Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » Colt
Site Notices
Posted: 3/15/2024 3:54:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: agriebel]
I have a 80 series colt commander that is a "custom by ed brown".  It was made in 1990 and has a blue slide with silvery type of frame, maybe metaloy, it's not stainless steel.  Bomar sights and a bar-sto barrel. Do these have any value above a new production Ed Brown?  It's a beautiful gun with a terrific trigger.
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 6:42:51 PM EDT
[#1]

I don't know about the value

. . . . but that looks wonderful

Link Posted: 3/15/2024 7:16:50 PM EDT
[#2]
The frame is probably hard chrome, a favorite of custom gunsmiths who want the best finish that's a real lifetime finish.

Hard chrome is offered by a number of suppliers, often under a brand name, but it's all hard chrome.
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 9:34:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By dfariswheel:
The frame is probably hard chrome, a favorite of custom gunsmiths who want the best finish that's a real lifetime finish.

Hard chrome is offered by a number of suppliers, often under a brand name, but it's all hard chrome.
View Quote

yep

Link Posted: 3/16/2024 10:35:28 AM EDT
[#4]
Ed Brown second hand market tends to be softer than other 1911 semi custom shops, but you never know what something is worth to the right person. I'd be tempted if I saw it in the classifieds, but two tone with target sights is my favorite configuration.

You'll get better feedback from the 1911 section here, or even better a dedicated 1911 forum like 1911 Addicts.

Great looking specimen you have there!
Link Posted: 3/16/2024 12:54:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By friskydingo:
Ed Brown second hand market tends to be softer than other 1911 semi custom shops, but you never know what something is worth to the right person. I'd be tempted if I saw it in the classifieds, but two tone with target sights is my favorite configuration.

You'll get better feedback from the 1911 section here, or even better a dedicated 1911 forum like 1911 Addicts.

Great looking specimen you have there!
View Quote

thanks, I'll post there as well
Page Handguns » Colt
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top