Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/1/2024 11:01:21 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Speedwinder]
I have had these Caniks for a while now. From watching video's and scouting out prices on the net, I decided the Caniks looked like nice pistols at a good cost, and the Mete SFT would serve as a back-up home defense pistol, and the MC9 as a back-up carry pistol.

After shooting these for a while now, I decided I had it wrong. These two are contenders for replacing my home pistol and carry pistol. I have about 500 rounds through each and will wait for another 500 rounds to be fired before making my decision. So far, neither pistol has had a malfunction, and the Mete SFT is the most accurate out-of-the box pistol I have ever shot.

I think the Caniks are one of the best bargains on the pistol market.

Link Posted: 4/1/2024 11:24:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Agreed. I jumped on them years ago when one could be had for ~300 OTD. Best stock trigger I've ever experienced, and eats any round loaded in it.

My only gripe with them was the finish and cost of magazines. Daily carry wore it clean off the slide, and mags were about 40-50 bucks IIRC when I was looking.

Maybe they've figured the finish out now, idk.

Mine rides in a chassis now, and it's one of the most fun range toys I own.

Link Posted: 4/1/2024 11:56:01 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Speedwinder] [#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By pestilence12:
Agreed. I jumped on them years ago when one could be had for ~300 OTD. Best stock trigger I've ever experienced, and eats any round loaded in it.

My only gripe with them was the finish and cost of magazines. Daily carry wore it clean off the slide, and mags were about 40-50 bucks IIRC when I was looking.

View Quote

I agree with the high cost of mags. At first that bothered me. But to pack as many rounds into the mags, it pretty much needs to be made of steel (expensive). So I bought a couple of extras for each that would take me to 18 rounds each for my MC9, and 20 rounds each for my SFT.

Mine have not been "carried" so far so I can't comment on wear. For carry pistols, I don't really care too much if they show some wear.

Thanks for the comments!
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 12:36:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

After 6 months of daily carry, holster wear.

Attachment Attached File

How I shoot it now. Quite a fun little blaster.
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 4:53:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Bought my first a year ago tp9sf. Was 400 bucks.They did have my eye like three years ago but was stuck on my 1911 as my target gun (which is a great gun too.)

But wanted a 9mm for an extra target gun and right out of the box I was impressed with it. Trigger is very nice gun feels great in hand and no issues shooting it. I am getting pretty quick on the steel with it too. Has been an accurate gun as well.

Mine is an older model so it doesn’t have the slide cut for optic but then again I prefer irons.

I also have a Glock 20 and a 43 but they are single purpose guns not my main target shooters. Sure they are great but I think the Canik is just a better gun all around. Pretty sure my tp9 is equal size to a g17
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 7:03:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Nice couple of pistols. The MC9 surprised me with how much I like it.
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 7:38:50 PM EDT
[#6]
I immediately fell in love with the MC9. I can shoot it more accurately than any other pistol I own.

Don't go looking over at the Canik subreddit. That place is eat up with MC9 haters due to some early model recoil spring failures.
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 9:55:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By SquatchAv8:
I immediately fell in love with the MC9. I can shoot it more accurately than any other pistol I own.

Don't go looking over at the Canik subreddit. That place is eat up with MC9 haters due to some early model recoil spring failures.
View Quote

I plan on buying the mc9 went to 4 places near me at home and no one had in stock one shop could order it.I al,ost bought one a few months ago local place had in stock often but now cant keep on the shelf on any canik models.

Get back home wed so will go look on thurs again.I plan to replace my g43 with the mc9.Im aware the first models had issues and some was due to the feedramp too i think there is a new barrel thats been improved.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top