Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/17/2024 4:35:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RideRed0331]
I’m looking for assistance from those who are running LOK TS/TSO magwells on their DWX’s. I have a full size DWX and just got my LOK Shadow2 short palm swell grips and the TS/TSO magwell. The grips fit perfect, no issue.

However, the TS/TSO magwell is absolutely not fitting my frame. Attached are the pictures of how far I can fit it, and the circles are where it is contacting my frame which I can clearly see by the bright uncoated aluminum.

Has anyone had an LOK magwell not fit their DWX?

Link Posted: 1/17/2024 5:08:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Millennial] [#1]
Originally Posted By RideRed0331:
I’m looking for assistance from those who are running LOK TS/TSO magwells on their DWX’s. I have a full size DWX and just got my LOK Shadow2 short palm swell grips and the TS/TSO magwell. The grips fit perfect, no issue.

However, the TS/TSO magwell is absolutely not fitting my frame. Attached are the pictures of how far I can fit it, and the circles are where it is contacting my frame which I can clearly see by the bright uncoated aluminum.

Has anyone had an LOK magwell not fit their DWX?

https://i.imgur.com/Db23yrt.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/9HxVaHb.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/8TMHEie.jpg
View Quote

DWX uses CZ-75 compact (standard) magazines. Like a shadow, CZ-75B, etc.

TS/TSO/CZM uses the full-size CZ75 magazines.

They are different frames for different size non-interchangeable wider mags. I would not be surprised if the magwells are likewise a different size.

Try a LOK magwell for a Shadow/CZ-75B
Link Posted: 1/17/2024 5:39:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RideRed0331] [#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Millennial:

DWX uses CZ-75 compact (standard) magazines. Like a shadow, CZ-75B, etc.

TS/TSO/CZM uses the full-size CZ75 magazines.

They are different frames for different size non-interchangeable wider mags. I would not be surprised if the magwells are likewise a different size.

Try a LOK magwell for a Shadow/CZ-75B
View Quote

The DWX actually uses the CZ P10F 19-round magazines. At least the full size does, I'm unsure about the compact.

There are several threads stating the TS/TSO magwell is the correct fitment on the DWX, and there are several pictured installed on the DWX. Most state it simply slides on and secures easily with the set-screw, however mine is not doing so.

I also have this from ArmoryCrafts site regarding interchangeability:

Link Posted: 1/17/2024 5:46:00 PM EDT
[#3]
I got mine to fit, but a dead blow mallet was involved….
Link Posted: 1/17/2024 5:53:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By 59Bassman:
I got mine to fit, but a dead blow mallet was involved….
View Quote

This is what I'm worried about. Clearly it WILL FIT, but I'd just prefer to not MAKE IT FIT.

If I was able to take .5mm off the top of the inner magwell (the part that butts up to the very bottom of the DWX frame) it would slide right on and also eliminate the slight gap between the grip. It's just such an awkward shape I'm not sure how it could be done.
Link Posted: 1/17/2024 10:24:02 PM EDT
[#5]
LOK seems to be an upstanding company, I would give them a call.
Link Posted: 1/17/2024 11:41:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By dogtired:
LOK seems to be an upstanding company, I would give them a call.
View Quote

I did actually, they told me they build the magwells to fit the TS/TSO frames but a byproduct of that is them fitting the DWX (apparently on case by case basis), but they are not built to that DWX tolerance. They offered for me to send it in so they can make sure it fits their TS/TSO frames (because it is built to fit those tolerances) and if it does fit they'll ship it back to me. I'm just not keen on waiting for them to say something along the lines of it checks out on their end, and then be right back to where I am now. I just expected it to fit based on what the other threads/Reddit were reporting.
Link Posted: 1/18/2024 7:48:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Nothing ventured, nothing gained.
Link Posted: 1/20/2024 3:05:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BisonWorld] [#8]
It’s the right Magwell. Fitting may be required given the attachment methodology. The only thing that really controls the vertical movement of the magwell/its security is being tightly clearanced to the bottom of the frame. It’s likely the manufacturing tolerances between the two parts have some small overlap so in a best case scenario, it goes together snug and in a worst case it requires a little fitting/filing. Generally a better solution than the other option of best case snug and worst case loose, much harder to put material back on.

Even with ts/tso ive ran into ones that need fitting. Pretty doubtful they actually have tech data access to size limits on the frames. Know from coincidence the ts/tso and dwx have the same spec in that location.
Link Posted: 1/20/2024 9:49:36 PM EDT
[#9]
UPDATE: MAGWELL IS INSTALLED!!

The TS/TSO Magwell is the correct fitment. As BisonWorld stated it needed a slight bit of material removed due to extremely tight tolerances. I actually ripped down a 2x4 to approximately 3/8" and sanded the end of it until it fit the contour of the magwell perfectly, then glued 150 grit to that and used it to remove material until I had a very snug fit. I have to hit it pretty hard with my hand to seat it, which is what I wanted. The set screw is not doing much, it's more of an interference fit, but it still aids with peace of mind.

Very happy with the finished product. The Henning mag extensions work perfectly on both the P10F mags and also fit in the magwell with zero contact/friction for easy drop outs.

Pics:

Link Posted: 1/21/2024 7:09:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By RideRed0331:
UPDATE: MAGWELL IS INSTALLED!!

The TS/TSO Magwell is the correct fitment. As BisonWorld stated it needed a slight bit of material removed due to extremely tight tolerances. I actually ripped down a 2x4 to approximately 3/8" and sanded the end of it until it fit the contour of the magwell perfectly, then glued 150 grit to that and used it to remove material until I had a very snug fit. I have to hit it pretty hard with my hand to seat it, which is what I wanted. The set screw is not doing much, it's more of an interference fit, but it still aids with peace of mind.

Very happy with the finished product. The Henning mag extensions work perfectly on both the P10F mags and also fit in the magwell with zero contact/friction for easy drop outs.

Pics:
https://i.imgur.com/xrcav55.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/swg4RdC.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/slISNhE.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/iAWXsb8.jpg
View Quote

Beautiful
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 3:59:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Fitting a part is by far the best option in these scenarios.  Making a part to fit a model of pistol allows for some play that it will fit everything but fitting means it is fit to your pistol 100% and no amount of manufacturing can account for your pistol 100%.
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 8:05:19 PM EDT
[#12]
I had to hit mine on (shadow2) with a mallot.  

Mallets aren’t just for AKs
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top