Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/3/2024 8:44:16 AM EDT
Has anyone seen this before?
Gen 2 17. Both sides of the mag well are missing chunks and there is a slight crack one one side.
Any ideas on a repair?
I emailed Glock this morning just to see if they have any ideas.
Thanks.Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 8:51:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Stop pistol whipping bitches
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 8:54:20 AM EDT
[#2]
Dremel grip chop to g19
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 8:54:57 AM EDT
[#3]
FPNI

Stop abusing your plastic fantastic.
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 8:55:48 AM EDT
[#4]
I’ve often wondered how long the polymer would last on these firearms before it started getting brittle and breaking down.
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 9:02:32 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By FullAssault:
I’ve often wondered how long the polymer would last on these firearms before it started getting brittle and breaking down.
View Quote

I've always wondered that too.

But my Gen 2 M19 is showing no signs of age. Yet.
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 9:02:43 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Bumblebee_Bob] [#6]
Double tap
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 9:17:09 AM EDT
[#7]
It's modular, just swap out the frame....wait a minute.
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 9:50:02 AM EDT
[Last Edit: cornholio123] [#8]
In a free state I might get a Polymer 80 and keep going...
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 10:34:59 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By PvtJoeBauers:
Stop pistol whipping bitches
View Quote

^^^^^^
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 11:11:16 AM EDT
[#10]
That looks somewhat symmetrical. Did you get it in this condition?  Maybe somebody did that to clear some sort of magazine extension?  

Multiple options.

Have Glock replace it (probably for a fee for that age).  

Chop the grip down to G19 size.  

Buy an aftermarket frame like the SCT 17 and put the original on a shelf, or sell to someone who will do one of the other two options.

Link Posted: 4/3/2024 1:30:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Glock will say to replace the frame.

Since they don’t make gen 2 frames, they will likely replace the entire gun with an orange label gen 3.
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 2:00:47 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By naes:
Glock will say to replace the frame.

Since they don't make gen 2 frames, they will likely replace the entire gun with an orange label gen 3.
View Quote
Typically they replace the frame with a Gen 3 frame, replace the guts, and you retain the slide and barrel.
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 2:06:41 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By 103:
Typically they replace the frame with a Gen 3 frame, replace the guts, and you retain the slide and barrel.
View Quote

So if they replace the frame with a Gen3, will it have the same serial number as the one turned in?
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 2:13:32 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By X-CaptHook:

So if they replace the frame with a Gen3, will it have the same serial number as the one turned in?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By X-CaptHook:
Originally Posted By 103:

No. It'll have a replacement frame serial.
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 2:37:31 PM EDT
[#15]
Thanks for all responses.
First, I need to keep my pimp hand strong.
Second I already have a 19, but that isn’t a bad idea.
I have already heard from Glock and they said it is probably covered under warranty and to send it in.
Thanks for the heads up on what to expect.
I don’t really want a frame with the finger grooves, but we will see what they offer.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 4:08:04 PM EDT
[#16]
Would a magwell cover that area? I'd hate to give up a Gen2 lower too!

Steve
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 5:35:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HopSlam] [#17]
Attachment Attached File

My 1990 model is starting to do the same. I have a P80 76% frame I will change it to if it gets worse.
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 4:50:10 PM EDT
[#18]
As mentioned, Glock is most likely going to offer you a 3rd gen frame in exchange. It may be too late at this point but if you don't want finger grooves, you might want to reach out to them asap and let them know, as it's not uncommon for Glock to simply send you a 3rd gen frame and reply that they've destroyed the 2nd gen as part of that process (should you inquire).

It's also not unheard of for Glock to insist on keeping the damaged frame and swapping it out for a new one.  
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 4:56:22 PM EDT
[#19]
To me that looks like you're using some kind of baseplate that don't necessarily "fit"
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 12:29:48 PM EDT
[#20]
Stop using your Glock as a hammer. Whatever base plate or extension you are using stop. Use OEM mags. Maybe do a frame chop or see Glock will replace the frame with a gen 3.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top