor Sagax Lux 2 holster and there is a TLR-7 Sub on the way to me.  If I keep it I'll replace the stock sights for something more robust.  The triger sucks but it will break in.  Of the three I was able to try this one felft a little lighter.  My RCBS scale say's it's 5.5 lbs. The finish is kinda gross compared to the PVD finish on my 19.5 but I may do something silly like a Hell Port down the road and maybe have the slide finished in Multicam Black. Cerakote.  A stipple job is certainly in order too.  I put one box of HST 124GR +P and a box  of WWB.  It felt good and grouped as well as my 19.5.  

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/30/2024 6:01:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Great choice. The 48 is quickly becoming my favorite carry gun.   I’ve carried a 17 and 19 10 hours a day for years but they stay in the safe a lot more now.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 7:28:55 PM EDT
[#2]
great present to yourself

take a look at the sig romeo-x compact , great sight and a direct bolt on to your 48mos
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 2:08:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Nice. If you decide to get a light for it, the Streamlight TLR-7 sub is probably the best choice.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 2:56:20 AM EDT
[#4]
G48 makes a great carry gun for warmer months.

I prefer the Apex trigger shoe (OEM internals) on the slim guns.

Found the stock shoe irritated my trigger finger after 2-300 rounds training.

Here’s a Defoor “hat qual” at 25 yards I shot cold to test it.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 1:27:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Happy birthday OP. Nice choice.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 1:32:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Great Bday gift. My wife and kids gave me a LEO Blue label trade in G21.3 SF for my 40th bday a few years back and its my most prized Glock. Gifted guns hold a special place in the heart.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 4:35:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By WTFShane:
Nice. If you decide to get a light for it, the Streamlight TLR-7 sub is probably the best choice.
View Quote

Agreed. Another option could be the new TLR-7X.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 12:35:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By jrs93accord:

Agreed. Another option could be the new TLR-7X.
View Quote

The TLR-7x won't work on the slimline rails.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 1:39:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Light arrived.  Just pondering backup sights.  The Ameriglo Protector sughts lookninteresting but they are quite a but lower than the stock sights.  

The grey finish is showing wear already from a few dozen draws from the holster.  It's definitely not as tough as the slicker black PVD finish on my 19.5.
The Tenicor holster is flawless in design and construction as expected.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Top Top