Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/6/2024 7:45:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bowhuntr09]
Backstory

I bought a brand new DWX Compact a week or so ago and took it out Sunday for my first shots with it. Plan was to put 300 trouble free rounds through it so it can join the carry rotation. Somewhere between rounds 200-300 I noticed the right grip was loose and upon closer examination the grip screw head had gone missing.
Attachment Attached File

I got home and tried to get it out using an allen wrench and there just wasn’t enough head left to extract the screw. I was able to lift the grip off and the proceeded to unscrew the remaining shaft of the screw, which came out with no problem.
Attachment Attached File

So today I call DW and talk to Austin. He says no problem, fill out the warranty form online, I won’t have to send anything in and they will send the screws to me. Sounds easy enough right…..wrong.

After filling out the warranty form I get an email from Christian saying he has created a FedEx label and I should be receiving it shortly. I emailed him back explaining that I don’t really need to send the gun in, and I just need a couple of grip screws sent to me.
He responds that the gunsmith says I need to send the gun in. Sorry for the inconvenience. I emailed him back explaining yet again there’s no problem with the gun. I just need a couple of screws and he gets back to me and says well. FedEx us the screws with the label I provided and we will swap them out for new screws….and then he adds this little gem.

Direct quote- “I did want to let you know so you are aware that if there’s any damage on the frame we CANNOT cover it under warranty and it would be a PAID firearm replacement.”

ABSOLUTELY ASININE!!!!

So just be warned, if you need new grip screws because they failed on the very first outing with the gun and you don’t want to send the entire gun in for a simple screw. Your warranty may be in jeopardy.
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 9:38:48 PM EDT
[#1]
That's retarded ass customer service relationship that they are giving you.
Link Posted: 3/7/2024 4:35:06 AM EDT
[#2]
There’s a huge hullabaloo over on facefuck in one of the CZ owner groups over the shitty, lack of customer service from CZ/Dan Wesson. It doesn’t look good for them.

I own several CZ’s and a DWX, happy with them. I hope CZ, Dan Wesson, Colt whoever the heck is in charge of things can rectify the problem. There seems to be too many complaints for there not to be a problem.
Link Posted: 3/7/2024 12:28:45 PM EDT
[#3]
That makes me sad.

I still want a DWX.
Link Posted: 3/7/2024 1:03:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Not a great CZ/Wesson warranty story, but the same thing happened to my Vigil when I first bought it a few years ago.   Didn't even consider a warranty claim, just bought new screws for like 6 bucks I think been awhile.
Link Posted: 3/7/2024 1:29:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Weird.  They have always had excellent CS....before the Colt buyout
Link Posted: 3/7/2024 1:38:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By lilMAC25:
That makes me sad.

I still want a DWX.
View Quote

I would buy it again, It’s still my favorite pistol and I’ve got some nice ones. Although there are exceptions I hear, it’s pretty hard to find any gun manufacturer worth a damn at customer service these days it seems.
Link Posted: 3/7/2024 2:26:48 PM EDT
[#7]
I really like this DWX compact, but with their severe lack of customer service over something as simple as two grip screws I would be a bit reluctant to spend any more money with them. What am I in for on a more serious issue as far as customer service goes? They don’t even seem to be able to get the simple ones right.
Link Posted: 3/9/2024 10:05:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Looks like they broached the hex too deep, causing a thin web of material where the shaft meets the head. I've seen that before on other screws, where the head just pops off.

I know some guys prefer slotted screws on their 1911 grips vs the hex or torx, as that eliminates the possibility of this issue.

Sounds pretty dumb on DWs part to pay for shipping both ways for this minor issue. I'd be tempted to just send it in and say f**k-it, since it's their nickel.

They probably are just covering their butts that you didn't mess up the frame (like cross threading the screws) and that's what caused them to snap. I'm sure they've had their share of "I was just shooting normally when...." and it turns out to be a user error or something the customer messed up.
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 9:01:25 PM EDT
[#9]
The only way I was able to get my vigil to run properly was to use sig 1911 mags and wilson springs. Those two things really helped with the failure to go into battery issue

It got sent back to them after my first 600 rounds and the issue wasn't fixed.

One of the factory mags wouldn't fall free and was clearly out of spec because when inserted you can feel it drag, i emailed them and never heard back

I like the vigil but its not dependable.

