Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » Colt
Site Notices
Posted: 3/30/2023 11:53:11 AM EDT
Recently purchased a 3" python at local gun store when examining at home i noticed rear sight wobble from side to side after i tightened down the elevation screw it became tight but my shots were way low i solved the problem with a thin o'ring wedged under the rear sight but having paid $1500 dollars for this firearm that should not have been sent out with that problem. Wilson combat makes a replacement rear sight but is rather pricey.I love the python but am disappointed in cz for this problem!
Link Posted: 3/30/2023 12:17:02 PM EDT
[#1]
The rear sight is a weak point for these revolvers. I replaced mine with Wilson’s.
Link Posted: 3/30/2023 2:00:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Both of mine are fine.  No complaints.
Link Posted: 3/30/2023 8:37:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Doubtful CZ had anything to do with this issue. The people building & inspecting the Python line have been on the job long before CZ appeared. They're still doing the same job(s) they were doing 2-3 years ago. There were no mass firings or layoffs. True to point, this sort of issue wouldn't happen from a CZ factory, IMO. Colt is no surprise.

For the record, I too own a 3" Python. Double the price for what it's worth, IMO. Never again. Love my CZ's.
Link Posted: 4/5/2023 6:30:15 PM EDT
[#4]
My front was loose and I tightened it but I plan on replacing the sights with Wilson soon.
Page Handguns » Colt
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top