Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/27/2023 6:58:07 PM EDT
Lemme know.  Reviews seem stellar!  $100 is awesome too.
Link Posted: 8/31/2023 11:46:09 AM EDT
[Last Edit: iGottaDropADuce] [#1]
Guys on the PSA dagger facebook group swear by them. But these dudes are also the types that trust amazon parts with their life so I dont trust their opinion in the least. They'll modify 10 daggers with shitty parts instead of buying a more reputable handgun with quality parts, for the sake of saying they have 10 handguns. So I guess it depends what purpose you're using it for.

Side note: if anybody wants some quality entertainment, join that group. I cant tell you how many times a PSA rep has posted because idiots are using ported barrels in non-ported slides. Or, the time the guy shot himself in the hand by going to rack the gun with his hand in front of it, or the guy who uses a gun professionally and was asking for red dot recommendations under $100 and available via Amazon Prime. The list goes on and on
Link Posted: 8/31/2023 12:03:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DavidY] [#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By iGottaDropADuce:
Guys on the PSA dagger facebook group swear by them. But these dudes are also the types that trust amazon parts with their life so I dont trust their opinion in the least. They'll modify 10 daggers with shitty parts instead of buying a more reputable handgun with quality parts, for the sake of saying they have 10 handguns. So I guess it depends what purpose you're using it for.

Side note: if anybody wants some quality entertainment, join that group. I cant tell you how many times a PSA rep has posted because idiots are using ported barrels in non-ported slides. Or, the time the guy shot himself in the hand by going to rack the gun with his hand in front of it, or the guy who uses a gun professionally and was asking for red dot recommendations under $100 and available via Amazon Prime. The list goes on and on
View Quote

Listen pal, I don't go around telling you what to like

But yes, rather interesting group of people over there.  Of course the mod/owner kissed so much PSA ass, they hired him, so that tells you a lot about how things are over there.
Link Posted: 8/31/2023 12:36:49 PM EDT
[#3]
I'd like to read it but no Facebook. My son has a few buddies that will buy the cheapest crap-tier stuff as long as it's the right color and price. One kid is in the Army and has exposure to decent gear yet still outfits his Freedom rifle with Amazon junk.
Link Posted: 8/31/2023 1:57:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Bullet_] [#4]
IMHO, Cyelee is the best contender to be the next Primary Arms.

PA and Swampfox seem to be trying to become middle market.
In doing so, they've left the bottom price market with good customer service open for competition.

As long as you are looking for good customer service at a bottom tier price, ( and you're going to need CS at some time at this  price point) , Cyelee is GTG.

If you want bet-your-life performance,  pay the worth-your-life price.
Link Posted: 8/31/2023 3:37:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Lol no fucking way I’m going to waste $100 on a piece of shit like that.

I use Aaron Cowen’s reviews as a guide. No way in hell that junk is gonna make it through even half of his testing.
Link Posted: 8/31/2023 3:57:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By mudholestomper:

I use Aaron Cowen’s reviews as a guide. No way in hell that junk is gonna make it through even half of his testing.
View Quote

Doing the kind of testing he does, just about everything is going to break eventually. I don't intentionally abuse my shit so I'm not worried about things failing.

That being said, I think the budget primary arms classic series is about as cheap as I would go for a handgun, followed by Holosun K series.  

Link Posted: 8/31/2023 3:59:37 PM EDT
[#7]
I have one and it seems to work, but I don't use it frame houses with either.
Link Posted: 8/31/2023 4:04:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By DavidY:

Doing the kind of testing he does, just about everything is going to break eventually. I don't intentionally abuse my shit so I'm not worried about things failing.

That being said, I think the budget primary arms classic series is about as cheap as I would go for a handgun, followed by Holosun K series.  

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By mudholestomper:

I use Aaron Cowen's reviews as a guide. No way in hell that junk is gonna make it through even half of his testing.

