Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » Colt
Site Notices
Posted: 3/14/2024 3:55:19 PM EDT
I saw one at a gun shop being sold as new.
Don't see them on the Colt website.
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 5:03:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 6:40:50 PM EDT
[#2]
I think Colt stopped making the MK IV/Series 70 Government Model Reproduction (1970A1CS) not long after they introduced the 1911 Government Model Classic (01911C) five years ago.
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 2:58:20 PM EDT
[#3]
They have a current re-issue with 73B Serial Numbers
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 9:27:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: rod727] [#4]
They recently dropped some new MKIV 73 B serial repos. God only knows what they are doing, maybe they had a few slides laying around or serialized frames who knows? They stopped making them five years ago as mentioned above only to release more. Another case of Colt being Colt
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 10:25:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By rod727:
They recently dropped some new MKIV 73 B serial repos. God only knows what they are doing, maybe they had a few slides laying around or serialized frames who knows? They stopped making them five years ago as mentioned above only to release more. Another case of Colt being Colt
View Quote

@rod727 any links?
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 7:12:33 AM EDT
[Last Edit: rod727] [#6]
Originally Posted By Ivan1:

@rod727 any links?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Ivan1:
Originally Posted By rod727:

@rod727 any links?

This latest batch almost stocked out

MKIV Colt

MKIV 70

Here is a thread where they were discussed at length last year with multiple new examples

Link Posted: 3/20/2024 7:37:22 AM EDT
[#7]
As of late, who knows.

Colt has been confusing with their "limited" releases over the past 4 or 5 years.

Like another poster said, they'll do a limited run (better get em fast!) and then release the same pistol again a year later.  Sometimes it's identical, sometimes there's a slight change...almost like they run across parts in the warehouse, cobble together enough complete pistols to release as "limited" again.

A couple decades from now, the collector market will be very confusing.
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 11:01:06 AM EDT
[Last Edit: SSeric02] [#8]
Do these new Series 70 reproductions have roll marked slides or laser engraved slides like the 1911 Classics?
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 11:38:30 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By rob78:
As of late, who knows.

Colt has been confusing with their "limited" releases over the past 4 or 5 years.

Like another poster said, they'll do a limited run (better get em fast!) and then release the same pistol again a year later.  Sometimes it's identical, sometimes there's a slight change...almost like they run across parts in the warehouse, cobble together enough complete pistols to release as "limited" again.

A couple decades from now, the collector market will be very confusing.
View Quote

The Smith collector's market says hold my beer and watch this.
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 2:21:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By SSeric02:
Do these new Series 70 reproductions have roll marked slides or laser engraved slides like the 1911 Classics?
View Quote

Everyone I have seen in the 73B range have been rollmarked slides
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 2:34:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SSeric02] [#11]
I was looking at the photos on the links you posted. The first looks like an older photo, barrel and hammer are in the white. The others show a blued barrel and hammer. They also seem to have higher ejection ports than previous iterations of the 1970A1CS. I bought two 1970A1CS about 5 years ago; I'll have to dig them out and see what the serials are. One has "Government Model" roll marked on the left side of the frame. Otherwise identical to the other, same model number, packaging, etc.

Link Posted: 3/20/2024 2:50:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: rod727] [#12]
Originally Posted By SSeric02:
I was looking at the photos on the links you posted. The fist looks like an older photo, barrel and hammer are in the white. The others show a blued barrel and hammer. They also seem to have higher ejection ports than previous iterations of the 1970A1CS. I bought two 1970A1CS about 5 years ago; I'll have to dig them out and see what the serials are. One has "Government Model" roll marked on the left side of the frame. Otherwise identical to the other, same model number, packaging, etc.

https://i.imgur.com/kLEp8vz.jpg
View Quote

I just took a photo of mine I have one 72B at the top of the photo hammer in the white and the rest are 73B’s here is a group shot. None of theses are new batch production.

Attachment Attached File

72B on the bottom in this one. None of mine have the Government marking on the dust cover
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/7/2024 4:08:09 PM EDT
[#13]
Any leads on these?  I’ve been looking for one but seem to keep missing the small releases Colt makes.
Link Posted: 4/7/2024 5:48:53 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By fishermen0105:
Any leads on these?  I’ve been looking for one but seem to keep missing the small releases Colt makes.
View Quote

Here is your chance !
Colt MKIV 70
Page Handguns » Colt
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top