Every CZ i own has been 100% rock solid. My sample size of 1 with DW is “meh”. Beautiful gun. Craftsmanship is amazing. Just cant get it to work like it should.
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 1:57:48 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By mimibeardsley:
The only way I was able to get my vigil to run properly was to use sig 1911 mags and wilson springs. Those two things really helped with the failure to go into battery issue

It got sent back to them after my first 600 rounds and the issue wasn't fixed.

One of the factory mags wouldn't fall free and was clearly out of spec because when inserted you can feel it drag, i emailed them and never heard back

I like the vigil but its not dependable.

Every CZ i own has been 100% rock solid. My sample size of 1 with DW is "meh". Beautiful gun. Craftsmanship is amazing. Just cant get it to work like it should.
View Quote
Rule #1 of 1911 ownership: toss the factory mags and get Wilson mags or CMC Powermags.  

Also, CZ SUCKS at springs, they have at least gotten better though, no more super undersprung guns breaking slide stops a few hundred rounds in.

I've had good luck personally with CZ CS, had an issue with my 75B SA and they sent me the pins needed no problem, this was pre-DW though.

Link Posted: 4/1/2024 1:31:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Placed an order on CZ-USA on March 19, 2024… it’s showing that the order is “staging”. Anyone know what the heck that means?
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 2:50:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BMSMB] [#12]
Doubling down on the CZ-USA goodness... they've been sitting on my order (a DWX trigger) for over 2 weeks... called customer service and the guy was just like "they'll get it shipped at some point".
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 9:07:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: lilMAC25] [#13]
Originally Posted By BMSMB:
Doubling down on the CZ-USA goodness... they've been sitting on my order (a DWX trigger) for over 2 weeks... called customer service and the guy was just like "they'll get it shipped at some point".
View Quote

Same. I ordered on 3/19.

Still hasn’t shipped.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 10:15:41 PM EDT
[#14]

Same. I ordered on 3/19.

Still hasn’t shipped.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/71141/IMG_4499_png-3178455.JPG
View Quote

Their warehouse didn't have power today... and the CS rep didn't seem confident it would go out on Friday... maybe next week :/
Link Posted: 4/6/2024 10:07:37 AM EDT
[#15]

Their warehouse didn't have power today... and the CS rep didn't seem confident it would go out on Friday... maybe next week :/
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Same. I ordered on 3/19.

Still hasn’t shipped.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/71141/IMG_4499_png-3178455.JPG

Jeez.
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 10:04:44 AM EDT
[#16]
I just got a receipt for $27.04 from CZ-USA for an order placed on 3/19/24 (the day I placed my order with them).

$27.04 seems low for cost + (Mizzou sales 4.23%) tax on a mag that costs $26.51.
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 2:46:28 PM EDT
[#17]
I just got a receipt for $27.04 from CZ-USA for an order placed on 3/19/24 (the day I placed my order with them).

$27.04 seems low for cost + (Mizzou sales 4.23%) tax on a mag that costs $26.51.
View Quote

No changes/charges for mine yet :/
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 1:08:23 AM EDT
[#18]
Sad to see.  I had to use CZ CS once and it was phenomenal.

I bought a CZ 527 Varmint in 223 Rem and it was supposed to have a 1-9" twist, but came with a barrel marked 1-12.  Didn't notice until I got the gun home from the FFL that it had the wrong twist.  Obviously the place I bought the gun from (Buds) told me to go pound sand.  I called CZ and gave them the serial and the guy over the phone confirmed it should be a 1-9" twist rifle.  He had me sent him a picture of the barrel, then he sent me a shipping label and I sent the gun in.  Didn't hear from them for a couple weeks and then they sent me an email saying they were sending me a brand new 527 Varmint with the correct barrel and they duplicated the serial number so I wouldn't need to do another transfer.

Also know of a guy who sent in a CZ 75B to get repaired and CZ wanted to replace the gun instead.  They didn't have any of the exact model he sent in so they gave him a few guns to choose from - one being a CZ 75 stainless and they sent him that.  He said they also sent him a few extra mags to make up for him needing to pay to have it transferred again since it had a new serial number.

Seems like they've gone downhill since Colt bought them, though.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 10:36:49 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Zeebz:
Sad to see.  I had to use CZ CS once and it was phenomenal.