His tests are exactly why I went RMR type 2 for handgun optics.
Link Posted: 8/31/2023 6:47:18 PM EDT
[#9]

Listen pal, I don't go around telling you what to like

But yes, rather interesting group of people over there.  Of course the mod/owner kissed so much PSA ass, they hired him, so that tells you a lot about how things are over there.
View Quote

Every once in a while, i'll comment on there just to rustle jimmies
Link Posted: 8/31/2023 6:53:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: iGottaDropADuce] [#10]
Decided to grace you guys with some of the stupidity from over there. How could I forget the guy who sanded the finish off the slide for no real reason other than, it balances out the look...

Link Posted: 8/31/2023 9:59:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Well, at least the hand ventilator didn't remove a testicle,  like the guy on G Talk did.
Link Posted: 9/1/2023 12:22:53 AM EDT
[#12]
I assume anyone who says "full send" is a special ed student
Link Posted: 9/1/2023 12:50:12 AM EDT
[#13]
Inexpensive red dots are getting to be surprisingly good.  I have 3 of the Vector Optics Frenzy 20x28mm red dots and they have bright, crisp 6MOA dots and literally zero flicker.  The only problem I've had was shearing off a cross bolt on the included picatinny mounts.  I think I paid about $90 for them on one of Amazon's sales, and like $108 from Optics Planet.

The dot is literally as crisp as my RMR.  It has auto shutoff to prolong battery life, but no shake awake.  I haven't actually read the manual, but that can probably be turned off.
Link Posted: 9/1/2023 7:16:52 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Brawnydog:
I have one and it seems to work, but I don't use it frame houses with either.
View Quote
I was wrong, I have a Swampfox Liberty. I was thinking about a Cyelee but ended up getting a used Swampfox.

Link Posted: 9/1/2023 10:02:47 AM EDT
[#15]
My take on CYELEE optics is, you are going to get what you pay for. For their price points on their optics, they seem to be better fitted for airsoft and not real firearms. I would by a RDO from PA long before I would by one from CYELEE. At least PA optics have been around for over a decade and have improved greatly since their inception. If you cannot afford a better option like Trijicon, you need to consider the offerings from HOLOSUN. Put your money into a worthwhile optic that has been around and well-proven.
Link Posted: 9/12/2023 9:04:49 AM EDT
[#16]

View Quote

I do not intentionally abuse my stuff but shit does happen. It is nice to know that if I drop my pistol I will be able to pick it up and continue on.

When my friends by cheap shit and brag about all the money they saved I tell them that is nice, their family can use the money they saved to buy a nicer tombstone.
Link Posted: 9/12/2023 9:22:17 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Capt_Destro] [#17]
I don't do Amazon Brand red dots. I only own a Votatu with 50k battery life and I put that on a telescope.

The cheapest reflex I'd buy is a Riton. Heard those have good reviews.

Also at the PSA Dagger group.. They managed to out do Hipoint enthusiast groups lmao.
Link Posted: 9/19/2023 5:06:40 PM EDT
[#18]
Any opinion on the Ameriglo Haven as they are owned by Trijicon?  Philippines not China.
Link Posted: 2/19/2024 12:29:38 AM EDT
[#19]
I bought the Wolf x pro model. Saw some reviews and it actually was pretty good. The optic was tortured like a sage dynamics test would go and it was still working like all the rest of the non trijicon optics would to an extent. I remember folks would talk bad about holosun now, that’s what they’re buying instead of trijicon and guess where holosun is made????? Not in the USA..
Link Posted: 2/19/2024 12:30:44 AM EDT
[#20]
I bought the Wolf x pro model. Saw some reviews and it actually was pretty good. The optic was tortured like a sage dynamics test would go and it was still working like all the rest of the non trijicon optics would to an extent. I remember folks would talk bad about holosun now, that’s what they’re buying instead of trijicon and guess where holosun is made????? Not in the USA..
Link Posted: 2/19/2024 1:26:32 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Capt_Destro] [#21]
Originally Posted By 2ndTimeAround:
Any opinion on the Ameriglo Haven as they are owned by Trijicon?  Philippines not China.
View Quote

It's boring but it works.
Ameriglo has great customer service. I had an issue with mine honestly. Either the emitter or lens coating was causing artifacts. The replacement has been okay. Turn around time was insanely fast. They even sent it out 2 day air/provided a return shipping label.

I prefer my Holosuns. But I think I only paid $180. I seen they were on sale for $155 now. So it's a steal.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top