Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » Colt
Site Notices
Posted: 2/24/2024 1:53:03 PM EDT
Was wondering how Colt handles supply of current production 1911's.

Do they just come out in batches and disappear? Seems like the dealers get some
and then they are out. Is there any reason or logic to this?

Thx
Link Posted: 2/24/2024 2:18:26 PM EDT
[#1]
No the last time there was reason or logic to Colt distribution was the early 80’s
Link Posted: 2/24/2024 5:48:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Colt 1911 production has always been hit or miss.  They don’t actually produce that many a year, off the top of my head 20,000 or so, subject to all the financial stress Colt seems to put on itself.  Many other companies out produce them by a wide margin. Yes, Colt makes nice stuff but often times they lack modern features common in today’s 1911 market.   Of all the 1911 pistols I own none are Colt and I think that’s true of my friends as well.
Link Posted: 2/26/2024 12:18:45 AM EDT
[Last Edit: mlin] [#3]
Colt produces each model by batch. It has switch gears in last few year to focus on wheel gun production. This year is blued Python year. I think 1911 supply from Colt will remain slim until a year or two that they satisfy blue Python demands.
Link Posted: 2/26/2024 7:55:32 PM EDT
[#4]
After searching for Colt 1911’s for years and hardly EVER seeing any in stock I’m thinking this CZ buyout is a great thing! All the Colt dealers in my A.O. have had a nice selection of Colt 1911’s for the last year or so. I’ve been fortunate enough to pick up a Combat Commander, Gold Cup “Lite”, Government Model, and a Combat Elite Govt model in the last year and a half.
Page Handguns » Colt
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top