Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/3/2023 9:31:49 PM EDT
Got one of the new gen Pythons that has problems with light strikes in double action. Happens with both factory ammo and handloads. Gun has been back to Colt on their dime. Took it out today and got about 50% light strikes still.

Anyone solve this?
Link Posted: 9/4/2023 7:14:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dfariswheel] [#1]
The new Colt's have a history of not liking reloads and some factory ammo, especially Armscor brand and other cheaper brands and harder primers like CCI.

Either try the factory again and let them fix it correctly, or send it to Heffron Precision for their trigger job.
This not only gives a DA and SA trigger as good or better then the original Python, they also seem to get reliable ignition after whatever they do.
Bottom line, select your reload primers for best reliability and do good reloading practices like cleaning primer pockets and seating primers all the way.

Best advice is to make Colt fix it....You paid good money, make them correct it on their dime.

https://www.heffronprecision.com/
Link Posted: 9/4/2023 8:14:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Would figure I'm using CCI primers. Factory ammo was PMC. I'm a little reluctant to send it to Colt a second time when they had it for two months and didn't fix it.
Link Posted: 9/5/2023 6:47:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Contact Colt and plainly tell them that this is the second time back and that you would like faster service the second time around.
That will probably get it done faster.

I'm not sure how Colt does it, but if I had a watch or a gun come back the second time it went to the front of the stack.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top