I bought a CZ 527 Varmint in 223 Rem and it was supposed to have a 1-9" twist, but came with a barrel marked 1-12.  Didn't notice until I got the gun home from the FFL that it had the wrong twist.  Obviously the place I bought the gun from (Buds) told me to go pound sand.  I called CZ and gave them the serial and the guy over the phone confirmed it should be a 1-9" twist rifle.  He had me sent him a picture of the barrel, then he sent me a shipping label and I sent the gun in.  Didn't hear from them for a couple weeks and then they sent me an email saying they were sending me a brand new 527 Varmint with the correct barrel and they duplicated the serial number so I wouldn't need to do another transfer.

Also know of a guy who sent in a CZ 75B to get repaired and CZ wanted to replace the gun instead.  They didn't have any of the exact model he sent in so they gave him a few guns to choose from - one being a CZ 75 stainless and they sent him that.  He said they also sent him a few extra mags to make up for him needing to pay to have it transferred again since it had a new serial number.

Seems like they've gone downhill since Colt bought them, though.
View Quote

They bought colt...
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 10:44:42 AM EDT
[#20]

They bought colt...
View Quote

Yep, typo by me.  I guess the appropriate response would be since Colt's leadership allegedly took over US operations.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 3:54:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: lilMAC25] [#21]
Called and was able to speak to CZ-USA CS today…

It’s taking a while to ship orders from CZ-USA because (per the CZ gentleman I spoke to) all of CZ-USA has exactly 1 person in the warehouse with a backlog of OVER 1,000 orders.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 7:42:22 PM EDT
[#22]
That is said to hear.  My experience from about 10 years ago-

CBOB #1- grip screw stripped in frame while I was shooting it.  Called and they sent me a tag and I sent it back.  Pistol was returned with a properly repaired frame and grip screw.

CBOB #2- Hammer spur cracked off while I was shooting it.   I called and they sent me a replacement hammer.  After installation, everything worked great.

I have had zero issues with my Valor.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 8:19:22 PM EDT
[#23]
Called and was able to speak to CZ-USA CS today…

It’s taking a while to ship orders from CZ-USA because (per the CZ gentleman I spoke to) all of CZ-USA has exactly 1 person in the warehouse with a backlog of OVER 1,000 orders.
View Quote

I got a similar response today from an email I sent a week ago... not impressed.
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 7:59:03 AM EDT
[#24]
Damn, it sure has gone downhill.  It seems like most of their good experienced help is leaving and they are having trouble backfilling them.

I broke a P10 striker back in 2021? and it was a breeze.  Had me a fresh part sent out immediately with a very painless phone call.
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 1:12:06 PM EDT
[#25]
I just had a $27.04 charge from CZ-USA clear my account (and a receipt email). If all they send me is 1 mag, I’m gonna be pretty livid.
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 5:25:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: lilMAC25] [#26]
Good news! I just got a package from CZ-USA!

Bad News! It was NOT MY order. I got a single blue baseplate. Packing slip says someone else’s name, package says my name.

Thanks, CZ!

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 5:40:57 PM EDT
[#27]
Good news! I just got a package from CZ-USA!

Bad News! It was NOT MY order. I got a single blue baseplate. Packing slip says someone else’s name, package says my name.

Thanks, CZ!

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/71141/IMG_4531_jpeg-3185154.JPG
View Quote

Ooof.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 9:57:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: lilMAC25] [#28]
The guy whose stuff I got received something of mine. We shipped each other the part we ordered. Tomorrow I try to replace the trigger.

Also, CZ-USA shipped 3 of my mags (without telling me they’ve shipped), and I’ve missed 2 delivery attempts. I’ve told FedEx I want them to go to the local Walgreens… let’s see if that happens or not.

Still waiting on the larger capacity mags to ship.

Oh, and since they split it into 3 orders, I have paid shipping 3 times (4 if you count the favor I did for the guy who got my stuff).
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 10:52:13 PM EDT
[#29]
The guy whose stuff I got received something of mine. We shipped each other the part we ordered. Tomorrow I try to replace the trigger.

Also, CZ-USA shipped 3 of my mags (without telling me they’ve shipped), and I’ve missed 2 delivery attempts. I’ve told FedEx I want them to go to the local Walgreens… let’s see if that happens or not.

Still waiting on the larger capacity mags to ship.

Oh, and since they split it into 3 orders, I have paid shipping 3 times (4 if you count the favor I did for the guy who got my stuff).
View Quote

Multiple shipping charges are 100% BS and worthy of a chargeback.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 4:01:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: lilMAC25] [#30]
Yay! Got my mags at Walgreens (as one should). Just waiting on the 2 extended mags now!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top