Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/17/2023 11:39:54 AM EDT
I'm in a mood where I'm buying the guns I had in the military.  In Germany as a tanker I was issued a 1911, and absolutely hated it (had been issued and trained on the M9 Beretta in basic).  I hated disassembly, shooting and cleaning it.  

I disliked 1911's in general compared to more modern designs.

But Nostalgia and timing are a powerful combo, and I ended up with a Tisas Army 1911 in 9mm (by choice--nothing wrong with 45, just more expensive to shoot).

And I fell in love with this thing on it's first range trip.  Well built, smooth and laser accurate.  Like it was made for me.  Even the sights, which I thought would be difficult for me were fine in a lighted range.

recoil wise, it seemed pretty similar to a 45, just a different impulse.  That is to say, not bad recoiling at all, a bit less jump.

It was shot against a new Beretta M9A4 (which was entirely underwhelming, especially the trigger), and I can honestly tell you i would take the Tisas out agin five times before I take the M9 out again.  The M9A4 will end up costing me about $700 OTD after rebate, and the Tisas was about $345 OTD for me.  Half the price, twice the shooter.

This will most likely be my only 1911, and the only thing I would change is deleting the lanyard loop.  (I'm an HK guy).

Funny how things change.

Link Posted: 12/17/2023 11:48:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By ChickenDaddy:
It was shot against a new Beretta M9A4 (which was entirely underwhelming, especially the trigger)
View Quote

You could try changing out your hammer spring to something lighter. Around #15 or so. Has a decent improvement on the trigger for not much effort or money.

I've been impressed with the Tisas I've looked at. I'll likely get one at some point in the near future.
Link Posted: 12/17/2023 12:00:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Love the tisas
Link Posted: 12/17/2023 2:04:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Been collecting 1911s for years, just bought the Tisas full size B45. Only know what I’ve seen on gun review videos.
Link Posted: 12/17/2023 2:33:08 PM EDT
[#4]
My new Tisas 1911A1 is tighter, smoother and looks and shoots better than that old worn out US Army Remington Rand I carried many years ago.

No regrets, my patience paid off because these are nice pistols.
Link Posted: 12/18/2023 9:34:43 AM EDT
[Last Edit: dmk0210] [#5]
I always wanted a 9mm 1911 and for whatever reason always put off buying one. Last spring, I bought a Tisas B9 Carry and after taking it to the range, absolutely love it. I then bought a 9mm Tanker, and then the MAC JSOC chambered in 45ACP.

These are surprisingly good guns.

I think I might try the Tisas 2011 when it hits the stores. I always wanted to try one of those too.
Link Posted: 1/1/2024 7:30:27 PM EDT
[#6]
My 13yo granddaughter was introduced to the 1911 over the Christmas holiday with her dad's Tisas Raider. That was the first centerfire handgun she shot and had a good time.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 7:45:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By dmk0210:
I always wanted a 9mm 1911 and for whatever reason always put off buying one. Last spring, I bought a Tisas B9 Carry and after taking it to the range, absolutely love it.
View Quote

I was just the opposite. I did NOT want a 1911 in 9mm and finally broke down and bought a Tisas B9 Carry and absolutely love it.
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 7:54:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: wildearp] [#8]
Also not a Beretta fan.  I admire the design, but it just isn't for me.  I was into 1911s from quite a while back.  I want a Tisas for the collection, but just don't need another one.  The military Raider FDE clone really makes me twitchy.  

I played with a bunch of 1911s in a USMC armory at CAMPEN.  They were sloppy, worn, mixmasters, but still sexy.  I was on a cleaning detail, because SNCOs and officers do not have to clean their pistols.  It was one of the best volunteer details I was ever on.

I was also, not into the AR15 when I got out of the service, until California said I couldn't have one.  I bought one immediately and still have it, an Armalite M15 mid-length.

Arfcom basement mafia hates Kimber, but I have four that have performed flawlessly through several competitions.  I can't say that for the Colts, Sigs, and SA 1911s that I have owned.  

Since this is a 9mm 1911 thread:

And I will post another 9mm that I never thought I would like, just to tempt ya'll:

Link Posted: 1/30/2024 7:59:45 AM EDT
[#9]
I have a standard Tisas 1911 in 45 GI , with parked finish , US Prop marked and just got a JASOC gun that came from the Milatary Armament Corp it is a older Delta type gun , man there guns are nice , never a problem get before the price starts up which it will .
Link Posted: 1/30/2024 12:46:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Bought a A1 Service for my wife for Christmas (she has been wanting a 1911 for a decade now). We finally got it out to the range. Other than it needs another 300 rounds through it to loosen it up some more, I'm impressed, especially for the price point. I'm tempted to buy a matching one in 9mm. I wouldn't be weary of buying anything else from Tisas in the future.
Link Posted: 2/1/2024 11:28:13 AM EDT
[#11]
I purchased a 1911 Tisas in 9mm. Just like OP has. It is a great shooter, and reminds me of the issued 1911 I carried in the U.S. Army. I would take the Tisas over the M9 Beretta any day. I never liked the Beretta. I was a 1911 guy. Just my preference. But the M9 was clunky, and the DA/SA trigger was not what I preferred.  Congratulations OP on your purchase. Mine is a shooter and is reliable.
Link Posted: 2/1/2024 11:40:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Strikeforces] [#12]
Originally Posted By wildearp:

And I will post another 9mm that I never thought I would like, just to tempt ya'll:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/41996/Springfield_SA_35-2979176.jpg

View Quote

@wildearp

Just waiting patiently here for SDS to get these new Inglis Hi Powers rolling....gonna add a few as soon as they do.

Historically Accurate Hi-Powers on a Budget! -- SHOT Show 2024

Looks like initially 4 versions on the release including a case hardened version.

https://www.guns.com/news/2024/01/31/inglis-has-been-reborn-and-brought-a-ton-of-new-hi-powers-to-shot

SDS Imports Resurrects Inglis Hi Powers at SHOT Show 2024
Link Posted: 2/1/2024 11:48:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Switchback_Arms] [#13]
I love mine, my 9yo old at the time convinced me to buy it after shooting a friends CMP 1911.

Was letting him shoot it at the range and this guy next to us asked him if he wanted to shoot a Taurus TX22.  He said sure!

After that we pulled out a couple of our own 22s and started shooting those.

I think he must have thought I was a terrible father or something for letting him shoot 45.

We still laugh about it.
Link Posted: 2/1/2024 11:50:15 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Strikeforces:

@wildearp

Just waiting patiently here for SDS to get these new Inglis Hi Powers rolling....gonna add a few as soon as they do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WrJZD8yR34
View Quote

I plan on getting one of those!
Link Posted: 2/2/2024 10:34:19 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Switchback_Arms:
I love mine, my 9yo old at the time convinced me to buy it after shooting a friends CMP 1911.

Was letting him shoot it at the range and this guy next to us asked him if he wanted to shoot a Taurus TX22.  He said sure!

After that we pulled out a couple of our own 22s and started shooting those.

I think he must have thought I was a terrible father or something for letting him shoot 45.

We still laugh about it.
View Quote
"historically accurate"?  Does that mean built in hammer bite?

I want stainless!!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top