Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Site Notices
Posted: 4/27/2024 9:39:14 PM EDT
I am on the fence between a USP9C (USPs are the sexiest gun ever made) and a P2000SK 9 (not as sexy but would definitely take her home at last call). Can you give me your pros and cons of each? I also, despite having a few USPs over the years, have never experienced a LEM trigger, as they’ve all been V1’s, should I consider a LEM? I’ve had several glocks and I’m not the biggest fan of those triggers, but do like the idea of a draw-and-shoot ccw
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 10:14:05 AM EDT
[#1]
I just picked up a USPc 9 and installed the LEM kit as a potential carry gun.

First couple of range trips with it; the light LEM setup is nice. A LOT of trigger take up, but it’s essentially the same as the V1 trigger in single action. It would take a bit to learn where the wall is on it, but overall, not bad.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 10:25:14 AM EDT
[#2]
I’m currently carrying a USP 9 V3. I have about 1k rounds through it (I just bought it 1.5 months ago ). The DA trigger takes some getting used to but with a good dry fire regiment it can get used to. My trigger is now silky smooth DA and a LIGHT crisp SA.

I would go with the USP 9 Compact, it’s the original. It also has an epic track record to say the least.

I haven’t shot a LEM before but that’s also another option that the USP can handle. That being said the P2000 is way cheaper than a USP 9 Compact.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 10:39:55 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 6731HBAR] [#3]
I have neither so can't help you there. Last year I purchased  a HK45c.  I don't carry it yet but want to try to fit in this summer.  The LEM is to me incredibly smooth, yes a considerable amount of take up, but nice or very nice break.  If you get enough rounds to be comfortable with it, I would think it could be very workable.  I just need to get in more practice and still find a holster I like.  Hope that helps a small bit.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 12:14:01 AM EDT
[Last Edit: pilatuspilot] [#4]
I have a lot of HKs. My USPc 45 is my edc but I have P2000, and multiples of most HK pistols. I’ve converted most to LEM but my USPc 45 is my lone holdout. Even in da/SA I shoot it so well and have so many rounds through it. That said I have an LEM kit for it and one day it will standardize.

Between P2000 and USPc I honestly couldn’t tell you which.  For carrying compacts they’re basically the same. There are days I decide to carry a USP 45 or HK45 or even MK23. If I need to carry a tiny gun for some reason I  go to P30SK, G27/26, or a J frame. Carry the biggest gun you’re comfortable with.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 9:20:58 AM EDT
[Last Edit: BabaYaga22] [#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By pilatuspilot:
I have a lot of HKs. My USPc 45 is my edc but I have P2000, and multiples of most HK pistols. I’ve converted most to LEM but my USPc 45 is my lone holdout. Even in da/SA I shoot it so well and have so many rounds through it. That said I have an LEM kit for it and one day it will standardize.

Between P2000 and USPc I honestly couldn’t tell you which.  For carrying compacts they’re basically the same. There are days I decide to carry a USP 45 or HK45 or even MK23. If I need to carry a tiny gun for some reason I  go to P30SK, G27/26, or a J frame. [Carry the biggest gun you’re comfortable with.
View Quote

Bolded and underlined because that’s the TRUTH. Carrying a gun shouldn’t be comfortable, it should be comforting.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 4:07:26 PM EDT
[#6]
I have both and the p2000sk is easier to conceal.   I use a solum tool plus 0 mag extension and it's perfect
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 2:11:00 PM EDT
[#7]
The P2000 is easier to carry but always gave me hammer bite when I shot it.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 2:40:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Seems odd to compare a USPc to a P2000SK instead of a standard P2000.

I daily a 45c, so my vote is for the P2000 for the added comfort.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 11:43:59 PM EDT
[#9]
For carry, p2000sk all the way. It's smaller. The USPc is a great gun, but p2000sk carries much better. I pretty much carry mine year round. Went back to the p2000sk after carrying a p30sk for a long time. The aggressive grip texture irritates my side after wearing it all day.

LEM is very unique. Once you practice with it, you can be fast. The gray guns flat trigger and short reset are a must for me. The reset makes it feel almost identical to a striker fired reset. Having shot glocks for years, it made the p2000sk feel more natural.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 11:46:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By patw:
The P2000 is easier to carry but always gave me hammer bite when I shot it.
View Quote
Are your hands as big as Andre the giants? I'm trying to figure out how you experience that.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 6:23:59 PM EDT
[#11]
I have both in 40sw and light lem for the trigger.

P2sk pros
Carries better/easier
Comfortable texture
Softer recoil impulse
Standard light rail
Can use uspc and other hk mags for more capacity

Cons
Trigger pull and reset is longer
Depending on your hand size, grip length in standard form may have ergo issues

Uspc pros
Trigger is better feeling and has a shorter reset
More trigger options
Higher initial capacity
Longer barrel and sight radius

Cons
Proprietary rail
Prints more
Sharper recoil impuse
Some think the grip texture is rough (I think it feels fine)

If you would have asked me a year ago which I preferred it would have been the uspc, but now after shooting a few thousand more out of the p2sk and many side by side range trips. Now the p2sk is what I predominantly shoot and carry.

At the end of the day the p2sk can do everything the uspc can with better concealment.
Most hk fans will tell you it doesn't matter which one you pick because you will end up with both.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 12:23:43 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By txgunguy:
Are your hands as big as Andre the giants? I'm trying to figure out how you experience that.
View Quote

I owned both the P2000 and sk versions and both did it to me with the spurred hammers. I have the same problem with Glocks without the beaver tail pieces,standard 1911 style pistols and the Sig 230 series.  My hands are not that large but I just happen to have have issues with certain gun designs. The P2000 checked all of my boxes for a carry gun but unfortunately, it didn't work out.
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top